Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork First Year Girls Filmed Tearing Each Other Apart Over a Guy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

antodeco wrote: »
    First years in college or first years in school? Depending on the answer my use of the video may be quite different

Yeah, school uniforms really do it. None of these civies ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

That one who videotaped it needs a slap.

The first rule about fight club, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Show Time wrote: »
    lukesmom wrote: »
    Perhaps I am bring sexist but I make no apologies for it. To see two women fighting is degrading and They should have more respect for themselves, at least this is what I will teach my daughter.
    My sons on the otherhand I wouldn't mind as much. I don't like any kind of fighting that is not controlled inside a ring but if my boys fight it won't bother me as lads are built differently to girls. They have a lot of testosterone and lads normally beat the **** out of each other and it's done. But girls are a whole lot different. The emotional abuse that can happen can be very intense. Yeah I'm a hypocrite, sexist whatever you want to call me but as a mother of two boys and one girl this is how I feel. I know my husband feels the exact same way too.
    How much would you mind if your lad came home all busted up and needing a trip to the hospital.
    Would you just say it was the testosterones than.

He actually came home before the summer after getting knocked to the ground and hit in the face and head by a little prick that's in his class. I went around and threatened the young lad (10) and his mother that I was going to go to the cops. I also frightened the ****e out of the young lad saying that my husband is very angry He basically came onto our estate and assaulted him. I went into the pricipal of the school also and it all got sorted out. I'm a firm believer in nipping things in the bud. My son does not like fighting he's more of a gentle lad but big and strong. He uses his brain. So yes I have had my son come home extremely distressed and it upset me so so much.

They are friends now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jlacey

disturbing i thought

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

In my day we did it stripped to the waist. Similar to Queensbury rules.
    I think they called it Saville rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭gifted

Jesus, I have 3 little girls and I'm terrified what they are going to face when they get to teenage years...I feel sorry for both of the girls, not confident enough to realise they are better than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

I blame the school tbh, my sister is in that school in 2nd year...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

They are Christ King girls. My sister goes to school there, she said the Gardai called to the school this morning over the the whole thing. She told me the names of those involved, if she knows then I'd imagine the authorities know too. The 2 girls involved are meant to be good friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Teenagers fight. Always have, always will. The only difference is that nowadays it's thrown up on the internet for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

All I can say is thank christ the internet wasn't around when I was in secondary school. The place would've been shut down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My little brother knows one of the girls, they've both been suspended from school and the school are investigating who else was involved, and who filmed it. They seem to be taking it really seriously.

The guards are also involved, they definitely contacted the school, though I don't know if they contacted the girls' families or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Meh - crap fight. A lot of hair-pulling and no decent strikes landed. There was some good stuff on the ground - they both battled and there was quite a bit of positional change but neither was able to get distance to land anything significant. At one point Aoife had a chance to get to her feet but didn't take it; she could have ended the fight if she stood up and stamped on her opponent / kicked her in the head.

That's what Shogun would have done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭MarkHitide

• geeky wrote: »
    That one who videotaped it needs a slap.

The first rule about fight club, etc.

Strange isn't it, posting stuff like this seems to be held as blameless but in my view is much much worse than the person who actually did the filming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

They are Christ King girls. My sister goes to school there, she said the Gardai called to the school this morning over the the whole thing. She told me the names of those involved, if she knows then I'd imagine the authorities know too. The 2 girls involved are meant to be good friends.

Good. I hope something is done about this. It was an utter disgrace, and someone could have been badly hurt. I also hope the girl that instigated the whole thing gets punished. The girls that were fighting should be ashamed of themselves, but as for the instigator, shes a nasty piece of work. I'll leave it there, because shes someones child, but I've choice words for the likes of her.

Edit: just copped your post there White Roses, fair play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

lukesmom wrote: »
    ... as a mother of two boys and one girl this is how I feel. I know my husband feels the exact same way too.

What did Lukes brother do wrong?

Why don't you love Lukes brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Bad stuff alright - the fact that the other girls seem more interested in filming it is in itself a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tommymc101

Can someone send me a link to the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Seen way worse fights when I was at school. Not nice but sometimes life isn't nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Selah Dry Urine

What did Lukes brother do wrong?

Why don't you love Lukes brother?

Nothing and she does. :) Luke just so happens to be her favourite, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Does anyone know what school this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Not one person in that video knows how to dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

dotsman wrote: »
    Does anyone know what school this is?

Yes, most of us do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dishkah

I know the guy the were fighting over, he comes off as a little **** to me and in my opinion don't know why they fought over him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Nothing and she does.

I've no doubt she does. Twas just a little banter.

Boards is gone very serious now adays :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Not one person in that video knows how to dress.

That's the real scandal in this video. They look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

gbee wrote: »
    Yes, most of us do.

::D and...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

girl2 wrote: »
    Didn't watch it all. Despicable. The one at the very beginning who set it up and then walked away laughin the bit out deserves a good fückin hiding.

Strange logic...

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Randy Anders

What the fuck, this is horrifying. I can't believe we've come this low as a species.

They are both wearing Adidas tracksuits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I was shocked, I never saw any fights at my school :o
    Really!? Despite the fact that myself or any of my close friends have ever been dragged into a physical fight I've seen some pretty horrible things. Teenage discos were pretty horrifying looking back on them now with some perspective!

In school at about 16/17 we had a male PE teacher. This fight had been brewing for a while, snide comments, dirty looks etc. I don't remember what tipped it off but what I vividly remember is one girl leaping over a table to drag the other girl around the room by the head of hair. Gave her a black eye and spit her lip slammin her off walls, tables. She was like a possessed animal. Myself and a friend were closest the door and we ran for the teacher, assuming their friends would pull them apart. The teacher refused to come in in case there were girls in a state of undress! :confused::eek: He thought it was a weird prank. When the screaming brought him in he jumped in and separated them, their friends couldn't get them apart/didn't want to be too involved. A bin full of hair there was, it was disgusting. Both were suspended but that was pretty much it.
    mathepac wrote: »
    If it's true that the children featured in this video are 12-14 year olds, then having the video posted or linked to here without their parents / guardians knowledge or consent is a highly questionable practice. I'm amazed no-one seems to brought it to mod's attention before I did.

Oh sorry, I just noticed that moderators have have commented on the video and left it in situ. Very strange.

I imagine if it's on facebook and youtube then it's public domain so that wouldn't be an issue.

ALso, slightly unrelated but do people not read threads anymore?!? I mean, not even the OP?? The link to the video is in the OP and the name of the school has been mentioned numerous times!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement