Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorm/Convective Watch - Spring/Summer 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

200105.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

MikeD22 wrote: »
    Taken from north Kilkenny looking towards Carlow. Maybe the one that produced the thunder earlier?

Here's that cell making it's way south through Wexford.

200107.jpg

Some more:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Maybe we should link some from the weather pictures forum, or maybe dump the weather picture forum altogether.

I love pictures, I'm a photographer, good examples are great, and they do enhance the forum experience, but sometimes, too much of a good thing.

For me, I'd live without the weather pictures forum and would like a small sample and a link in 'live' feeds.

Why I mention anything, only because I feel the weather forum threads, despite recent overhaul, are all the same.

Now, IMHO, that's not necessarily a bad thing and I've enjoyed today's posts and pictures, and I so much wanted to post one, but the best was already up.

Anyway, no matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Darwin

Had a flight over France, England and then into Dublin for 5pm or so today. There were some almightly looking CBs around, but next to nothing over the English channel. Pilot says a 'few showers' in Dublin, I'm glad we didn't run in to that shower near Dollymount as pictured on this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

arrrgghhh totally missed all the action due to be indoors getting college work done. :mad::(

gbee wrote: »
    Maybe we should link some from the weather pictures forum, or maybe dump the weather picture forum altogether.

I love pictures, I'm a photographer, good examples are great, and they do enhance the forum experience, but sometimes, too much of a good thing.

For me, I'd live without the weather pictures forum and would like a small sample and a link in 'live' feeds.

Why I mention anything, only because I feel the weather forum threads, despite recent overhaul, are all the same.

Now, IMHO, that's not necessarily a bad thing and I've enjoyed today's posts and pictures, and I so much wanted to post one, but the best was already up.

Anyway, no matter.

Sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Tornando9

Kildare Convection and Sunset

978279D082BF495789BFA94849D95339-0000336016-0002813103-00800L-65D5C43FCC41448DBCF79F77EA7D6A23.jpg

B13A82D318284B8A8FFFBEE12ECA5BD2-0000336016-0002813101-00800L-7C00322AE30747DC9F50599BE58B230B.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

convmap_120412.jpg

More of the same tomorrow for the east coast hopefully.
    Some beautiful Cbs around UCD over the past few days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

More of the same tomorrow for the east coast hopefully.
    Some beautiful Cbs around UCD over the past few days.

Good! :)

Is was going to ask you experts about the chances tomorrow.

Camera being prepped......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

The roles have been reversed! The east and midlands are getting all the rain the last few days instead of the west. It should hopefully dampen the ground nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Might there have been a couple of flashes over my way just there? Half asleep so could well be wrong!

Seems to be a good few strikes in the UK already this morning.
    http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html
    I'm very jealous :(

showforecast.cgi?lightningmap=yes&fcstfile=2012041306_201204111700_0_stormforecast.xml

British Isles,Éire, northern France, Benelux, Germany

Within the deep polar air mass, diurnal heating will likely result in thunderstorms. The best synoptic forcing is expected across Germany at the cyclonically sheared flank of a mid-level jet streak. Weak vertical wind shear is expected and well-organized storms are not forecast. Marginally severe hail is not ruled out given the low wet-bulb zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Seems to be a good few strikes in the UK already this morning.
    http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html
    I'm very jealous :(

That site doesnt look right. There is hardly any cloud up in Louth at the moment and that site is showing lightning strikes here!

http://www.sat24/com/gb shows it too.

Looks like today is not gonna happen for the NE.

sirpsycho wrote: »
    That site doesnt look right. There is hardly any cloud up in Louth at the moment and that site is showing lightning strikes here!

IF YOU READ THE KEY YOULL REALISE THOSE ARE FROM YESTERDAY!! ha :rolleyes:

had a brief hail shower here in cork about a half a hour ago, no lightening or thunder:(

As Ian said, those are from yesterday. The most recent strikes are the red dots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

No, Gerry Murphy said on the forecast last night that the showers will be in Connaught and Munster and the radar shows nothing happening east of the Shannon so a good call by ME.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg

loads of strikes on the south of england

THAT INTENSE SHOWER OVER CORK YESTERDAY!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silyld/6922104342/

WHat a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Iancar29 wrote: »
    THAT INTENSE SHOWER OVER CORK YESTERDAY!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silyld/6922104342/

WHat a shot!

That's a stunning capture!

wow. knew i should have gone down to cobh instead of studying.

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    That's a stunning capture!

Thats the one i was going mad to about yesterday! ha :rolleyes:

Sunbabe... tut tut!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Iancar29 wrote: »
    WHat a shot!

Gives me an excuse;
    200211.jpg
    200212.jpg

Coming back from Midleton and I said that would hit Cobh.

some nice showers coming our way :D and there's decent ones over youghal as well. bah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

A few claps of Thunder here in the last 20 mins. Looking very dark. Lightning strikes have been detected to our North.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Yeah we had a clap of thunder here in north Kilkenny, along with hail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement