Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X Ray

Options
  • 18-04-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hurt my hand yesterday playing golf. Mistimed a **** and club hit ground pretty hard.

Back of my hand is very sore now, can't lift much weight without pain. Don't think anything is broken but if I decode to et an X-ray what is the best option?

I'm living in navan but would go to dublin. I would be hours waiting in casualty but to get an X-ray in swiftcare would be around 200 would it??

Thanks
    Ciaran

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hurt my hand yesterday playing golf. Mistimed a **** and club hit ground pretty hard.

Back of my hand is very sore now, can't lift much weight without pain. Don't think anything is broken but if I decode to et an X-ray what is the best option?

I'm living in navan but would go to dublin. I would be hours waiting in casualty but to get an X-ray in swiftcare would be around 200 would it??

Thanks
    Ciaran

swiftcare in swords is about 220 i went there last year for a similar issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Stheno wrote: »
    swiftcare in swords is about 220 i went there last year for a similar issue

Quick question

I'm in similar situation to you lads - think I have a fracture in my foot, need an x-ray, don't fancy getting a GP referral and waiting.

Just in relation to swiftcare in Swords - say they x-ray you and find a fracture, do they do anything about it, or are you on your own from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I fractured my wrist and went there three weeks ago.

They refer you to a hospital. Public or private. Whichever you have.

You'll get a half cast on.

You'll be in and out in 45 minutes.

You may be better off just going to A and E if it's not urgent.

Forgot to say you'll get a disk with the x-ray so you may skip the queue a little in the hospital. Unless they want to x-ray you again.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Go to your GP

1. He/She will do a clinical assessment.Hopefully you wont need Xray

2. If you do need Xray-Swiftcare etc offer discounts with GP referral

Advertisement