Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon [US]

• 20-02-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else been watching?
    I've always liked Fallon - just seems like a genuinely sound lad.
    Think his opening week has been great so far. I'm really enjoying it.
    His dance bit with Will Smith on Monday night was brilliant. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Has anyone else been watching?
    I've always liked Fallon - just seems like a genuinely sound lad.
    Think his opening week has been great so far. I'm really enjoying it.
    His dance bit with Will Smith on Monday night was brilliant. :D

did will smith half ass that on purpose? or did he not rehearse, the histoy of hip hop with JT was much sharper

can't stand fallon's fawning fan boi interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

I hope what happened Jimmy Kimmel doesn't happen to Fallon. Kimmel's show got really tame once he moved to the earlier slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

It's going to be broadcast nightly on CNBC from Monday - it was off during the Olympic period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭thesultan

What channel is it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Great end to his first week with another History of Rap with Timberlake. Always great TV when Fallon and Timberlake are together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Thought Fallon's Rap History with JT was very well done, really secures Timberlake's position of being one of the most down to earth and highly likeable celebrities.

Ya JT comes off as a very down to earth person alright. Think there is a group of celebrities like JT, Michael Buble and Beckham that just have a normal quality to them as opposed to the fake celebrity face that so many have.

As a united fan I've always loved Becks so enjoyed the egg roulette bit a while back!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fallon is very likeable and funny plus love his history of rap with JT

RichFTW wrote: »
    Ya JT comes off as a very down to earth person alright. Think there is a group of celebrities like JT, Michael Buble and Beckham that just have a normal quality to them as opposed to the fake celebrity face that so many have.

As a united fan I've always loved Becks so enjoyed the egg roulette bit a while back!

that likeable quality that has him call out if he feels the raw or hard egg before he smashes it on his head, partly lessening the surprise and enjoyment of the bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I love the games of charades he plays with the guests. That's a lot of fun!

• Advertisement

that likeable quality that has him call out if he feels the raw or hard egg before he smashes it on his head, partly lessening the surprise and enjoyment of the bit

You can't put the egg back once it has been touched so saying anything has no impact on the game. Also in previous egg roulettes, Jimmy asks the guests what they think they have and guesses what he has himself before smashing the eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

did will smith half ass that on purpose? or did he not rehearse, the histoy of hip hop with JT was much sharper

can't stand fallon's fawning fan boi interviews

I have the reminder just to see who's on, but i have seen some terrible interviews where he turns into fake Fallon with that fawning & he's competitive & sulks if he's not winning, as when i saw him first afaik when JLaw came on before the Hunger Games came out, it was bad!
    thesultan wrote: »
    What channel is it on?

CNBC - Channel 505 (up beside Skynews) 11pm weeknites,

Mon nite - JT, Tues nite - Reese Witherspoon,
    i think they're a day behind US as i'd heard that 'The Boss' was on a while back & tuned in that nite to see if he was on, as Fallon was in full Bruce gear with bandana trying to sing about Chris Christie & the traffic jam & then Bruce came out himself in the same gear, it was very funny to watch, glad i saw it.

First Lip sync battle on the tonight show, too bad it was cut short.

And here are the first 2 lip sync battles

Jon Krazinski (Can't find video on youtube)
    http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/183714/Late-Night-Lip-Sync-Off-with-John-Krasinski/

Steven Merchant & Joseph Gordon Levitt

bringing out his bes bits for his first few weeks, Jon Krazinski is by far the best

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I have a lot of time for Fallon and think he'll do very well with the new slot.

Paul Rudd lip syncing Tina Turner was gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The Tonight Show is much better with Fallon at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

lertsnim wrote: »
    The Tonight Show is much better with Fallon at the helm.

Wouldn't be hard to follow up Leno as he lost a lot of respect for the stunt himself and NBC pulled with Conan there a few years back. It had me avoiding Leno's broadcasts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That's true

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is it edited for CNBC? I watched the one with Paul Rudd and the lip sync bit wasn't in it. The catchphrase bit with Reece Witherspoon was missing too from her episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I'm really liking the new Tonight Show. I think Johnny Carson would be proud. Always liked Jimmy Fallon on Late Night and knew he's fit in well at the 11:30 timeslot. Seth Meyers isn't doing too bad on Jimmy's old slot either. It seems NBC finally made a good call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I really enjoy the videos on Youtube especially the ones with JT. The two come across really genuine and just two friends having the banter really. I didn't realise CNBC was on Sky (normally only go through the first 3-4 pages in the sky planner) I'll set the box to record it in future so. Delighted, other than that I have to watch it on Project Free TV... Really enjoy the show, just general chat and banter really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Jimmy's back on after an enforced break: he had to undergo micro surgery after nearly ripping his ring finger off in a fall, and is fortunate to still have it attached. His explanation is not for the squeamish:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

bnt wrote: »
    Jimmy's back on after an enforced break: he had to undergo micro surgery after nearly ripping his ring finger off in a fall, and is fortunate to still have it attached. His explanation is not for the squeamish:

The rumors are rife that his alcohol habit is out of control and he's a carcrash. Hope it's bollox as he's a very funny guy

E UK now showing this starting 1st of November at 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Have MSNBC stopped showing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I remember reading a showbiz column in a daily paper about a month ago, talking about Corden coming to sky, & now NBC's Fallon exclusively coming to E!
    on Nov 15

What's the point in E! showing it?
    it's already showing on MSNBC @11pm each night!

Exclusive, my arse:):rolleyes:
    Have MSNBC stopped showing it?

Nah, he's still on, but i don't know for how long?

I only tune in to see who he has on, i liked the eps' where he had The Boss & U2 were good, but i heard he got the nickname 'Fawning Fallon' he's ok, but i see that from time to time with guests, a little too much!

Btw: I often hear him saying he's Irish?

Advertisement