Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Topshop Euro prices... What a rip off!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm just going to throw my hands up here.

For my sins, I used to work in Topman / Topshop for a considerable length of time.

Yes the price disparity is shocking, and baseless.

But, for fcuks sake whatever you do, please DO NOT complain to the staff about it. How can I as an employee working 8 hours a week earning shít money be in any sort of position to be able to alter the prices of a global store? I got so fed up with people that I ended up saying blankly "what do you want me to do about it?". There's only so many times you can apologise and take shít for something that (a) you never caused, (b) you understand is wrong and (c) can do nothing about.

Write to head office if you're aggrieved. Don't even say it to the floor staff, chances are they're far more aware of it and affected by it than you ever will be.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

aristocat wrote: »
    Philip Green is CEO of Arcadia which owns Topshop (Arcadia is owned by his wife who lives in Monaco). You might be interested in knowing his views of the Irish. The following is a quote attributed to Mr Green about the Guardian's Financial Editor Paul Murphy who is Irish: "He can't read English. Mind you, he is a ****ing Irishman". He later apologised to the Irish people as customers threatened to boycott his stores. Last time I was in Topshop it was quite empty, and it was a Saturday afternoon. Something is keeping the shoppers away. Prices are disgraceful.

I used to really like topshop (even if it is pricey) but finding this out is just, wow, I don't know what to say.

anyway, their hipster line of religious iconagraphy as cheap fashion jewlery is super tacky.

Advertisement