Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Sails [Starz - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Flint swings both ways. Happens now, it happened then. Ever heard the saying "any port in a storm" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭conorhal

Flint swings both ways. Happens now, it happened then. Ever heard the saying "any port in a storm" ?

They certiantly have on flint's ship, the poor dairy goat!

Still, if that's the case then the impact of the latest revelations is somewhat muted and smacks of lazy sensationalism rather then a really clever bait and switch by the writers..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,749 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

have we seen Ashe before not in England?

surely breaking Thomas out of prison/hospital would be easier then taking over the Island

another ep where nobody is going to do what they said they'd do

but hey go captain jack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

so all we got were two weeks of only slightly attacking the fort. We can safely assume there will be no new attack next week as the challenge to flints leadership will fail. I'm a bit disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Holy crap, double crossing everywhere. The scene between Vane and Eleanor was stunningly intense.

Billy, well played. Didn't just catch Dufresne out, you caught me out too!

Silver, well can't say that surprised me too much.

So who has Richard run into at the end? I think he's about to double cross Eleanor....

Not sure if I get why Billy Bones why told them of the reward for Flints capture if he was not to support going down the route himself.

Very interested in where Silver's plan is going. Still quite a number of episodes left.

was that the English?

getting fed up with yer one, she a pyscho, she killed one of your girls, get rid of her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Vane is one smart son of a bitch.Best character in the show and he was only in the episode for 10 seconds.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying how the plots are so unpredictable. I get the man of war is pretty powerful but I think that the other pirate ships could take it on if it ever returned under Vane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A ship with that many guns of such large calibre would be nearly impossible for a band of pirates to sink. Historically, not many pirates ever messed with a Man O'War. They were just too well armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So did Vane and his men swim there?

I presume they travelled there in ned lows ship.

Jesus this Season has just being epic.Easily my top show im watching at the moment and i'm watching Better Call Saul.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The worst part of that episode was the end when they reminded us that next week is the series finale, this series has been brilliant.

Great episode. Shaping up to be some Finale next week!

Just watched that. So all the boys have agreed finally that this "civilization" nonsense isn't worth a damn and we'll go burn stuff down.
    The face on Vane with a knife to his throat as the "declaration" was read out to the Man O' War was classic lad at the back of the class getting a bright idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

This show has really turned a corner. When it was first announced i thought "meh looks like Spartacus but with Pirates" and after the 1st season while i enjoyed it felt like it was missing something.

This season on the other hand had been immense. Probably has the best intro on TV as well.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    This season on the other hand had been immense. Probably has the best intro on TV as well.

Yes...the intro announces itself - here be death and them that deal in it.

• Advertisement

That attack on Charlestown was something else. They didn't hold back and it felt cathartic for the viewer. Yeah sure innocents were taken down too but Flint just witnessed most of them desecrate Miranda's body.

Vane: "What do you suggest?"
    Flint: "That we remind them that they were right to be afraid."

I think ye did! Flint leaving Ashe to die slowly so he could watch the destruction of Charlestown was brilliant.

We knew Silver was going to lose his leg sooner or later so I think that scene fitted well. I get why he told Flint about the gold. Some self preservation (he's tied to the crew now more than ever) but also they believe in him and respect him. I think he's finally showing some loyalty! Obviously Max still knows but I'd imagine Silver will wangle his way around that sticky situation!

I'm sure there will be some flash backs next season to Jack and Anne and how they took the Gold.

Great finale all in all!

"Would you like to see something shiny ?"

Hope Rackham enjoys himself for now. Flint and Vane will be having words about some upstart and his private enterprise while they were off conducting "politics".

Great Finale. With that man of war I guess Vane and flint still hold some of the cards but they don't immediately have to be in conflict with Max as she now controls the trade in Nassau. I guess no one much cared that Eleanor was gone!

Now thats a season finale.I could only imagine what this show could pull off it it the same budget as Game of Thrones.That whole Charlestown scene with Vane and Flint escaping was superb.Sad know that we have to wait another whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 84,739 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is shown on History Channel over here Tuesday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Trailer for season 3 is out

Good. Vane popped up in Law And Oder SVU the other day. Playing a misunderstood violinist. Reincarnation is a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Looks like they have doubled the budget this season, the battle scenes look Master and Commander epic.

Counting the days till the new season starts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't bloody wait!

Advertisement