Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Redhills Airsoft, Kildare

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭maxwarren

just wondering if you can play half days on sundays as ive seen lads leave around lunch time does it cost less or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Murphino

Hi Maxwarren,

Sorry unfortunately we don't don't do half days, well we don't do discounted rates for half days....players leaving early we can do little about, people have to work etc but they would be paying full rate, it's up to them.

We don't have plans for half day skirmish rates as to be honest if we did the players (who are there for the day) and games etc would be affected by too many leaving early.

Hope that helps and sorry if its not the answer you were looking for!

CHeers RHA

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭7flanker7

Spent a load of cash on buying gear to play airsoft but never got around to playing...

Whats this site like and what are the people like that play here?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Its not a bad site, its a mix of buildings ( very cqb) and open areas ( great for the buding sniper). The games for the most part are well thought out and are great craic to play. There are toilet facilities ( big plus), indoor well lit safezone and they take a hot food order for lunchtime!!
    Players and marshals are great guys and above all, honest.

Hi 7flanker7,

Thanks for your message. Site itself (as Thermo described it) is essentially Outdoor CQB so encompasses buildings, bunkers, and a small wooded area. We have hard ground and gravel paths etc so good for all year round play. In terms of our players, we get a really good mix of regulars every week but also very importantly new players to the site and new players to Airsoft, several of whom take up the sport proper and get playing on teams etc.

We very much welcome new players and are not a clicky site, we mix up teams based on who shows on the day and play good well thought out scenarios that are varied and use the site to the best of its ability. We are also expanding our gaming area in 2014 to double its size and offer our players a totally new gaming experience.

We are based in Kildare, about 5 km form Kildare village and we are easy to find.

Drop us a PM or call on 087 2481246 if you fancy paying us a visit and seeing for yourself.

In the mean time check out Red Epic Airsoft on YouTube to see actual game footage from players themselves.

Cheers

RHA

• Advertisement

Here's the link to some really great vieos about gameplay at Redhills Airsoft Kildare -

http://www.youtube.com/user/RedEpicAirsoft?feature=watch

Cheers RHA

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭TheHamster

@7flanker7
    a year ago I was in the same position as you, went to Redhills as a complete noob, about all I had going for me was my own gun lol.
    The guys are great, the site is excellent, and the marshaling and players all completely sound. Couldn't recommend it better for a first time, and believe me it wont be your last.
    Look forward to seeing (and possibly shooting) you there

TheHamster wrote: »
    @7flanker7
    a year ago I was in the same position as you, went to Redhills as a complete noob, about all I had going for me was my own gun lol.
    The guys are great, the site is excellent, and the marshaling and players all completely sound. Couldn't recommend it better for a first time, and believe me it wont be your last.
    Look forward to seeing (and possibly shooting) you there

Wondering how to get there as I live in portlaoise. ... and dont drive anymore..

I have so much gear a agm scar a ca pro line lwrc m4 and ak plus a g27 glock and thunder b........ dont want all thus gear to just sit there..

7flanker7 wrote: »
    Wondering how to get there as I live in portlaoise. ... and dont drive anymore..

I have so much gear a agm scar a ca pro line lwrc m4 and ak plus a g27 glock and thunder b........ dont want all thus gear to just sit there..

from the website
    http://redhillsairsoft.com/location-2

Just another question do you need supply your own bbs or is it covered in the entry cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭TheHamster

you will need to supply bb's
    I live in Ballyroan, so if you want to pm me I'd be happy to give you a lift next time I go (probably within the next couple of weeks. there are 5 of us already so one more is no trouble

Graham

TheHamster wrote: »
    you will need to supply bb's
    I live in Ballyroan, so if you want to pm me I'd be happy to give you a lift next time I go (probably within the next couple of weeks. there are 5 of us already so one more is no trouble

Graham

Man that would be awesome really man thanks just pm when your going next..... let me know a day or w in advance. ... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hey Flanker just want to second the lift, live near Portarlington and can swing by some Sunday if you wanted :)

Love to see people helping out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

Any chance you can update photos from 1.12.2013 game ;) ? Thanks, Casper.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Searching...

Craic lads, planning a trip out after christmas, any idea what your opening days for January are or is that still to be decided? Cheers

Hi, sorry, we have been off all forums all week due to a family bereavement.

Not decided yet but we will be running most Sundays in January from the 12th, Sunday the 5th TBC at this stage, will post them up next week or two. Having a game on the Sun 29th of Dec before New Years also.

Cheers

RHA

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Searching...

Murphino wrote: »
    Hi, sorry, we have been off all forums all week due to a family bereavement.

Not decided yet but we will be running most Sundays in January from the 12th, Sunday the 5th TBC at this stage, will post them up next week or two. Having a game on the Sun 29th of Dec before New Years also.

Cheers

RHA

Sorry to hear that lads, ive been meaning to get out for a while. Think i said it to you's last time you were in the hive, so hopefully it will be sooner rather then later, cheers.

Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

anyone going here from the celbridge, maynooth or leixlip area that could give me a lift ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭chefwes

Anybody heading out tomorrow ?

Revised dates for this month night game added and closed easter sunday.http://http://redhillsairsoft.com/information/opening-dates-and-times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

I was at Red Hills on Sunday 11-May, great site. I had trouble with batteries, and someone very kindly loaned me a 7.2v battery for my AUG.

I forgot to return it afterwards, so if anyone can let me know who owns it that would be great. Shytan? Thermo?

I'll ask the lads in redhills on sat if anyone said anything to them or get them to post it up on facebook for u.If by chance it was a turnigy nano tech it might have been one of there own.

OzCam wrote: »
    I was at Red Hills on Sunday 11-May, great site. I had trouble with batteries, and someone very kindly loaned me a 7.2v battery for my AUG.

I forgot to return it afterwards, so if anyone can let me know who owns it that would be great. Shytan? Thermo?

It was Shytan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Raven_SK

played there twice, would highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ben51

great site well ran

Advertisement