Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

FFFUUUUU!!! Terrible.
    How was inter-railing?

Friends taking off to do it later this month, but me = broke so its sunny London for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Ah it was great. I was gone for a month but it went incredibly fast, can't believe I'm home already. I'd really recommend Ljubljana, Slovenia and Krakow, Poland as places to go.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I lolled into my porridge and it went all over my screen! :D
    Really bad jokes spring to mind about porridge ... :o

/sits on hands >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Beau wrote: »
    Home from inter railing :( Now to sort out my repeats. Missed the deadline too to sign up for them so I have to pay an extra €100.

There's a deadline to sign up for them? :confused:

Who do I need to ring?! I'm going away on Tuesday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

So so tired, lift here in an hour, attempting to pack...*lies on floor*

• Advertisement

There's a deadline to sign up for them? :confused:

It was last Friday. You fill in a form and pay €60 for each repeat by bank draft. It all comes with your results.

If anyone has a single room available in their house for the summer untill the end of the exams give me a shout. I'd prefer to be living with people than living on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

@Beau: I know a few people, I'll ask around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

If anyone has a single room available in there house for the summer untill the end of the exams give me a shout. I'd prefer to be living with people than living on my own.

That inter railing has screwed with your grammar my man ;)

On a more serious note, I know someone! It would be living with two girls, are you a girl? But I'll ask if they still have that free room and PM you the girl's number if you want?

Michelle

Thanks a million guys. Not a girl but I don't mind. If they have internet and TV that'd be sweet but if not, thats fine. I'll send you PM's with my number.

A woman is getting back to me about a place in Doctors Lane but I'd be on my own.

It was last Friday. You fill in a form and pay €60 for each repeat by bank draft. It all comes with your results.

If anyone has a single room available in their house for the summer untill the end of the exams give me a shout. I'd prefer to be living with people than living on my own.

I didn't get one with my results. I don't have to repeat. Like, I can take my other two subjects in to 2nd year but I want to take french. Fuck I'm going away tomorrow. :confused:

• Advertisement

I didn't get one with my results. I don't have to repeat. Like, I can take my other two subjects in to 2nd year but I want to take french. Fuck I'm going away tomorrow. :confused:

Ring the Advisory office ASAP. They have been very helpful to me so far.

Best people ever, them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Thanks a million guys. Not a girl but I don't mind. If they have internet and TV that'd be sweet but if not, thats fine. I'll send you PM's with my number.

A woman is getting back to me about a place in Doctors Lane but I'd be on my own.

Oooooo I used to live there. So pissed off I couldn't hold onto it for the summer. Its so close to everything!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Is mobile reception grand in Maynooth? On all networks? Buying a new phone and wondering if I should factor reception in when choosing a netowrk just.

There are areas that are Meteor reception black holes. I live in Moyglare Abbey and reception is never more than 2 bars

Meteor is a bit Shit. Apparently Vodafone is good.

Yeah, but getting more bang for your buck ftw. It's not like I need to make phone calls/send texts at night when I'm back in my house... *struggles to have faith in what has just been said* :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

if you're gonna be living on campus, vodafone and O2 are the only ways to go. You'll struggle to get one bar of reception in the River apts with meteor.

(makes sure nobody can ring you during sexytime though ;))

I love Meteor wish everyone was on it.

Why? You can have free texts to everyone on it anyway :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You can choose between "free calls and texts to all meteor phones" or "free texts to everyone" though.

Meteor was going to be my first choice, gonna be down in the next few weeks so might test out the reception at my house before I buy.

What the goat said. Not that into texting. Most of my friends (bar a few stubborn ones) are with Meteor. I know I had trouble in the River Apartments alright but in general its fine and worth it.

MEteor has its fair share of black holes in maynooth. 02 as well, from what I've gathered. Vodaphone have the 20e a month = free texts to all networks atm, might be the way to go. ALSO 3 have a very good deal going now, worth checking them out. Can't comment on reception though.

In the past 02 and Meteor used the same masts (back when Meteor hadn't 100% coverage, in order to make them more competitive an agreement was made) so they should be the same. I don't know if that has changed.

Got on the 66 in town today, going Palmerstown.
    Paid €2.20- Maynooth frame of mind.
    Only costs €1.80 to Palmerstown.

Typical.

1206496402_housedance.jpg
    4.14 A.M, third episode of House tonight for me, and def. the last one. Just like the last one was the last one.

The West Wing ftw, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ugh. Person playing against me on facebook scrabble is a thicko, clearly. *Is bored of waiting*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

urgh. Stayed up so late watching The Wire.

Dammit its just too good!!!!!

• Advertisement

urgh. Stayed up so late watching The Wire.

Dammit its just too good!!!!!

Woo yeh! Such an amazing show. What series are you on? I'd love to start watching it all over again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement