Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Considered Wrestling Training?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thats the spot

Excellent! See you tomorrow, so. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Myself and Phil will be taking the session between us.

Justin will be the head trainer, Phil will be assisting. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Thanks to Phil and Justin for today, brilliant experience and i think i will definitely be going back!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Thanks to everyone who showed up today you all did very well for your first day. Hopefully you all enjoyed it, any feeback would be welcome good or bad. I had good craic and wouldn't mind organising another day like today in the future if there is interest. Again lads thanks and well done.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Thanks to Justin & Phil organising this open day! Really enjoyed it & is very different actually learning moves & counters from havin just seen them on TV for all these years. We'll see if I can walk tomorrow! Would very much recommend going if u've half an inkling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spill the beans lads!!!!
    Been dying to hear about what I missed all day.
    How many turned up?
    what did ye learn?
    Are you gonna go again?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

The training session was very enjoyable. Phil and Justin did a great job. It was also great to meet a few of you in person, t'was great craic . Deffo feeling a few bumps and bruises already (thanks in part to CM Punked's clothesline from hell :P ) so I can imagine I'm gonna be in bits tomorrow. I reckon I'll be going back though. Wednesday's are better for me so I might show my face this Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WOS fan

Guys..Phil and Justin...Thanks a lot for organising the session today. You were very generous with your time and it was a very enjoyable experience (even for the oldest participant). Sorry I had to leave early. I would have liked the suplex session. I will try to make it back again. Probably on a Sunday. It's a very different experience wrestling for real and I appreciate more the skill of people I have watched on TV for years.

Today was so much fun. :D
    Regardless of my back, legs, arms and hands being in bits it was excellent none the less.
    There was 6 of us there, which to me seemed ideal for us. If any of you were in two minds and decided not to go today im not going to tell you how silly a decision that was but instead tell you that if another one of these are organised dont be on the fence about it.
    Phil and Justin were above professional and were great instructors and thankfully disregarded the thought of making us all feel like s/marks. :)

Although, i did get called Mr. Cena but it was all in fun and jest. I will definitely be back once funds improve and allow me to commit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Delighted this went well. Fair play to all involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Thanks once again to the legends that are Justin and Phil, extremely generous of you guys giving up your Saturday afternoon (a sunny Saturday at that) and you's were both excellent teachers.

Really appreciated the personal touch and advise that you gave when we were paired up doing the chain wrestling, found that the most difficult to grasp (#failure) but your instruction was crystal clear. Sam was great too.

Loved the rope and turnbuckle running, got a great buzz doing that.

The pain in my arms, legs, upper and lower back, throat, a$$, neck, and stomach was worth every minute, will definitely look into attending a few more classes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Glad it went well lads, I've been unwell so couldn't make it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Im curious to know, did anyone go in thinking they were great, run the ropes and fall down in agony when they realise how tight they are? Always wanted to see that happen. :pac:

Glad everyone enjoyed it and thus far appears to have survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Jesus lads that's some fairly positive feedback thanks for posting it up. It was our pleasure having you lot on board for the day hopefully you weren't too beat up today and if this generates a bit more interest we would be happy to do it again.

Congrats lads, I'm in bits! Haha.

I'm hobbling around and lamenting anything that falls on the floor! Ya good craic I'd love to go again as soon as I can walk lol

Was in bits yesterday but it was definitely worth it! If there was another day organised like Saturday I would highly recommend to the people that missed out that you give it a go. You won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

AAah sounds ye had a great time sucks theres nothing like this down around my area as I'd have been there in a heartbeat if it was local

AAah sounds ye had a great time sucks theres nothing like this down around my area as I'd have been there in a heartbeat if it was local

where's local for you, brian?

Thinking of heading down tonight. Anyone else fancy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Thinking of heading down tonight. Anyone else fancy it?

I work most Wednesday nights but good luck though man and definitely PM me to let me know how you got on. I would like to go back soon especially with another beginner to have someone to work with.

Is your Back not still in bits from Saturday? I'm still in agony but no pain no game though right :cool:

Charisteas wrote: »
    I work most Wednesday nights but good luck though man and definitely PM me to let me know how you got on. I would like to go back soon especially with another beginner to have someone to work with.

Is your Back not still in bits from Saturday? I'm still in agony but no pain no game though right :cool:

Mine was until today. Take a bath or grab some muscle rub, that stuff helps a hell of a lot.

I missed last week but I'm determined to get down there asap.

wont make this sunday as I've got stuff to do before heading into CA for WM that night.

Going to aim for this day next week as my first session.
    It is only Wed and Sundays right? the session last sat was just a once off on account of us boardsies?

I do want to go again but i don't wanna be the only newb in the class! Today went out the window as have 2 poddies to record and a meeting to prepare for. Dunno if i'll be free to take the afternoon out, plus I'd like to be able to walk up the stairs into Captains :D Next wed looks good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

where's local for you, brian?

Limerick city or County

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I do want to go again but i don't wanna be the only newb in the class! Today went out the window as have 2 poddies to record and a meeting to prepare for. Dunno if i'll be free to take the afternoon out, plus I'd like to be able to walk up the stairs into Captains :D Next wed looks good :)

we have a couple of guys there only on their third or fourth week so you wouldn't be completely in the deep end

So I went last night and it was great craic again. The fitness work was definitely more intense but I enjoyed it.

We were given a spot to do in the ring as part of the fitness training after which we paired up and we were told to do the same spot but add our own finish to it. I was paired with a lad who has been there a while so naturally he came up with the finish but t'was great craic altogether.

There were a few more regulars down last night and there was a good atmosphere in the gym. All the lads were very friendly and were constantly giving me pointers.

Luckily I have a bit of protein mix back in the apartment so had a shake before and after training so I don't feel nearly as sore today. Would recommend getting some if you are planning on coming down again because you'll be in agony the next day otherwise.

We were given a spot to do in the ring as part of the fitness training after which we paired up and we were told to do the same spot but add our own finish to it. I was paired with a lad who has been there a while so naturally he came up with the finish but t'was great craic altogether.

What finish did he come up with, dick?

also, will 'Dick McSavage' be your in-ring name?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What is involved in this cardio-wise?

Advertisement