Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel UK Transformers Comics Question

• 25-03-2013 11:33pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, got pointed your direction from the arcade and retro forum, hopefully you can help out.

I was a big transformers fan as a kid, still raging i sold them all on, recently started thinking about picking up them again, i havent gone and bought any of the toys yet, but ive been looking around.

I collected the Marvel UK comic as a kid and i just spent a fair whack of money on a run of 172 UK Transformers Comics...

Now, i dont know much about comics in general, Transformers and TMNT where the only ones i read years ago, Does anyone know anything about the comics here, specifically UK Transformers ones? How much would someone pay for 172 Marvel UK Transformer comics?

I believe they run from issue 52 - 224 I think.. im a bit worried about how much i paid for them!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I know a fair bit about the comics, think I have the entire run from issue 1 to 332 (I think) and the 80 US ones. I also have the entire TMNT Eastman and Laird run before it was sold to Image.

In regards to the price, dunno how much someone would pay. Had a quick look at Ebay and they seem to be going for about 3euro a comic in good condition. Suppose it depends on how much happiness they give you and do you think you paid an ok amount for that happiness? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Well i paid way less than 2 euro a comic so i guess i did Ok, they are in good condition too to be honest and im dying to check them out. I loved these as a kid, and the cartoon. Only thing now is ill have to pick up the rest! haha..

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The Marvel comics have had a lot of reprints. Titan comics reissued the entire series if I remember correctly (that includes the follow up Generation 2). I think DreamWave reissued some of them too. IDW currently own the rights and have reissued selected stories. They are also currently doing a series called 'ReGeneration One' which is a direct continuation of where the Marvel comic run ended back in the 80s.

Would it be right to say that the original marvels have marvel up on the top left if the cover and the reprints wouldn't ? What I'm trying to say is would it be easy to spot the difference between an original and a reprint?

The IDW reissues are usually labelled 'Classic Transformers' or 'Transformers Generations', so they're handy enough to spot.
    Here's what the Titan books like like:
    $(KGrHqJ,!hwE9i!GdWRsBPsCjmFy2!~~60_35.JPG

• Advertisement

I think they are the older original ones alright..

here is a pic of 6 of them

DSCF0013-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Galvasean wrote: »
    The IDW reissues are usually labelled 'Classic Transformers' or 'Transformers Generations', so they're handy enough to spot.
    Here's what the Titan books like like:
    $(KGrHqJ,!hwE9i!GdWRsBPsCjmFy2!~~60_35.JPG

Love that title font.

Wish it was used more often.

Remember it from so many annuals over the years.

keithgeo wrote: »
    I think they are the older original ones alright..

here is a pic of 6 of them

DSCF0013-3.jpg

Yep. Those are the old school ones alright.

Thats great, should get them tomorrow via parcel motel. cant wait. thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Ah, the Spanner space bridge story. Brings back memories :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement