Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Alt_Grrr wrote: »
    That's strange, because I definitely used the male toilets on that end and floor of Callan, but not recently.... Maybe they got rid of them??

Certainly the ones on the ground floor of the CS end are horrid and should never be used ever.

I don't know, the door where I was expecting them to be was unmarked and locked.

I agree about the CS toilets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know if the start this week or next week?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

They start next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

So I was back on campus today! The arts block loo's have been done up and theres a shower?!
    Madness...

I'd use it if I was in Maynooth overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

is that what its for ?? strange one. I wonder if most people who are in at 9 am lectures are all commuters? just a thought I know if I was living in maynooth id struggle to get in at 9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm struggling with final year already, can't hack getting back into the rhythm of things and i'm drowning with the amount of absolute shít

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Nice! Completely forgot it was on this weekend. Ashamedly never knew it existed until I went to Dublin Comic Con.

It's in that 'green bit' just opposite The Big Bang in Dundrum isn't it? Do you have to pay in? I googled :pac:

Feck, does that mean that The Counter will be packed? Love that place.

Also, red bull red schmull. Coffee is where I get my caffeine kick nowadays. Used to be on a can of monster a day before I turned in to a humming bird. Humming Bird Man...now there's a useless superhero. Almost like one of Invader Jim's alternate sidekicks.

Did you end up coming along?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

I'm struggling with final year already, can't hack getting back into the rhythm of things and i'm drowning with the amount of absolute shít
    I have the opposite problem, all it's been so far is labs rehashing things we already know. Utterly pointless. (I DO NOT need to be told what a meniscus is at this point - I learned that in 1st year of secondary school FFS!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thwip! wrote: »

:eek: Forgot all about this, was it good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Unfortunately, no. I've still a lot to learn when it comes to the ways of the graphic novel and feel a little intimidated being around those who would know them inside out.

I'd consider myself a 'fair weather reader'. I've read the likes of Punisher Max series, Preacher, Sin City, Jhonen Vasquez's stuff (JTHM / Squee), Alan Moore (Swamp Thing / V for Vendetta / Watchmen), The Invisibles, Sandman... so tend to steer clear of "super hero" comics because I don't know where to start! I tend to wait, hear of anything decent and pick up the TPB ( I did that with the Walking Dead Compendium 1).

Sweet merciful jebus...did I just type "Invader Jim" in my post earlier. Meant Earthworm Jim (first episode when he's shopping for sidekicks). I've Invader Zim on the brain!

*sings doom song.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Planemo wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem, all it's been so far is labs rehashing things we already know. Utterly pointless. (I DO NOT need to be told what a meniscus is at this point - I learned that in 1st year of secondary school FFS!)

4th year science doing research methodology? That was the biggest heap of poo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I know its a bit far off yet, but I'm trying to plan heading abroad the end of May this year and am wondering, how reliable a system is it to look at previous year's exam timetables to judge when I should be finished my exams?

If not, does anyone remember roughly when the details of exam timetables are released for each semester?

:pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I know its a bit far off yet, but I'm trying to plan heading abroad the end of May this year and am wondering, how reliable a system is it to look at previous year's exam timetables to judge when I should be finished my exams?

If not, does anyone remember roughly when the details of exam timetables are released for each semester?

:pac:

In my experience I don't think I've ever seen a pattern in terms of exam times. Exams start the 15th and it's normally a two period so you can expect them to be over by the beginning of June. Timetables would be out mid to end of April.

Unfortunately, no. I've still a lot to learn when it comes to the ways of the graphic novel and feel a little intimidated being around those who would know them inside out.

I'd consider myself a 'fair weather reader'. I've read the likes of Punisher Max series, Preacher, Sin City, Jhonen Vasquez's stuff (JTHM / Squee), Alan Moore (Swamp Thing / V for Vendetta / Watchmen), The Invisibles, Sandman... so tend to steer clear of "super hero" comics because I don't know where to start! I tend to wait, hear of anything decent and pick up the TPB ( I did that with the Walking Dead Compendium 1).

Sweet merciful jebus...did I just type "Invader Jim" in my post earlier. Meant Earthworm Jim (first episode when he's shopping for sidekicks). I've Invader Zim on the brain!

*sings doom song.

Never let that stop you, pop over to the store sometime and we'll get you some more books you'll like based off of what you've read

:eek: Forgot all about this, was it good.

Oh it was, best weekend ever (though I'm completely bolloxed from the workload)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

It's in that 'green bit' just opposite The Big Bang in Dundrum isn't it? Do you have to pay in? I googled :pac:

Do you know what else is across from that green bit in Dundrum? Only the best burger in the world! In that Mexican place Cortina's. Seriously, it's friggin' amazing! The bf won't eat any other burger now because he reckons everything else would just be a massive disappointment in comparison. Hmm, perhaps a quick trip to Dundrum this evening...

Do you know what else is across from that green bit in Dundrum? Only the best burger in the world! In that Mexican place Cortina's. Seriously, it's friggin' amazing! The bf won't eat any other burger now because he reckons everything else would just be a massive disappointment in comparison. Hmm, perhaps a quick trip to Dundrum this evening...

See, that's the thing...I went the opposite way! My wife and I used to gravitate towards Cortinas before we decided that it was too expensive for what you get and weren't impressed by the food on a few occasions.

My 'usual' burger is chicken with a goats cheese spread, olives, coleslaw, sweet potato fries...aaaaaaand I'm hungry again. AND their dill pickle with apricot sauce *stares forlornly at weights discarded in the corner of the room, then at expanding gut*

Back on topic (sort of), thanks Thwip! I'll be sure to pipe up and ask. I mean the only reason I got in to The Invisibles is because I looked like a rabbit in the headlights in Sub City and the guy there asked what I was in the mood for. Hope you recovered from the weekend!

See, that's the thing...I went the opposite way! My wife and I used to gravitate towards Cortinas before we decided that it was too expensive for what you get and weren't impressed by the food on a few occasions.

My 'usual' burger is chicken with a goats cheese spread, olives, coleslaw, sweet potato fries...aaaaaaand I'm hungry again. AND their dill pickle with apricot sauce *stares forlornly at weights discarded in the corner of the room, then at expanding gut*

Back on topic (sort of), thanks Thwip! I'll be sure to pipe up and ask. I mean the only reason I got in to The Invisibles is because I looked like a rabbit in the headlights in Sub City and the guy there asked what I was in the mood for. Hope you recovered from the weekend!

Personally I hit the Counter, rather than Cortina's for a burger when I'm on lunch.

Not a problem, we're always happy to help. Plus if you're looking for a cheap starting point to get into some new series then Image are your best options as the volume ones of their ongoing series are only €9.99. That means stuff like Saga (arguably best sci-fi comic of the last twenty years) Vol 1 is less than a tenner. Great policy by Image imo

Personally I hit the Counter, rather than Cortina's for a burger when I'm on lunch.

Great value too! Tenner for a burger and all the trimmings.
    Now a problem, we're always happy to help.

Doesn't sound like a problem!
    Plus if you're looking for a cheap starting point to get into some new series then Image are your best options as the volume ones of their ongoing series are only €9.99. That means stuff like Saga (arguably best sci-fi comic of the last twenty years) Vol 1 is less than a tenner. Great policy by Image imo

Thanks for the tip! My brother picked that up recently (volume 2 and 3 too), might borrow that off him when he's done.

I've Seconds and Rat Queens to go through first.

• Advertisement

Doesn't sound like a problem!

Damn typo
    Great value too! Tenner for a burger and all the trimmings.
    Or Beeftro's lunch menu, steak and a salad and chips for a tenner
    Thanks for the tip! My brother picked that up recently (volume 2 and 3 too), might borrow that off him when he's done.

I've Seconds and Rat Queens to go through first.

Excellent choice with Rat Queens, bad-ass book all around. Stuff like Sex Criminals, Nailbiter and Southern Bastards make for some very different reads as well so you could get to know the type of book you like too

A tenner for a burger?![/cheapskate]

It's a huge burger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Counter is excellent, don't get me wrong, there's a sauce that I can't remember the name of that they serve and it is all kinds of delicious. Is it a Chipotle Mayo or something? I dunno. Anyway, I do love Counter for burgers but seriously, try the spice burger, it's excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Counter is excellent, don't get me wrong, there's a sauce that I can't remember the name of that they serve and it is all kinds of delicious. Is it a Chipotle Mayo or something? I dunno. Anyway, I do love Counter for burgers but seriously, try the spice burger, it's excellent!

Counter burgers are fantastic, and combined with their garlic aioli Parmesan chips, it's a combination that can't be beaten, no matter how good any other burgers are.

Or Beeftro's lunch menu, steak and a salad and chips for a tenner

Yeah, they do really good steaks! Spoiled for choice along there really. Except for Nandos...and Jamie Olivers place. They can fupp off.
    Excellent choice with Rat Queens, bad-ass book all around. Stuff like Sex Criminals, Nailbiter and Southern Bastards make for some very different reads as well so you could get to know the type of book you like too

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll probably blow my cover now by popping in and grabbing those. :pac:

Well, for the regular size one. Just the burger though. I realised that the chips are extra. But works out to be 15e. Not too bad.
    It's a huge burger

*homer drools*

Yep, I get the same one. I'm starting to think I should be on their payroll for advertising!
    How so Joe wrote: »
    Counter burgers are fantastic, and combined with their garlic aioli Parmesan chips, it's a combination that can't be beaten, no matter how good any other burgers are.

I prefer sweet potato fries. But will defo try the garlic aioli parmesan ones.

I get the Honey Mustard with it, it's gorgeous.
    How so Joe wrote: »

Ooh or their sweet potato fries. When are you back in Ireland? WE MUST HAVE COUNTER!
    Yeah, they do really good steaks! Spoiled for choice along there really. Except for Nandos...and Jamie Olivers place. They can fupp off.
    Never been to Nando's and have only been in Jamie's once.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll probably blow my cover now by popping in and grabbing those. :pac:
    Not a problem, when you're in let me know. Name is JP btw
    I prefer sweet potato fries. But will defo try the garlic aioli parmesan ones.
    SWEET POTATAH FRIESH

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

MU has a Technology+ program, which I presume is about technology.

It's website is a Google Sites thing.

I do not miss Maynooth at times like this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Ooh or their sweet potato fries. When are you back in Ireland? WE MUST HAVE COUNTER!

I want in.

(Also, she was home and didn't tell us!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

She's a wanker like that alright.

Advertisement