Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

3DS XL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Damn, they had them on sale in HMV, but I didn't bring my debit card with me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Got the red one :D Jesus it's so much better built than 3ds also hell of a lot more comfy to hold!!!

See I was built with fat western hands :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Tried around town today and nowhere had a case lol, wonder whats the story hori seem to have one out in japan but thats all I could find :(.
    Im off on holidays tomorrow so I'll check when I get back hopefully the cases will be out by then. Also anyone know if the dsi xl cases would be the right size?

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Tried around town today and nowhere had a case lol, wonder whats the story hori seem to have one out in japan but thats all I could find :(.
    Im off on holidays tomorrow so I'll check when I get back hopefully the cases will be out by then. Also anyone know if the dsi xl cases would be the right size?

Think it'd be too big (DSI XL case for a 3DS XL I mean)

was the bloody same all day looking for a case :mad: wtf will i do

• Advertisement

the only option I see is to import a hori one from japan which will takes ages hopefully they are released here soon , hmv japan have loads of different cases.

the only option I see is to import a hori one from japan which will takes ages hopefully they are released here soon , hmv japan have loads of different cases.

on neogaf there saying that dsi xl case fit well with 3ds xl i ordered one and a cheap charger on amazon

i bought mine today listen to this

did the deal for 99 euro right

trade in 3ds

then had to buy my old 3ds back for 135 euro

go home system transfer took ages

back to gamestop refund my old 3ds to get 135 back

all in the bloody heat was tired lol

(edit neogaf says dsi xl case will fit 3ds xl)

yup seems that it will its just 2mm thicker but its actually less wide lol
    dsi xl 162 x 92 x 20
    3ds xl 156 x 93 x 22

like the look of this one might get it if I cant find anything else http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0035LBLWW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Does anyone know how long the 99 euro deal is going on for?

• Advertisement

megaten wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long the 99 euro deal is going on for?

im going to gamestop tomorrow i will ask for you if you like

yup seems that it will its just 2mm thicker but its actually less wide lol
    dsi xl 162 x 92 x 20
    3ds xl 156 x 93 x 22

like the look of this one might get it if I cant find anything else http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0035LBLWW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

whats about this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0079GIVAO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OisinBoi

When you trade in the 3ds for the xl do you have to include the charger? I doubt you would as you would need it to charge the xl, but im just curious :P Going to get mine tomorrow :D

OisinBoi wrote: »
    When you trade in the 3ds for the xl do you have to include the charger? I doubt you would as you would need it to charge the xl, but im just curious :P Going to get mine tomorrow :D

Smyths had a deadly deal!!! 3dsxl a charger 2 5 euro vouchers and a loyalty card for smyths for 229 and the gave me 115 trade in for my 3ds :D
    Your gonna love the new system sits in your hands much better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Smyths had a deadly deal!!! 3dsxl a charger 2 5 euro vouchers and a loyalty card for smyths for 229 and the gave me 115 trade in for my 3ds :D

Sounds good! Thinking about trading mine in. What's their position on system transfer, do they let you do it in-store?

Sounds good! Thinking about trading mine in. What's their position on system transfer, do they let you do it in-store?

Tbh I don't know I transferred all mine to a different 3ds then to my xl

I didn't see that deal in symths :/ I saw 3DS + game for 260.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

I went with the Smyths deal too. best of the lot. In fact I went to HMV first to get the 229 with kid icarus but they wouldn't take my 3DS cuz the box was a mario edition one :rolleyes:

then gamestop wouldn't take it either cuz the game wasn't on their list :o THEN went to Smyths but never did the transfer :(

Am I right in thinking I can still do this from the old 3ds? I had eshop credit and 2 games - this data is stored on the 3ds or the SD card? the sd card on my old system is now formatted to a new user on that by Smyths. Is it possible to get this stuff back?! :confused::confused:

thanks

edit: oh the XL is a MASSIVE (pun intended) improvement on the standard model. Much more comfy and solid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

00sully wrote: »
    I went with the Smyths deal too. best of the lot. In fact I went to HMV first to get the 229 with kid icarus but they wouldn't take my 3DS cuz the box was a mario edition one :rolleyes:

then gamestop wouldn't take it either cuz the game wasn't on their list :o THEN went to Smyths but never did the transfer :(

Am I right in thinking I can still do this from the old 3ds? I had eshop credit and 2 games - this data is stored on the 3ds or the SD card? the sd card on my old system is now formatted to a new user on that by Smyths. Is it possible to get this stuff back?! :confused::confused:

thanks

edit: oh the XL is a MASSIVE (pun intended) improvement on the standard model. Much more comfy and solid :D

So how much did you have to pay after trading in your 3DS? and did you get a charger?

From the symths website W212_F_Image_3_22848.jpg

• Advertisement

So how much did you have to pay after trading in your 3DS? and did you get a charger?

the poster above is only one of the deals. they have another where you give in your 3ds and get the XL + a charger for €115 :)

HMV were offering a better deal if you wanted a game. €100 for your 3ds (boxed) then 1 game (kid iccarus/mario tennis and 2 others) and charger for €229. would have went with that if they had taken my 3ds!

Ohhhh. Yeah, it is the best, I suppose.

00sully wrote: »
    the poster above is only one of the deals. they have another where you give in your 3ds and get the XL + a charger for €115 :)

Cool, cheers lads, I'm going to walk up to Smyths and Gamestop now as long as it doesn't lash rain!

What colour did you get?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Ohhhh. Yeah, it is the best, I suppose.

Cloud have you picked yours up yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm away for the weekend, so I went to a different gamestop. Asked the guy behind the counter what's the best way to transfer content from my 3DS to XL. He looked be squarely in the eye and with conviction said:

They're stored in your nintendo account, so you can just download them again.

After correcting him, I just left. I'll make the trade in my local gamestop next week.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

How do people find the screen? Is there noticeable aliasing when in 3D mode? Does the screen go silvery when you turn on 3D mode? What about DS games? They look awful on the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Was in HMV Galway this morning, traded in my cosmos black for a more badass red-and-black XL. :cool: They give you €97 credit for the 3ds, so it works out at €112.99 (and you get a free charger). They also did a system transfer for me, so I'm well pleased.
    P.S. In the few minutes while I was there, someone was also getting an XL, and someone else was buying a regular one, so it seems the 3ds is pretty popular. :)

Cloud have you picked yours up yet?

Not yet. I didn't bring my 3DS charger with me yesterday, and I didn't bring enough cash. Maybe today.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm away for the weekend, so I went to a different gamestop. Asked the guy behind the counter what's the best way to transfer content from my 3DS to XL. He looked be squarely in the eye and with conviction said:

They're stored in your nintendo account, so you can just download them again.

After correcting him, I just left. I'll make the trade in my local gamestop next week.

they told me it was all on the SD card. in hindsight I shouldn't have listened to them but I did (had blinkered vision to getting the damn thing and getting home asap!) so now I'm stuck. Reckon I can still do the transfer?

got the red XL. class - the sweet spot for 3d is a bit wider now and the games look surprisingly well with the lower DPI. Even more comfortable for me with my small hands :eek:

• Advertisement

had an awful time in gamestop this morning

there no manager in limerick cresent gamestop for 3 weeks they have no internet

so i was going to do the 99 euro deal then buy back my old 3ds go home and do system transfer

then return old 3ds

but i cant aka no manager so i have to wait 3 weeks

Advertisement