Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deepest/Saddest Anime Songs

• 18-06-2014 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Idea borrowed from another thread I saw ;p

I'll start with this- /watch?v=N393VJamv3U
    Nana - Winter Sleep (can't post link or embed because of low amount of posts) :(

My love for that anime is just too much though! <3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

My Song from Angel Beats is both lovely and tragic when you know about Iwasawa's backstory.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lump in my throat every time I hear this :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yin's Piano from Darker Than Black. Just goes to show what an absolutely incredible composer Yoko Kanno is, it's a wonderfully stirring piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Wolf's Rain end Credits is kinda sad, somewhat:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Here's a real tear jerker:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

So I've been thinking about this for a little while now. There's three songs from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex that are about the Tachikomas and, in context with each other and a little bit of background info, make them all kind of sad. These songs are all from the Be Human OST which is themed on the Tachikomas. And there will be spoilers.

So the Tachikomas are Section 9's happy little helpers. They have the personalities of children, an endless curiosity and an adorable innocence. They're particularly fascinated with human knowledge and humans in general. So the first song is...

This is all about a Tachikoma wishing it was a human, thinking endlessly about every little thing about what it is to be human that we all take for granted and wanting it so bad. It also shows how much the Tachikomas look up to the guys at Section 9. So that song opens the album, later on this next song appears...

This is a sort of music box rendition of the first song which serves to drive home the point of the Tachikoma's childishness and pure-heartedness. It's placement on the album is important because the very next song after it is this:

This is where the spoilers begin.
    The only time this song appears in the anime is during episode 25 of the first season, it is the soundtrack for when the now repurposed Tachikoma's choose of their own will to abandon their new duties in order to sacrifice themselves to save Batou. So their last act is a beautiful, noble, and notably human gesture of love and attachment. I also interpret the title of the song as the Tachikomas desire to do good by their master.

It's overwhelmingly adorable and sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beefy187

Sorry I cant post the linkies yet but...

Naraku No Hana from Higurashi
    Uninstall from Bokurano

Would be my nomination for deepest/saddest songs.
    Especially if you follow the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Perkinstock

i remember many sad things just listening to this amv

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

**********WARNING VIDEO CONTAINS DEATH NOTE SPOILERS******************
    Misa's song :'(

And also Black Butler - Si me deus relinquit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Aww I love that last song, I think it's gonna be on repeat for a while xD - Sounds exactly like it came out of the OSTs from Samurai X and Ruroken. Can't remember the exact but those OSTs really have some amazing songs. Maybe it's a Samurai X song that never made the cut!

Also sounds similar to Jóhann Jóhannsson - the rocket builder. (Ok not that similar but like a darker script? Maybe? ^^)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i016SnBTfpk - linky if you haven't heard it before.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Saw this opening two days ago, and felt the need to watch the entire series, it tells you what the series is about almost perfectly.

And you can't link the opening without linking Secret Base (the ED) as well. It's just as good. Can't find one with English subs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

Ahh I found them:

Samurai X Trust and Betrayal OST - In Memories 'A Boy Meets the Man
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDh_eRhPqUU

Samurai X Trust and Betrayal OST - In Memories "KO-TO-WA-RI"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypzPw2DHes0

That whole OST is great.

this is one o my favorite too in terms of sad "empty" anime songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

I agree, it is kinda sad Perkinstock

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PokeCrysis

its almost as tragic as when <spoiler>

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

I always thought "Never meant to belong" from Bleach was a classic beautifully sad song, the violin really tugs at my heart strings. I really like Shiro Sagisu's music. It was the best part of the show in my opinion.

Two other pieces which I think play well one after the other probably fit more into the deep category:

Also:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

There's this but it's only a tearjerker if you know the whole story behind it and you have to watch Madoka Magica to find out what that is cos it's a MAJOR one that I'm not putting here!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DannyGriff

Try Baccano Ending Song: Calling by Kaori Oda. It's one I frequently listens to. The show seems lighthearted, but the song is really emotional IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement