Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

can you get a sushi grant again if you drop out of college?

Options
  • 02-08-2015 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

EDIT: I MEANT SUSI.
    I just finished 1st year in a university but I've decided to drop out as I hated the course I was doing. It's there any way I can 're apply for the susi grant (I got half my fees paid last year). As ill be applying as an independent student (parent s not giving any more money to me for college) will I be able reapply for the grant again?
    Thanks,
    Emma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Susi wont pay for your first year fees again. They will pay for second year onward, but your on your own for first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

EDIT: I MEANT SUSI.
    I just finished 1st year in a university but I've decided to drop out as I hated the course I was doing. It's there any way I can 're apply for the susi grant (I got half my fees paid last year). As ill be applying as an independent student (parent s not giving any more money to me for college) will I be able reapply for the grant again?
    Thanks,
    Emma

Your 1st year fees would have been covered under the Free Fees Scheme of the Department of Education as they are for everybody (as well as the subsequent completed years).

SUSI only cover the cost of your Student contribution (aka registration fee) (if eligible) and maintenance (if eligible).

Your Fees and Contribution will have to paid for your second bite at 1st year.

With regards to your status as an independent studnet; until you have at least reached aged 23 on October 1st in the year before you start the new course (so 23 yo on 1st October 2014 in your case).

There are other factors to consider for independnt status as well, but as I can gather you are under 23 so it is moot.

You should investigate an internal transfer or some other way of getting into second year of your new course before accepting a drop-out scenario.

Advertisement