Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• As long as SP is as strong in previous games, then ME3 can have MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah I wouldnt want mp either if it was gonna harm the sp.

Interesting point, mp would work for me2 but no way in hell for me1.

I wonder will there be more gameplay changes for me3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Sisko wrote: »
    The anti MP people sound like conspiracy theory nut jobs "impossible to add mp without it affecting the sp" "With cost trillions of dollar" bla bla bla

I remember lots of people saying the same thing when they announced multiplayer for Uncharted 2. Didn't seem to have much of an effect on that so I have faith that if it is in Mass Effect 3, then the single player won't suffer. Who knows, they could've been working on the multiplayer component while they were making 2.

Indeed and remember this is bioware we're talking about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

Jayd0g wrote: »
    The fact that I can choose to send the Doctor to her death to save the mission is a pretty big spoiler.
    Come on!
    I didn't say thats how you save the mission, just at the time i was thinking that there was no way i was jeopardising it for 1 person
    NotorietyH wrote: »
    I remember lots of people saying the same thing when they announced multiplayer for Uncharted 2. Didn't seem to have much of an effect on that so I have faith that if it is in Mass Effect 3, then the single player won't suffer. Who knows, they could've been working on the multiplayer component while they were making 2.

it might not affect the overall quality of the gameplay, but mp capable games are now almost notorious for having shorter campaigns. this is the fear many people have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'm fully in the "I don't want MP in Mass Effect" group. Too many games these days are tacking this crap on and completely ignoring the single player aspect of their games. Mass Effect does not need MP in any shape or form, it never has and never will. I don't buy Mass Effect games to play online. I buy them to enjoy the SP of the game, and get fully immersed in the world and characters of it.

MP has already ruined the FPS genre (yes there are people who still enjoy only SP FPS modes despite what developers seem to think), it should not be allowed to ruin ME as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I keep on reading people saying MP ads longevity,you know that to get the most out of Mass Effect you can have multible playthroughs of it making different choice thats real longevity not multiplayer that'll be forgotten well before the next ME series or inevitable MMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Very excited for this game. Should be epic.

If this was a modern warfare military shooter you guys would have a point but its not.

Will you all be like this for half life 4? Or do you trust valve? Wheres that trust in bioware?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Im worried because a week ago the EA Games president Frank Gibeau (and EA owns Bioware) stated:
    "It's one of my core cultural studio values to allow developers to decide more on what they want to build," he explains. "And a studio's creative call needs to be balanced against a commercial imperative, and if you look at online these days - that's the place to be."

"I volunteer you to speak to EA's studio heads; they'll tell you the same thing. They're very comfortable moving the discussion towards how we make connected gameplay -- be it co-operative or multiplayer or online services -- as opposed to fire-and-forget, packaged goods only, single-player, 25-hours-and you're out. I think that model is finished. Online is where the innovation, and the action, is at."

I just hop Bioware stand its ground and pushes for single player focus and if they do add MP, its well thought out and fits the game then just a thrown together mess of gameplay from the SP.

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch was just assets from the main game thrown into an arena, so probably didnt take much time or impact the development toomuch of HL2. it was also completely throw-away gaming, and quickly superceeded by CS:Source and TF2. Its if a deve team tries to put out a complex and through MP mode and has to pull resources and staff from the main SP game thats worries me.

Give me an amazing SP and no MP game than a mediocre SP and MP game.

• Advertisement

• Do we really have to spoiler things from ME2 or ME1 in a thread about ME3? If you haven't played the first or second, you really shouldn't be reading a thread based around the third installment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Mass effect 3
    elder scrolls V
    Portal 2
    Deus Ex 3 Liverpool:4

2011 looks better everyday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

smk89 wrote: »
    Mass effect 3
    elder scrolls V
    Portal 2
    Deus Ex 3 Liverpool:4

2011 looks better everyday!!

Add The Witcher 2,Dragon Age 2,Brink,Star Wars:The Old Republic,Crysis 2,Hitman 5(possibly),GTA 5(hopeful for some reason) and possibly more, and it's going to be a great year.

On topic, I loved 1(bar the elevator scenes),I loved 2 and can't wait for 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

titan18 wrote: »
    Add The Witcher 2,Dragon Age 2,Brink,Star Wars:The Old Republic,Crysis 2,Hitman 5(possibly),GTA 5(hopeful for some reason) and possibly more, and it's going to be a great year.

On topic, I loved 1(bar the elevator scenes),I loved 2 and can't wait for 3 now.

if gta (new one) turned up this year it would be best video game year in history, why hasnt it been announced yet its obvious they are working on it and have been for some time seeing as its their moneymaker

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The trailer for this fills me with a great hope.

The only problem is I keep on forgetting what happened, what is what and who is who in the between game gaps :pac:
    Everyone survived
    for me though, so I look forward to kicking some alien ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Yay. ME3.

That is all.

**** GTA, La Noire is where its at.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

New engine and you can see it on the ps3 first, the below was said on the bioware podcast.
    We’ve actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and use that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3. So we took the content and the story and all the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put them in the Mass Effect 3 engine. And that‘s what we are actually delivering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They've said already that it's a simultaneous release across all three platforms. No timed exclusives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Kiith wrote: »
    They've said already that it's a simultaneous release across all three platforms. No timed exclusives.

Yeah he's only talking about the ME3 Engine

Ah ok. Pc for me anyway :P

Totally random... (slight spoilers near the end of ME2)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Gief gears of war on the ps3.. then i can sell this xbox of mine !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Magill wrote: »

Never got the hype about Gears of War. Probably one of the most boring games I've played on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Varik wrote: »
    New engine and you can see it on the ps3 first, the below was said on the bioware podcast.
    I wouldn't get too excited about the "new engine" talk, from the IGN preview the two look extremely similar although I'd wait for the Digital Foundry comparison before passing any real judgement. Technically speaking I'd say they just realised there was no point in porting the existing ME2 engine to the PS3 when the ME3 engine was going to be ported so they chose the latter in it's current state as the platform to build the game. Either way, I'm just happy to see the PS3 isn't getting a ****ty port. :)
    Magill wrote: »
    That's about as likely as Resistance 3 coming to the 360 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I had a gander at IGN comparison too, PS3 defo looks sharper and has deeper colours. Slightly leaning towards the 360 version though.. Just something about it, colours might be a tad too deep on the PS3 or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

DarkJager wrote: »
    Never got the hype about Gears of War. Probably one of the most boring games I've played on the 360.

Dont get me wrong, im not saying its the best game EVER or anything ! Its just the only game i'll pick up on the xbox all year.. theres no other really good exclusives for the 360 this year from what i can see. I enjoyed the campaigns on the first 2 GOW games tho.

Varik wrote: »

The hell? Seems insane to make an entire new engine for it, I heard they spent a great deal of time tweaking the hell out of the unreal engine for me1 and more so for 2 so I imagine its just a further tweaked one for 3 rather then one totally done from scratch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gizmo wrote: »
    preview the two look extremely similar although I'd wait for the Digital Foundry comparison before passing any real judgement. Technically speaking I'd say they just realised there was no point in porting the existing ME2 engine to the PS3 when the ME3 engine was going to be ported so they chose the latter in it's current state as the platform to build the game. Either way, I'm just happy to see the PS3 isn't getting a ****ty port. :)

they're saying that it's the new engine with the current content and it probably is mostly to reduce the work load of getting 2 and 3 to the ps3 but is not like it could get worse(well it's unlikely).

One thing i think may be good is that they will continue to work on the engine for 3 so any improvements they find on the way may be applied to 2 or may not if they wanted to make 3 look that much better in comparison.

The only thing i can say is it's not a late port to a 360 game, they have done more than made a PS3 goty version which as i had the pc version may get me to buy this for the included DLC.

The only downsize i can think of is me2 dlc as i didn't think they were finished yet so they'll need to make a version for each engine.

Advertisement