Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle - Season 5 [** Spoilers **]

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

CastorTroy wrote: »

Glad Castle mentioned how Beckett's hair has changed so many times since I thought the same thing, trying to figure which looked the best on her. .

You can always tell which season is which by Beckett's hairstyle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

prev ep was pretty similar to a Bones cryptozoology ep

Sur there the SAME feckin show/formula....what do you expect? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's wrecking my head trying to figure out who the Agent (Stack?) is in real life and what show I know him from, any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tony Almeida, 24 (Actor: Carlos Bernard).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

man that episode bored me

• Advertisement

ABC are reportedly looking to renew Castle through to 2015. Yippee!

http://www.filmthrasher.com/2013/05/the-news-bundle-abc-reportedly-looking.html
    Deadline reports that they've heard ABC is considering a possible two-season renewal for their hit comedic drama and crime procedural Castle. If successful, the series would be brought back for a sixth and seventh season, effectively presenting the show with new episodes through at least May 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so whats the big dilemma going to be, castle is writer so he can move to DC if he wants, will it be that he can't follow his girlfriend around while she deals with national security issues, because it didn't seem to be a problem in this ep!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

so whats the big dilemma going to be, castle is writer so he can move to DC if he wants, will it be that he can't follow his girlfriend around while she deals with national security issues, because it didn't seem to be a problem in this ep!
    sure didnt his father arrange for him to shadow a FBI or CIA agent a few years back also, it would be interesting if they changed the shows format, but TBF i dont think its gone stale, also it could allow beckett get a better chance of getting yerman who killed her mother,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Renew confirmed via Facebook

bpb101 wrote: »
    Renew confirmed via Facebook

And rumours of a two season pickup are untrue....renewed just for one.

• Advertisement

So....how was that season finale for you shippers?....

I hope she says no, and then season 6 picks up 3 months down the line and it's all angst.

so the big dilemma is that she would be too busy for castle, are we to believe that these two characters really need to always around each other, two self possessed people, i guess that's what the whole show has been about, but doesn't quite seem believable.

and whats with the new women they introduced the video tech

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

and whats with the new women they introduced the video tech

My biggest question of the episode. This is the second or third time she's been in it. Maybe she'll get a regular role next season. :D

I'm pretty sure if Kate goes to Washington, she'll be back in New York by the end of the first or second episode of next season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think I've voiced my "concerns" about things not making sense being a bug bear of mine, but 1 week Castle is taking her for granted and p1ssing her off, the next week she's wondering if they're going anywhere, the next week she has a job of a lifetime but thinks it'll mean that she won't have time for him, this is the woman that left for Washington for a few days and he didn't even notice. He's a millionaire writer who's daughter is in college and is going to spend months travelling with a mother who comes and goes as she pleases, surely he'd be ok re-locating to Washington for a while, also, he's just finishing a book so he'll be doing the long book tour thing that he does every couple of seasons anyway, they'd be apart anyway.

What's that Rick is looking to hop near, oooooh it's a shark.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

didnt like the last few episodes.

thought the drone one was ridiculous but still took itself too seriously

this one had a really dull case of the week and the the *crisis* of the relationship was such a stupid *first world problem* bollocks, it was very much the writers putting themselves in the corner cause the simple truth is the only problem with them moving to DC was that there would have been no way in hell the secret service people would let castle follow becket around like the nypd did. And that was the only thing that was at risk with this issue, and quite frankly its only an issue for the tv show and not in the world, so it ends up being incredibly forced.

They should have gone with it and maybe tried going into new territory by having castle following becket around without being *officially* there like he is with the nypd, since the whole secret lovers plotpoint fell flat this season then perhaps it might be interesting to actual put some opposition to castle being involved.

Though we'd lose the supporting cast :(

Also did I miss something but doesnt beckett taking this job just outright drop the whole taking down the senator who had her mum killed series plot point or did I miss that being resolved?

the problem with it is they want to turn their show into Attorney General CIS?

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Also did I miss something but doesnt beckett taking this job just outright drop the whole taking down the senator who had her mum killed series plot point or did I miss that being resolved?
    yeah i was saying that if she took the job it would bring her closer to the senator in washington and give her a reason to look into him and get him on the AGs radar,

id say she will take him down but piss off the AG in the process and get fired and head back to NY, where castle who she "will" reject, will be after moving on but when he hears shes back will come running,

the washington storyline of definitely a way for beckett to get proper closure on her mothers murder, i cant see them not following that storyline,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I didn't like the episode as an episode or a finale. I'm betting she won't take the job, but it's stupid for the reasons pointed out already. Castle could obviously move, but are they just going to get rid of Ryan and Esposito? Nah. Something will happen to keep Kate in NYC.

I trust the writers of this show. They haven't let me down yet; IMHO they know the plot holes and they will make them work in a way that works for the show.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Cuddy cast in castle....she's been in a fair few shows since house ended, more then any other house actor
    But the likes of Jesse Spencer already has a leading role - better than bit parts!

Anyway, be interesting to see how she fits into the dynamic and the general lighter tone of the show compared to 'House'.

Edelstein will play Rachel McCord who is described as, "a tough and highly-skilled Federal Investigator whose appearance plays a vital role in Beckett’s decisions about her future." Her character likely will be involved in Beckett's decision in the season finale to take a job with the Attorney General's Office.

oh great they are going to stretch the decision out for a whole season, surprise surprise

oh great they are going to stretch the decision out for a whole season, surprise surprise
    well it looks like their gonna do the right thing and have beckett take the DC job, which i think is the right call, the thing is what do you do now with the like of ryan and esposito,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

don ramo wrote: »
    well it looks like their gonna do the right thing and have beckett take the DC job, which i think is the right call, the thing is what do you do now with the like of ryan and esposito,

Kate will maybe be able to being her own team?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Advertisement