Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Looks to be a big jump in specs over past vodafone smart-phones but also a very big jump in pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Looks to be a big jump in specs over past vodafone smart-phones but also a very big jump in pricing.

The other vodafone smart phones are still for sale. This is like you said, a big jump in specs. It's to try cover all areas. The basic smartphone user and now the high end smartphone user.

Google's Nexus phones before 6 and also the ONE Plus ONE are/were great value high end phones.

Vodafone has decided it wants a slice of the cake, but for much cheaper than even Google & One+!

Hopefully vodafone will have one of their random sales and maybe pick it up for around €130

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

How does this compare with Samsung Galaxy S3? Thinking of upgrading

colcatscar wrote: »
    How does this compare with Samsung Galaxy S3? Thinking of upgrading

Going by the specs, it probably give the s4 a run for its money. Has better secondary camera and same front camera. Has a better battery life. Same Ram and operating system, not sure how the processor compares though.

Its a little heavier but it is slightly bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ita a great budget device, comparing it with an s4 is like comparing a Ferrari with a mini cooper.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

RossieMan wrote: »
    Ita a great budget device, comparing it with an s4 is like comparing a Ferrari with a mini cooper.

This is a new device, the S4 is 2 years old now. It is a pretty fair comparison tbh....

All I'll say is that this is not a flagship top of the line device, but it is a fantastic spec for the money, and you really can't go too far wrong for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

This is a new device, the S4 is 2 years old now. It is a pretty fair comparison tbh....

All I'll say is that this is not a flagship top of the line device, but it is a fantastic spec for the money, and you really can't go too far wrong for that price.

It's more than a fair comparison and actually very similar specs.

Smart 6 Ultra = Octacore, 5.5" Full HD, great cameras, NFC, USB OTG ......
    S4 = Octacore, 5.0" screen, NFC, USB OTG

Antutu score are very similar too

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

fdevine wrote: »
    It's more than a fair comparison and actually very similar specs.

Smart 6 Ultra = Octacore, 5.5" Full HD, great cameras, NFC, USB OTG ......
    S4 = Octacore, 5.0" screen, NFC, USB OTG

Antutu score are very similar too

Most S4 sold here are quad core too...only very few actually had the octa core from memory. (typing from an S4 now bought in three now...).

Hmmmm, to buy or not to buy that is the question...might wait it out a while and see how people fair after a few months use. It's great to see this calibre of device sold in stores at this price. It's amazing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Can you get them phones in vodafone outlets at that price, or it is online only?

As someone mentioned about IMEI numbers which can't be unlocked, if you picked up in store, you can check IMEI before purchasing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

CiniO wrote: »
    Can you get them phones in vodafone outlets at that price, or it is online only?

As someone mentioned about IMEI numbers which can't be unlocked, if you picked up in store, you can check IMEI before purchasing.
    Yeah they are 169.99 in store also. No issue with unlocking these phones. All these will start with 358

Can confirm same price in store as online. I picked mine up in store in Blanchardstown on Friday. Stock had only just arrived according to the staff member I dealt with.

IMEI# starts 358, so should be the same for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭otterj

Was told by vodafone staff it was the same spec as iphone 6, is this true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭wilser

otterj wrote: »
    Was told by vodafone staff it was the same spec as iphone 6, is this true?

I think the s3 has the same spec as the iphone6, but that's 3 years old now.
    The Vodafone staff member lied to you it sh1ts all over the iphone 6 specs wise, but android needs a bit more power than ios.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,138 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This looks decent, I reckon I'll pick one up on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got mine this morning, Holy sh!t it's a lot lot better than I expected. Super quick, great screen. HAve it charging up now and installing all my apps.

Did someone mention here or the VF community forum about freezing while cahnging a filter on snapchat? Mine has done the same it just restarts the app! Everything else fine though.

I'll post my thoughts on the upcoming days but so far super value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was in my local Vodafone Store at lunch and there was no sign of the phone. Didn't ask staff as I didn't have time but I'm wondering if they are only in certain stores.

Might give then a ring later on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Bought one of these for my nephew but couldn't get Snapchat working on it so selling it at a reduced price. If anyone wants it. Ad is pending on boards. Or pm me

Bought one of these for my nephew but couldn't get Snapchat working on it so selling it at a reduced price. If anyone wants it. Ad is pending on boards. Or pm me

No issues with Snapchat for me. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

fdevine wrote: »
    No issues with Snapchat for me. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?

It's working fine but its only when you try to apply a filter after taking a photo.

I'll try un and reinstalling

But sure it isn't a deal breaker if it doesn't work I don't care :P

EDIT: Same story when reinstalled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

I've reported the bug and even posted on Vodafone site but no joy. Its a deal breaker for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

I've reported the bug and even posted on Vodafone site but no joy. Its a deal breaker for him.

Think its more for the developer to look at than Vodafone. Seems snapchat have that issuebon various phones if google is to be believed.

Yeah it's the app itself.

Any idea how long it takes to transfer number over to the nano sim? They included the sim with it so I presume I ring up and ask them to swap my number onto it and it would be done in a few hours?

Here's a cheap cover I picked up: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-Soft-S-Line-Wave-TPU-Gel-Cover-Case-Skin-for-ZTE-Blade-S6-S6/32321147839.html

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

I picked one up today and I'm delighted with the performance but its also a really beautiful piece of kit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Ordered a oneplus one but thinking I will cancel. One paper doesn't look like there is a huge difference it being twice the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

wingnut wrote: »
    Ordered a oneplus one but thinking I will cancel. One paper doesn't look like there is a huge difference it being twice the price.

I have a oneplus one and was thinking they are similar except for the price, seems like a great bargain and a backup from Vodafone stores if it goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

On the look out for a decent well priced smartphone for the wife for a while now. I picked one of these up this evening in Vodafone donaghmede. Ordered unlock code had it within 30 minutes.

I cut her micro sim down to nano sim size. Put in unlock code and that was it. Set it up for her. Transfered sms and call log. Google account handles contacts. Phone is fantastic. Its fast and responsive. Camera is sharp. I have a galaxy S5 and i am very impressed with the ultra 6.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

rizzee wrote: »
    Anywhere to get screen protectors or covers/cases online or in store? I just bought one online yesterday so should have it tomorrow... I'm Vodafone so I'll be using it straight out of the box but I always take care of my phones and have to put a case or something on straight away!!

^^^ This. Anyone got any suggestions?

^^^ This. Anyone got any suggestions?

I got sorted. Someone said the ''ZTE Blade S6 Plus'' is the same model in China. So i got my screen protectors on ebay and 2 rubber covers on ali express.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-X-Soft-TPU-Gel-S-line-Skin-Cover-Case-For-ZTE-Blade-S6-Lux-S6/32332180128.html

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/6x-Savvies-SU75-screen-protector-ultraclear-for-ZTE-Blade-S6-Plus-/351426934320?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51d2ad7630

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,708 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

rizzee wrote: »
    Someone said the ''ZTE Blade S6 Plus'' is the same model in China.

they don't appear to be exactly the same - the Smart Ultra has a higher res screen for one: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7168&idPhone2=7313

Advertisement