Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV3 New Season 2009/2010

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭gerrydonnelly

From what I've read on here Irish TV is no better than what we get over here. If it's not repeats it's mindless crap.

However I remember watching a very funny comedy about 10 years ago or so, from UTV I think, called Give Me Head Some Peace set in the north and was about two families, one Catholic and one Protestant with the daughter of one family having a relationship with the son of the other. The characters were all basically exaggerations of Repubicans and Loyalists but very funny.

Does anyone know what happened to the programme? I think I only ever saw one series on BBC2. Did they make more? and get you get it on DVD?

I suppose it would be a bit dated now that Tony Blair, Martin, Gerry and Ian have brought peace to Ireland. I'm sure they could make a great comedy out of that scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Crotchety

That is a great show. I think they finished it a couple of years back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU_D6zT7r7Q

Thanks Crotchety, that's the show and I didn't know they had continued making it. The YouTube clip gave me a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Thanks Crotchety, that's the show and I didn't know they had continued making it. The YouTube clip gave me a laugh.

I never liked Give My Head Some Peace it was produce by BBC NI. They creators did do a cartoon call Up on the Hill or something soon after that, and more recently I saw them on a BBC NI Quizcomedy with Colin Murphy.

I've just been looking for the dvd on the BBC shop but it's not shown. But on Amazon a used dvd of the series is £1,500 and a new one is £1,900. To quote John McEnroe, "they cannot be serious". It's a TV series not an old master painting.

Does anyone know if the DVD is available in Ireland? It would be cheaper for me to nip over to Dublin and buy a copy.

• Advertisement

What celebrations will be or were shown on TV3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Elmo wrote: »
    Em, none ? It's not a real celebration is it ? :p

I think there was a bit of a gig anyways. RTE had a few minutes of it on their news. Can't see anything on the TV3 guide on their site.

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Em, none ? It's not a real celebration is it ? :p

I think there was a bit of a gig anyways. RTE had a few minutes of it on their news. Can't see anything on the TV3 guide on their site.

I was expecting something like St. Paddy's day parade on TV3 for this the way
    they went on about getting this lucrative contract with Guinness.

They seemed to have as much coverage as RTÉ perhaps expose will do something on Monday? Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Their entertainment tripe gossip show! had interviews with some of the b-list celebs that were there. I wouldn't say there'd be much to look at to be honest. Ronan Keating doing a Pat Kenny-style countdown and Tom Jones drinking a pint is hardly entertaining.

I think David Gray played a gig in Whelans though. Maybe some people would've liked to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Weren't TV3 going to import True Blood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Conor108 wrote: »
    Weren't TV3 going to import True Blood?

No, TG4 have bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Elmo wrote: »

2 hour special next saturday night on 3e seems to have highlights from the concerts.

iseegirls wrote: »
    2 hour special next saturday night on 3e seems to have highlights from the concerts.

Ah okay so. But I think they could have had something closer the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Monmeg

hi do you know when it's starting? It looks great.

Monmeg wrote: »
    hi do you know when it's starting? It looks great.

what?

Advertisement