Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Incorrect oxygen/lambda sensor?

Options
  • 09-03-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to source a replacement oxygen sensor for a 2007 Kia Sportage diesel. The original only has 2 wires, yet everywhere that sells sensors for this car are all 4 wire.

Does this mean my car has the wrong sensor fitted? It's located in the Cat/DPF unit. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

It appears the 2 wire connection is original and not a bodge job to make it fit. A few photos:

ev2anl.jpg

2ztg8ky.jpg

2nin0ja.jpg

22g9xc.jpg

5n85dj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

So apparently this is the DPF pressure sensor and I'm an idiot :D

Advertisement