Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Quick question. Have ordered using standard delivery and it says that my order has been completed. Does this mean it has arrived at PM or has it just been received by royal mail? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

you can log into your pm account and check if there is anything there for you. Bear in mind that it might take a while to get to pm warehouse in dublin. You can probably expect it on Monday or Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

daytob wrote: »
    you can log into your pm account and check if there is anything there for you. Bear in mind that it might take a while to get to pm warehouse in dublin. You can probably expect it on Monday or Tuesday

Thanks have checked and no joy. Had ordered one with express delivery before and as far as I can remember the completed status meant it had been delivered to parcel motel. Was just wondering if the same applied to royal mail

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Hi guys having a tiny problem. When I go to download an app off the app story I'm getting a message saying can't be downloaded due to an error (941). But if I go to download it again it will. It happens the first time I try to download any app but second time I can download no problem

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hi guys having a tiny problem. When I go to download an app off the app story I'm getting a message saying can't be downloaded due to an error (941). But if I go to download it again it will. It happens the first time I try to download any app but second time I can download no problem

I get the same thing but I wouldn't let it bother me, just press it twice! :)

I'm on 25R, what version CM are you on? They might well have fixed it in the recent updates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

I'm on 33R, still have the same thing. No problem really, just press twice like you say.

Blade wrote: »
    I get the same thing but I wouldn't let it bother me, just press it twice! :)

I'm on 25R, what version CM are you on? They might well have fixed it in the recent updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fadhilhadi

anyone have screen protector for oneplus one? I need one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

fadhilhadi wrote: »
    anyone have screen protector for oneplus one? I need one

Get tempered glass off Amazon. I got the casebase one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 fadhilhadi

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Get tempered glass off Amazon. I got the casebase one.

Ok I will into it. But I try to find the one in Dublin first. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

In advance of getting my OPO I have a few questions:-

1. What networks will the OPO 4G work on here in Ireland? I'm currently with Vodafone but read in the TechRadar review that the OPO's 4G comparability is limited to a small number of frequencies and isn't compatible with Vodafone in the UK.

2. What is the best firmware version to stick with? I guess a brand new phone hot of the production line will have the latest FW but if it doesn't should I automatically upgrade to the latest? I read that one of the latest FW's had some battery drain issues.

3. Should I root the OPO and if so what's the best/easiest method to use? I saw a link to a rooting procedure earlier in the thread but I understand that only worked for early versions of the FW.

4. Is there anything else I should do straight away or be prepared for?

Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

It's a short answer but
    1. Only Meteor and Three 4G are supported at the moment. Vodafone does have a LTE Band 3 allocation but it it isn't in use yet.
    2. My OPO came with f/w version 22 an updated to 25, then 30O and then later to 33R over the course of the day.
    3.Phone is not rooted when it arrives. Root process for 33R is described here http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/help/trying-to-root-33r-to-avail-t2858083 or here https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/ Basically, root as soon as you get it, as rooting 33R is slightly more involved.
    4. Can't help you there as I'm only learning myself... Don't judge the battery too quickly as it conditions over a couple of days/charges
    Enjoy it!

4g works on three.

4g works on three.

Apologies. I did mean to say Three. Meteor & Three. O2 and Vodafone are unsupported at present

Obskure wrote: »
    Apologies. I did mean to say Three. Meteor & Three. O2 and Vodafone are unsupported at present

What about eMobile? My understanding is they are an MVNO of Meteor and have 4G so will the OPO work on eMobile also? I' quite tmepted by their €35 a month Select Unlimited package which basically gives you all you can eat calls, texts (declining rapidly) and data, including 4G.

eMobile use the same network as parent Meteor. I'm unfamiliar with their offerings though!

So, I ordered my 64GB OPO last Friday and it's still showing on the UK website as "processing" which I assume means I'm in a queue of people waiting to have their phone shipped to them? If it's not shipped tomorrow I won't have a new toy to play with at the weekend as it has to route via PM in Newry and that would make me very sad :o

How long did it take you guys to go from "processing" to "shipped"?

it took a week from ordering for me to receive it. Lots of people have received them before the order status has changed to shipped.

Also there is another update coming in the next week or so.

Also there is another update coming in the next week or so.

Another FW update? Is it to address the battery drain issue I read about earlier in the thread?

Obskure wrote: »
    Phone is not rooted when it arrives. Root process for 33R is described here http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/help/trying-to-root-33r-to-avail-t2858083 or here https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/ Basically, root as soon as you get it, as rooting 33R is slightly more involved.
    Thanks Obskure, appreciate the tip and links.

Two questions if I may:-

1. You say "root as soon as you get it, as rooting 33R is slightly more involved" but you also say that the root process for 33R is described in the two links you provide. If I'm on an earlier FW version will the process in the 2nd link https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/ do the trick?

2. Should this process be followed before setting up the phone for the first time or should go ahead and do the normal set up and then root etc? I know that would result in some setup duplication but I read on the XDA thread that "The bootloader has to be locked out of the box, I believe its one of the criterias needed to be fulfilled in order to be approved for Google Apps (Play Store,etc)" so if you unlock your bootloader before doing an initial setup you end up with Google Play Store problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

BenThere wrote: »
    So, I ordered my 64GB OPO last Friday and it's still showing on the UK website as "processing" which I assume means I'm in a queue of people waiting to have their phone shipped to them? If it's not shipped tomorrow I won't have a new toy to play with at the weekend as it has to route via PM in Newry and that would make me very sad :o

How long did it take you guys to go from "processing" to "shipped"?

Im waiting on the same shipment as i ordered friday too, order is back at processing.
    Would love the shiny toy for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

I have the same issue on a Nexus 5 so don't think it's phone related. Probably a Play Store problem

In order to preempt buyers remorse can someone with good graphics skills prepare a comparison matrix for the OPO vs the large screen IP6 due to be announced around now? It would be great to see in black and white that the OPO beats the IP6 in terms of

Processor
    RAM
    Storage
    Battery
    Screen Resolution

Three out of five would be a win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

All three of these phones have a 5.5" screen. The LG G3 clearly has the best screen to phone size ratio, with our OnePlus we're just pushing into the phablet territory, but look at the size of the iP6 Plus and the size of those borders, you could probably fit a 7" screen into those dimensions!

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Apple-iPhone-6-Plus,OnePlus-One,LG-G3/phones/8908,8603,8347

I can just see it now when I have my phone on the table in the pub, because of the size of it people will probably ask "Is that the new iPhone?"... "F**k off this is a real phone!" Grrr.

daytob wrote: »

Cheers!! Still more than happy with the OPO specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Was a big apple fan about 3-4 years ago.
    Totally blinkered when it came to any other phone.
    Left after the 4s, got a samsung s3 and then the one plus.
    No regrets whatsoever after seeing the new phones announcement last night.

Love my one plus, so fast, does everything I want.
    Can never see myself going back to apple for phones..

on the other hand, I love my ipad and my iMac and wouldnt change them for anything else..

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

sham69 wrote: »
    Was a big apple fan about 3-4 years ago.
    Totally blinkered when it came to any other phone.
    Left after the 4s, got a samsung s3 and then the one plus.
    No regrets whatsoever after seeing the new phones announcement last night.

Love my one plus, so fast, does everything I want.
    Can never see myself going back to apple for phones..

on the other hand, I love my ipad and my iMac and wouldnt change them for anything else..

Ditto, as a designer I mostly use apple products, have a jailbroken ATV2 and it's one of my favourite gadgets to this day. The phones are amazing products, fantastic quality and easy to use for so many people, but the specs are awful, what broke it for me was the lightning port, I and so many others have had huge problems with it, when I use someone else's iphone now I shudder at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

My son got his junior cert results today. He is getting one of these. Can't wait to see his face when we give it to him. He earned it.

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    My son got his junior cert results today. He is getting one of these. Can't wait to see his face when we give it to him. He earned it.

Lucky boy. Congrats to him for earning it.

Advertisement