Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Eviledna wrote: »
    You need to fashion a pokeage device. Got any chopsticks?:)
    I used the puppy-dog eyes. Worked. yum!
    On the chopsticks?!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Bawled my eyes out in with the gp today, chist life is tough sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Julybreeze wrote: »

Everything ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

A serious cry can really help sometimes, I did that Sunday night.
    Hope everything's okay.

Just opened the door to a giant bunch of flowers being delivered from my lovely boyfriend :) The local florist must love me (or more my friends and family), they've delivered 4 bouquets to me since November!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I've never had flowers delivered but I suppose since I'm in the bussiness people don't think I'd want them or something.

Just having wensleydale cheese with pickled onions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Don't know what happened there, I tried to rephrase my first post to make it less grim but made a bit of a mess of it.

I have this post viral fatigue/migraine/mysterious neurological symptoms going on for almost a year now and it just gets on top of me sometimes. Having a bit of a relapse at the minute, the only cure is rest which get boring after a couple of hours never mind weeks :/

Don't know what happened there, I tried to rephrase my first post to make it less grim but made a bit of a mess of it.

I have this post viral fatigue/migraine/mysterious neurological symptoms going on for almost a year now and it just gets on top of me sometimes. Having a bit of a relapse at the minute, the only cure is rest which get boring after a couple of hours never mind weeks :/

There's nothing worse than being told to rest when you're used to being active. I had to stay off work last year for a week after fracturing my wrist and it was the longest week EVER. I feel for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Happy Birthday Acoshla! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I've been roped into making a chocolate biscuit cake for a colleagues birthday tomorrow.

Will be a fun tasks trying to get me not to try a piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

oh where to start:mad:

the whole house is down today.my wife is very upset:(.our very much loved british bulldog tiny is very sick.
    the last few days her back leg she wasent able to stand on it ,so today we took her to the vet.

it turns out very high temperture she has been put on a drip and needs to stay in for a few more days but the worst news is they think she has cancer in her leg :mad: they will have a answer for me tommorrow but told us she is not well and to expect the worse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i am home to my wonderful happy doggys and i bought my favouritest cake and i am happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I had side effects from antibiotics/kidney infection/stress for a year, still have some of the side effects now two years later, I hate when it gets on top of you like that, you feel so defeated and stuck in a never ending rut. Hugs x

Flowers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Would it be worth getting a 2nd opinion or are you happy enough with the diagnous?

I did that once years ago when I was in the doctor's for foot pain the turned out to be arthritis. Had not slept well for a few days and was in a lot of pain. The doctor just said hello to me and I turned into a sobbing mess. I knew her through work so she actually laughed at me, once she gave the painkillers I could laugh at it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

First time loading Skyrim on new PC, detecting video card, video settings have been set for ULTRA HIGH QUALITY!!!!

I'm giddy as hell right now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've been roped into making a chocolate biscuit cake for a colleagues birthday tomorrow.

Will be a fun tasks trying to get me not to try a piece.

Just pinch a bit of the mix and stick it in a muffin tin for yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Back is KILLING me today! Pain killers are not working, all I can do is sit here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

jay phelan wrote: »
    Back is KILLING me today! Pain killers are not working, all I can do is sit here. :(

Same. My back has actually been really sore on and off for the last few weeks. :(

How about we say that's why I still haven't started any college work today?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

So I am away and am staying in a hostel at the min, some of the people in the hostel have been keeping a cat, I amnt a fan of cats but they have been keeping him downstairs so I have kept out of it
    Yesterday I was on the loo and the cat came darting under the door, stared at me and ran away, I thought that was a bit mad, then this morning the fecking thing was shoved under my shower door, while I was in the shower, it got water on it and went beserk, not fun
    I think the are pushing the poor cat into places and thats not fair, I dont even like cats but thats not on............
    I think I am going to speak to the hostel manager in the morning, any time I talk to anyone here they all pass it on oh no that's Sarah's cat, or Jane's cat or whoever, I dont want to be involved but I dont want the cat being treated like that, people are strange

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Novella wrote: »
    How about we say that's why I still haven't started any college work today?!

Would love to use it as an excuse but I wouldn't get away with it :D At least it's given me a good excuse to sit here and post on Boards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

careymary wrote: »
    So I am away and am staying in a hostel at the min, some of the people in the hostel have been keeping a cat, I amnt a fan of cats but they have been keeping him downstairs so I have kept out of it
    Yesterday I was on the loo and the cat came darting under the door, stared at me and ran away, I thought that was a bit mad, then this morning the fecking thing was shoved under my shower door, while I was in the shower, it got water on it and went beserk, not fun
    I think the are pushing the poor cat into places and thats not fair, I dont even like cats but thats not on............
    I think I am going to speak to the hostel manager in the morning, any time I talk to anyone here they all pass it on oh no that's Sarah's cat, or Jane's cat or whoever, I dont want to be involved but I dont want the cat being treated like that, people are strange

WTF? Morons :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Dolorous wrote: »
    WTF? Morons :mad:

I know, its so horrible, why would anyone do that?? There is no possible payout for them from it,

careymary wrote: »
    I know, its so horrible, why would anyone do that?? There is no possible payout for them from it,

I’m not a fan of cats either but that is just mean! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

My mobile phone operator, soon to be former mobile phone operator, has the WORST customer service ever. Tried to get a coverage problem sorted, took them a week to reply to an email, which was just asking what the problem was, despite the email I sent them explaining it. So I wasn't waiting another two weeks for another email.

So feck it, I'll go to an operator who wants my money. But of course, to change I have to go through my original operator. 3 gos on their stupid automated service line, I get a real person. She tells me sure, sure, two days, we'll send you on the code you need. 4Days later, nada. I've no phone for a week now, no response from operator, work trying to call me. Not even going to try the stupid automated service again.

JUST LET ME MOVE NETWORK AND GET ON WITH MY LIFE. It's like having a clingy ex boyfriend.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Came home from work at lunchtime with a migraine. Just spent 3 hours in bed asleep. God.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Came home from work at lunchtime with a migraine. Just spent 3 hours in bed asleep. God.
    Did the nap work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Happy Birthday, Acoshla!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

3433139858_336788bb60.jpg

Happy Birthday Acoshla! - See? A Cat and Dog cake! Cos I love all three :)

Todays a nice day, got to spend time with the OH's Gran who I love and haven't seen in a while, we had a lovely chat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Eviledna wrote: »
    http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3573/3433139858_336788bb60.jpg

Happy Birthday Acoshla! - See? A Cat and Dog cake! Cos I love all three :)

Todays a nice day, got to spend time with the OH's Gran who I love and haven't seen in a while, we had a lovely chat :D
    I want that cake!!! :D

I actually feel sick with hunger. I was about to get some soup when some family members arrived in unexpectedly :(

I made the soup and couldn't eat it, it was vile.

Gonna have a cuppa soup now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I am going to lose my mind at work. I got materials documented and signed off in November. I have been working on everything based on that documentation. We go to print in 3 days and NOW they are changing things.

They have been too busy to attend all of our discussion meetings, do not respond to emails and now expect me to change everything. They can bite me :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »
    Did the nap work?

Not completely. I get ocular migraines a lot but it's rare that I get the headache.

Cooking dinner now but don't know if I can eat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement