Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Are Garda vehicles exempt from DOE and NCT tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

kub wrote: »
    Are Garda vehicles exempt from DOE and NCT tests?

Yeah however they have to display a tax disc which is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

carzony wrote: »
    I've seen 2011 Transits with rust around the doors and particularly around the shocks which is why most are scrapped. They are well known for it since the 90's at least.

it's a wonder the Mondeo doesnt suffer the same problem.

Whatever about the doors - at least you can take those off and replace them :( - rust around the shocks on a 2011 vehicle is woeful.

That's the sort of thing Datsuns and Fiat had a bad name for back in the 70s :rolleyes:

Youd think Ford would have copped on a bit.

Incidentally - on the motors forum yesterday - someone put up a post with a link to a video featuring someones VW Pheaton - a TOP OF THE RANGE luxury car - 2 years old - with rust on doors and sills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I thought no more transits were gonna be bought for the Garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

D Trent wrote: »
    Yeah however they have to display a tax disc which is ridiculous

I notice the Army don't have tax discs any more, just the Army logo on a sticker along with the unit ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Capri wrote: »
    I notice the Army don't have tax discs any more, just the Army logo on a sticker along with the unit ID

Also hate the way they don't fit black/silver reg. Anymore.

Just looking at twitter there a lot of new patrol cars delievered to HQ.. Plenty of Hyundais :( Be nice to see a few Mondeos/focus instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

carzony wrote: »
    Just looking at twitter there a lot of new patrol cars delievered to HQ.. Plenty of Hyundais :( Be nice to see a few Mondeos/focus instead

There are a few (very discreet) new focus' & mondeos knocking about Dublin.

Must be from the branch that jeep?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Bet there was some very careful driving from some boy-racers ever time they saw an I-30 / I-40 or a mondeo -
    :-)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

People need to use common sense when posting images.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Sgt Biko's video not working for anyone else or is it just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Just copy the link into a search bar.

Looks like donnycarney or the malahide road at least. Some smack into the landcruiser anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

No link, just a black view box

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Just copy the link into a search bar.

Looks like donnycarney or the malahide road at least. Some smack into the landcruiser anyway.

Dodder bridge rathfarnham , link on fm 104 facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bm201589

Can someone post up here the last image Ian Dempsey just tweeted you will all be shooked !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Posted there for you now !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭source

Is that running on blues or amber?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bm201589

Posted there for you now !

Could I email you another pic to post it's just cause I'm new it won't let me !

Hardly think revenue need a car like that? Surely a focus or Hyundai would have done. Like the Guard have to use...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Looks like it is a GARDA car with the Garda word and Crest replaced with Revenue and the number, certainly the chevrons and the yellow and blue stripe look Garda issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Sorry to post again but it's on a different topic, does anybody know if the Insignia estates have extra blues for when the tail is open?
    Just look at what it looks like on a civilian car. notice the extra rear lights and indicators
    opel-insignia-1.6-turbo-sports-tourer-06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

flazio wrote: »
    Sorry to post again but it's on a different topic, does anybody know if the Insignia estates have extra blues for when the tail is open?
    Just look at what it looks like on a civilian car. notice the extra rear lights and indicators
    opel-insignia-1.6-turbo-sports-tourer-06.jpg

Yes they are fitted with extra lights for when boot is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

PSNI Vehicle procurement and costings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

If I'm looking at that right, they paid more for the astras per unit then the suburbs 2wd ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

If I'm looking at that right, they paid more for the astras per unit then the suburbs 2wd ?

I think thats the Antara they paid more for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

£100,000 for an armoured Insignia. And they bought 40 of them. Goes to show they're not out of the woods in NI just yet.

donvito99 wrote: »
    £100,000 for an armoured Insignia. And they bought 40 of them. Goes to show they're not out of the woods in NI just yet.

You just have to look at the news from up there each week to see they are far from being clear yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Worst thing is, armored BMW's are cheaper per unit than an Insignia!!!

• Advertisement

They'll get years out of that van if it's just for community work..

Advertisement