Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alternatives to crunchyroll

Options
  • 12-04-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Im trying to branch out and watch some anime that isnt on netflix and I was recommended crunchyroll but right now trying to watch one 20minute episode ive been shown the same ad about 4 time before it would start,twice more after the first 5 minutes, another 3 times in the middle and then i gave up, What makes it worse is that the ad is playing music at a much higher volume than the show itself.
    People couldnt possibly watch stuff with that many ads...is there an alternative? and i dont particularly want to torrent

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Im trying to branch out and watch some anime that isnt on netflix and I was recommended crunchyroll but right now trying to watch one 20minute episode ive been shown the same ad about 4 time before it would start,twice more after the first 5 minutes, another 3 times in the middle and then i gave up, What makes it worse is that the ad is playing music at a much higher volume than the show itself.
    People couldnt possibly watch stuff with that many ads...is there an alternative? and i dont particularly want to torrent

hulu maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

hulu maybe?

Havent had a look at that one yet,definitely putting it on the list of sites to try,im still new to the whole anime thing so just trying to figure things out,ads just annoy me so much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

There is quite a bit of anime including Seraph of the End, The Heroic Legend of Arslan, Gundam Reconguista in G and all of Gintama on http://www.viewster.com

They also just launched their Xbox 360 app last week. All completely free. Ad supported like Crunchyroll free, but doesn't seem to be any ads on the app.

In all honesty the best option would probably be to pay for CR, €5 a month or €40 for the year is really good value to remove the ads and 1 week delay on streams and to gain access to the HD anime streams, all the K-Dramas and their manga simulpubs including Attack on Titan and Fairy Tail.

EDIT:
    Here is an extremely comprehensive list of what anime can be legally streamed to the UK and Ireland and the streaming services they are available on.

Ive stumbled across a good one,[SNIP] and it seems to be working for now.
    Wondered since ive already made a thread here about something,do you have any recommendations of shows to watch?Not a massively action packed series though,something kind of like shigatsu wa kimi no uso

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Ive stumbled across a good one,[SNIP] and it seems to be working for now.
    Wondered since ive already made a thread here about something,do you have any recommendations of shows to watch?Not a massively action packed series though,something kind of like shigatsu wa kimi no uso

Avoid that site like the plague, its an illegal site with pirated streams from the legal sites. Torrenting isn't as bad as using those as at least with those the pirates aren't making a profit and the fansub groups put in some work, unlike the pirate streamers.

If you are going to stream anime only use the legal services mentioned in the list I posted last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

REMINDER: It's not permitted to post links to or names of illegal streaming sites on boards.ie

Aww man, and there was I thinking I was onto a good thing.
    Right so back to searching
    Also just to clear it up I wasnt aware that id posted a link,i didnt mean to break a rule
    And thanks for the link to all the good places

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

You're getting adverts on Crunchyroll ? I'm guessing you're watching it on free, SD-480p thing off the browser... I pay a small subscription watching it on my Xbox just fine. :o

BeerWolf wrote: »
    You're getting adverts on Crunchyroll ? I'm guessing you're watching it on free, SD-480p thing off the browser... I pay a small subscription watching it on my Xbox just fine. :o

You don't need premium to watch it on the PS3/4, though it does require a US PSN account to download the app.

Anyway Crunchyroll are doing a 30 day premium trial at the moment instead of the normal 14 day one in conjunction with Gawker.

Go to http://www.crunchyroll.com/gawker to avail of the offer.

Advertisement