Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agriculture Science in WIT

• 12-06-2015 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have Ag.Science in WIT as first choice on CAO. Anyone else going this year or anyone could let me what the course is like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

ormarred wrote: »
    I have Ag.Science in WIT as first choice on CAO. Anyone else going this year or anyone could let me what the course is like?

Most modules in yr 1 are common with science but are taught on the basis that you haven't studied them before. In yr 2 you get to study more agriculture and are in Kildalton 2 days a week. Placement is great in yr 3; a good few go to NZ every year, others work in industry and gain great experience. Work opportunities are excellent, WIT Ag science graduates are really well respected and do as well if not better than UCD grads as we have more practical experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ormarred

thanks very much homolumo

Hi Homolumo, I was just wondering did you do this course? Did you start Sept. 2014 as part of the four year level 8 course? I am interested in doing this course. I would appreciate any information you have.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

Level 8 course is the same as the level 7 it was only upgraded

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭kingsofoffaly

Level 8 course is the same as the level 7 it was only upgraded

• Advertisement

I changed my CAO to level 7 in ag science and I can continue to level 8 after the 3rd year.
    CIT in Cork is nearer to me and going through both course modules they seem to be much the same. Thanks for reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

ormarred wrote: »
    I changed my CAO to level 7 in ag science and I can continue to level 8 after the 3rd year.
    CIT in Cork is nearer to me and going through both course modules they seem to be much the same. Thanks for reply.

Lvl 7 is no longer offered; u must be referring to agriculture programme not WD191. Lvl 8 is different to lvl 7 not just an upgrade. First two yrs are the same alright.

Advertisement