Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Atheism an Ice Cream?

• 26-05-2012 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭

You knew it was coming!:D Now Discuss.

Personally, I'd say so, and I'm proud to say I was once a Malted Ice (Tea) Cream. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Is ice cream an atheism?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Is ice cream an atheism?

Strictly speaking Ice Cream isn't alive (although some would dispute that!) but it would be an atheist because it doesn't believe in God. However whether or not it's an atheism is a little more perplexing and we have to get pensieve out on that one. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Does this mean that Agnosticism is Ice-Cream with Jelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

I would guess that religion is vanilla, whereas Atheism is every other flavour.

Right so Vanilla is religion, therefore atheism is chocolate. We can also say from this theory that agnosticism is neapolitan. It takes into account religion (vanilla) and atheism (chocolate) while having its own spin on things (strawberry)

WTF am I even doing?

• Advertisement

I would guess that religion is vanilla, whereas Atheism is every other flavour.

Most codies would disagree. Atheism is reality vanilla, every flavour and modification that was made after is religion.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It depends on the type of ice cream I suppose.

Don't forget that Neapolitan ice-cream can be claimed by the Catholics (the father, the son, and the other fella).

Hmmmmm, Neapolitan ice-cream.
    I'd convert:

300px-Neapolitan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Jernal wrote: »
    Most codies would disagree. Atheism is reality vanilla, ever flavour and modification that was made after is religion.:)

Yay a schism!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Lads! I was only messin'!

This could get out of hand....

Also I refuse to engage further in this thread until the title is rephrased as a question not some strange statement. It confuses and alarms me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Don't know.
    Maybe I'm Super Split!!! :p

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Also I refuse to engage further in this thread until the title is rephrased as a question not some strange statement. It confuses and alarms me.
    And its not nice to confuse and alarm people.

endacl wrote: »
    Lads! I was only messin'!

This could get out of hand....

You DARE mock ATHEISM or ICE CREAM!!?

Stargate-SG1-Ba'al.jpg

Yes, typical atheist method of confusing the proletariat.
    A lot of people may think that Atheism is an ice-cream and hence a good thing, since it's phrased as a statement.

For thee, I shall make this one and only concession. The title amended now it be.

And its not nice to confuse and spent people.

Damn you! I honestly said "what the hell" and then the eureka/embarrassed moment hit. Edit - Ye ninja editor! It was better in it's original because it confused me! I though that was the clever prank

You see, when you were a child you only had a little cone, and it was easy to fill. Now, as an adult with a much bigger cone, your faith in ice cream needs frequent topping up with chopped hazlenuts and banana.

Feck. I got it wrong. Atheism is a lack of ice cream.

Sorry for any confusion.

Jernal wrote: »
    Most codies would disagree. Atheism is reality vanilla, every flavour and modification that was made after is religion.:)

I was thinking that vanilla represented blinkered tunnel vision religion, whereas Atheism opened the mind to reality (all the other flavours).

Maybe it's the Black Bush I'm drinkin, I dunno. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's probably just as well that Dades actually goes to bed sometimes.

Teehee. When the cat's away the mice will open frivolous parody threads.:pac:

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Atheism is like like starwberry, stawbery is for fags!

Really? 2 times? In the same post? Spelt wrong in different ways? What is with you people tonight?

• Advertisement

Indeed

Kiss-strawberry-cigarettes.jpg

And its not nice to confuse and spent people.

Damn you! I honestly said "what the hell" and then the eureka/embarrassed moment hit. Edit - Ye ninja editor! It was better in it's original because it confused me! I though that was the clever prank
    Damn me?!? Damn smartphone autocorrect!

What's a starwberry, or a stawbery for that matter? You spelled Atheism correctly though. :D

Gbear wrote: »

Ssssshhhhhhhh!

You should have stayed quiet. It was like one of those witty highbrow jokes "It's not nice to confuse people or purple monkey dishwasher a giraffe"

There's a parody thread? Where?

Hang on are you mocking my original post. I assure you I put a lot of thought and consideration into that post. I'm offended by your remarks that it was frivolous question. :(

You should have stayed quiet. It was like one of those witty highbrow jokes "It's not nice to confuse people or purple monkey dishwasher a giraffe"
    Bugger. Next time...

Get back on topic or the thread will be closed.

Yes, Atheism is like a box of chocolates.

• Advertisement

Kivaro wrote: »

Get back on topic or the thread will be closed.

Yes, Atheism is like a box of chocolates.
    Suitably chastened, and head hanging in shame....

Advertisement