Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Calling all Limerick County Businesses

Options
  • 08-04-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

<snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,113 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Should this not be in the Limerick County forum?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bazz26 wrote: »
    Should this not be in the Limerick County forum?

bazz, use the report.gif button if you think there's something amiss about a post/thread. Posts like that come across as back-seat-modding.

@ImDave, I've snipped your post because the forum is not supposed to be used as a notice-board for surveys.

If anyone wants to post a survey/questionnaire/appeal, etc, PM a mod first to make sure it's appropriate. I'll usually reply within a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I posted in the Limerick County forum also but was thinking that as businesses in areas such as Castletroy etc. fall into the remit of Limerick County Council, but would more than likely use the Limerick City boards, I thought I would post here also in order to gain maximum exposure to those falling into such areas.

EDIT: @Insect Overlord: Sorry I didn't do that prior to posting. Would you be able to have a look at it and taking the above into account consider re-posting?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

ImDave wrote: »
    I posted in the Limerick County forum also but was thinking that as businesses in areas such as Castletroy etc. fall into the remit of Limerick County Council, but would more than likely use the Limerick City boards, I thought I would post here also in order to gain maximum exposure to those falling into such areas.

EDIT: @Insect Overlord: Sorry I didn't do that prior to posting. Would you be able to have a look at it and taking the above into account consider re-posting?

That's kind of the problem Dave. Using the forum for maximum exposure takes the emphasis off discussion. The vast majority of companies who would complete your survey wouldn't even post here about it afterwards. I've left your post in the Limerick County forum.

I'll post a link to it here to re-direct traffic towards it, but in future I'd rather keep these kinds of threads to an absolute minimum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056233476

I had to explain it via PM to another student only yesterday. These boards are primarily for discussion, and not personal research projects. Compromises can be reached sometimes. A PM to the mods before posting can be all it takes.

Advertisement