Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTA exams vs MCTS

• 30-03-2015 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

Which is more difficult? I have been studying for the MCTS 70-480. I bought specialized software that is like the real exam but I haven't been getting very good results. I was thinking of taking the MTA 98-375 which is the nearest equivalent I think in MTA to the MCTS 70-480. In general are the MTA exams much easier than the MCTS exams? From what I have read the MTA's are considered to be at a lower level than the MCTS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

lukin wrote: »
    Which is more difficult? I have been studying for the MCTS 70-480. I bought specialized software that is like the real exam but I haven't been getting very good results. I was thinking of taking the MTA 98-375 which is the nearest equivalent I think in MTA to the MCTS 70-480. In general are the MTA exams much easier than the MCTS exams? From what I have read the MTA's are considered to be at a lower level than the MCTS.

Yes they are. You can't call yourself a MCP if you pass a MTA exam, you can if you pass a MCTS exam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭lukin

Krusader wrote: »
    Yes they are. You can't call yourself a MCP if you pass a MTA exam, you can if you pass a MCTS exam

Thanks for the reply. I googled for the pass/failure rate of MTA exams (not the one I am doing but just in general) but I couldn't find any info.
    I will probably buy some testing software for the MTA exam before I sit it. It's much cheaper than the software for the MCTS which is indication of their respective worths I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

I have recently passed the 3 MTA exams. Generally MTA are considered fundamental exams. They do not expire either.

Passed the 98-375, 98-366 and the 98-349. In all cases. The likes of Measureup is easily the equivalent or in some cases inferior than the free options out there.

If you need any notes or questions on the exams I done. Feel free to pm me.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I have recently passed the 3 MTA exams. Generally MTA are considered fundamental exams. They do not expire either.

Passed the 98-375, 98-366 and the 98-349. In all cases. The likes of Measureup is easily the equivalent or in some cases inferior than the free options out there.

If you need any notes or questions on the exams I done. Feel free to pm me.

Any chance you could send them to me?

cheers :)

Advertisement