Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

98FM thread.

• 16-03-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

What happened to it?
    Was interested in seeing if they replied to Gemha's points which I thought were well made, especially asking if they could commit to playing 2 irish songs an hour, one by a signed band and the other unsigned.

I'm assuming they deleted it themselves or can mods delete posts as well as blocking them?

A thread discussing the pros and cons of the prizes given out at most battle of the bands, usually involving 1-2 days recording would be interesting too. I'll see if I can dig up some of the offers from before.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

lOOK THIS GOES WAY DEEPER THAN YOU AND ME ALICE. Get away from that looking glass.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭raindog.promo

cloptrop wrote: »
    lOOK THIS GOES WAY DEEPER THAN YOU AND ME ALICE. Get away from that looking glass.:pac:

What have you got?
    Can I have some?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Id say 98fm pulled their ad stunt / attempt at looking credible when they seen it backfiring.
    Id say the thread starter is onto the boss saying he should think about playing some unsigned irish bands , he will then tell her no .
    Rhianna brings in the 14 year old girls and advertisers like to sell lip gloss.

I like lip gloss.

Tasty!

I was asked by a boards.ie employee to delete it as it was advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What happened to it?
    Was interested in seeing if they replied to Gemha's points which I thought were well made, especially asking if they could commit to playing 2 irish songs an hour, one by a signed band and the other unsigned.
    The thread was deleted because any poster who posts in an official capacity representing an organisation should have a verified representative account created for them.
    I'm assuming they deleted it themselves or can mods delete posts as well as blocking them?
    Users can't delete their own threads, mods can delete both threads and posts in forums they moderate. I'm not sure what you mean by blocking.

Malice wrote: »
    I'm not sure what you mean by blocking.

Typo! I meant "locking"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Typo! I meant "locking"

:)
    Ah, fair enough. I was confused because it comes up occasionally that people want threads blocked from appearing for them or e.g. in the Soccer forum, some people want others blocked from individual threads. None of that seemed to be applicable in this case ;).

Advertisement