Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wallis clothes - shop online

• 19-02-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Spotted a pair of jeans in Wallis in Grafton Street last week - Irish price €55, sterling price £35 (only pair of jeans in the shop with the sterling price left on). That's quite a markup - and I did complain in the shop.

However, you can get around this. Try on the clothes in the shop. Then go to www.wallis.co.uk and buy - you pay normal sterling prices plus £5 delivery to Ireland. There doesn't seem to be a limit on how much is delivered for £5.

It's no wonder that there was nobody in the shop while I was there. The sterling markup is ridiculous. Vote with your feet (by shoping in NI) or with your mouse (by shopping online).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

I do exactly the same thing because I'm fed up being ripped off by the whole sterling prices thing:mad: I try the clothes on in shops here and then order online from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Redpunto

did they not go into liquidation yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Am no, reference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Burton's are also good for this trick

• Registered Users Posts: 9 _Coco_

Same for Dorothy Perkins, I bought a suit in Ireland for €100 but then realised i could get it for £59 including postage online. It worked out at €70, I returned it the next day and passed no apology for my reasoning. I felt bad that inevitably this is type of thing may lead to the closure of shops in Ireland but really they should look to closing the gap between sterling and euro prices here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

You can also do this for Monsoon. I saw a dressed I loved in there for 210E. Was on their co.uk site for 110GBP. This was when 1GBP almost equaled 1E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Laura Fennelly

Wallis online have a 20% sale on everything at the moment and if you spend over £75 delivery is free. I bought a dress on line for which I saw in Wallis in Dublin for €65, it cost me £32 (€37.20).
    Wallis in Ireland would want to bring their prices down, they are ripping us off here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

20% off online today

Advertisement