Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    what kinda music do you like? where are you walking? is it safe to be listening to music...where i live its too dangerous to have ear phones in cos you cant hear the traffic, so i use the treadmill that way i can zone out to my "happy place" ...which is a night club dancing and drinking with friends :P

Lady Gaga - Born this way
    Rihianna - S&M
    Usher - DJ got us falling in love tonight
    Adele - Rolling in Deep
    Katy Perry (feat Kanye west) - ET
    Price Tag - Jessie J
    Pitbull - I know you want me
    Bruno Mars (feat B.OB) - The other side (from his new album)
    Kesha (feat Flo Rider) - Right Round
    Maroon 5 - Give me a litte more (from there new album)
    Sash (feat Stunt) - Raindrops
    Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me
    The Veronicas - Untouched
    Pink - Raise Your Glass

Have you got my ipod? :eek:

I also like J-Lo on the floor and SOS by Rihanna - its got such a fantastic beat to walk to!

I have most of that stuff on my study playlist, not a great idea cos it just makes me wanna go out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

misslt wrote: »
    Have you got my ipod? :eek:

I also like J-Lo on the floor and SOS by Rihanna - its got such a fantastic beat to walk to!

I have most of that stuff on my study playlist, not a great idea cos it just makes me wanna go out!!

my study music is more damien rice, glan hansard mellow stuff...that or i just throw on Animal planet in the background in the hope i'll learn something from the vet shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ugh. I fell off the wagon with a major bang this weekend. I'm not even going to bother listing what I ate (stopped tracking on Friday night) but needless to say, I'm WELL over my weeklies, by dozens if not more. I got that "well I've been this bad so I might as well keep going" attitude. Disgusted at myself :(

I also have my sister's wedding on Friday so it's going to be a looong weekend of celebrations. I don't think I'm going to bother with my WI tomorrow cos I'll possibly be up again next week. I'm just going to work my ass off until the wedding and even then, try to make good decisions over the weekend to try and undo some of the badness of this weekend.

You're not alone. I fell off the wagon big time on Friday and have only pulled myself back onto it today. Just back from 6km walk and outa the shower and feel great. Think I have put on 2lb put am going to go to my meeting anyway and you should too. For me, I know if I don't go, i'll think "ah sure I have a whole extra week, I can have this XXX and this XXX and then be good"... it's a slippery slope. I am going to my dads in Sligo this weekend and there will be a lot of eating and drinking but going to try and make good choices.

Just try and be really good before WI, that's what I am going to try and do. Going to have fruit salad and yoghurt for brekkie tomorrow and wednesday (WI that evening) and salad for lunch and hopefully I will be up only a lb or praying for STS but don't think that will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Confession time ppl :( Was really good last night and just had five thorntons chocolates for 9pp while I was watching telly, then the OH went to bed and there was nothing on the telly so I decided I'd make some soup for today, but while the soup was boiling, I had another slice of the lemon meringue pie :o:o My one saving grace is that I did track it but it also means that I used 22pp just on two slices of it yesterday :eek::eek:

Have been good today though, got up and went for a 5k walk, then cleaned my windows :D I think I'm going to have to throw the pie out though, I can hear it calling me now through the kitchen door. Going to ask the OH if he's going to eat it and if not, it's in the bin - I'll just won't tell my mam ;)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Confession time ppl :( Was really good last night and just had five thorntons chocolates for 9pp while I was watching telly, then the OH went to bed and there was nothing on the telly so I decided I'd make some soup for today, but while the soup was boiling, I had another slice of the lemon meringue pie :o:o My one saving grace is that I did track it but it also means that I used 22pp just on two slices of it yesterday :eek::eek:

Have been good today though, got up and went for a 5k walk, then cleaned my windows :D I think I'm going to have to throw the pie out though, I can hear it calling me now through the kitchen door. Going to ask the OH if he's going to eat it and if not, it's in the bin - I'll just won't tell my mam ;)

GOOD FOR YOU! It may be heaven on a plate...but you'll kick your self if you have another slice...you'll enjoy it for 2 minutes...but curse your self for the rest of the week. and at least its a family recipe...so its not like you can never have it again :) did you tell her you were doing ww? see if you can tweak it and make it a low pp value version

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Hey all,
    I drank a heap of vino in me mates garden Saturday and was incredibly hungover yesterday - the biggest challenge situation for me.
    Was very close to getting a takeaway but made some oven chips and donegal catch instead with some Dunnes veggi spring rolls to start.
    Did make a cheese toastie (ww cheddar) later so I'd say I went over by 10pp or more and considering my weeklies were gone on the vino I couldn't really afford that.
    However I got out today and did another hour walk (just under 7 kms) and going to put it behind me. If I didn't sure I'd just eat more crap today.
    it's so important to just put the bad days behind and not get caught in that vicious cycle of staying off the wagon because of one fall off.
    I toally agree the meetings are vital too as you just tend to eat crap all week and see it as an extra week or something.
    Going to treat myself to a nice low point dinner like more dunnes veggie spring rolls (2pp per roll) and then M&S chilli prawns (4pp for a whole pack of King prawns). YUM!!

just had "my" easter egg.....well my version....haha had a brown granery bread roll....i caved it was talking me to...came off the treadmill and i was RAVENOUS! pointed it 5pp...disgusted 5pp on 2 seconds of food.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

This is the lightest I've been in over 9 yrs so why am I sabotaging myself I've had a 5 day binge haven't been able to stop Thursday to today it's really upsetting me coz I don't know why I'm doing it, one sec I'll be like what the frig is wrong with me gotta be good then the next breath practically I'm reaching for the crisps and Choc feel rotten for it to which makes it worse
    
    It's my TOTM I'm not usually this bad with them I feel out of control!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Guys,

we're have a chinese take away tonight.

does anyone know the points for the following:

Chicken noodle soup
    hot/sour soup
    chicken curry
    deep fried shredded chilli honey chicken
    fried king prawn in sweet and sour sauce
    king prawn curry

thanks

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Guys,

we're have a chinese take away tonight.

does anyone know the points for the following:

Chicken noodle soup
    hot/sour soup
    chicken curry
    deep fried shredded chilli honey chicken
    fried king prawn in sweet and sour sauce
    king prawn curry

thanks

Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup 6
    Spring Roll 9 each
    Seaweed (deep fried) 9
    Hot and Sour Soup 4
    Prawn Crackers (average portion) 9
    Sesame Prawn Fingers 3 each

Mains ProPoints values
    Char Sui Pork 11
    Chicken and Cashew Nuts 9
    Chicken with Mushroom 8
    Mushroom Chow Mein 6
    Mushroom Foo Yung 6
    Roast Pork Cantonese Style 10
    Special Chow Mein 9
    Szechuan Prawn with Vegetables 12
    Vegetable Curry 8
    Lemon Chicken 10

boiled rice is about 10 - 12pp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Bleh, feeling awful today. Have absolutely no appetite which is probably a good thing after the weekend :rolleyes:

Am way over my points after the booze and hangover food yesterday and then today I have had half a sesame bagel (3pp) and a WW tomato soup (2pp). I feel like I have a lump of cement in the pit of my stomach. Am milling into the green tea and water to try and flush my system out.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭sparkydee

Well my WI is tomorrow. Am really nervous drank a lot of wine over the weekend plus I went for a Chinese on thursday night:( I had a half bottle of wine with sweet and sour chicken and fried rice. I'm trying to ignore how many PP's were in that!
    The only thing im hoping that all the exercise I did in the last week might balance it off. These bank holidays make it hard to keep on track especially with all my family scoffing on Easter eggs around me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

misslt wrote: »
    I had such a fab dinner and and my Easter egg...so full! I have about 20 weeklies left too so going to have myself a small mojito...that I have no idea how to point, no-one seems to know :D

Up early tomorrow for a walk and get at the books, looking forward to a productive day after a lazy weekend :)

Hey Missit,
    I'm a major mojito fan. Points wise depends how ya make them.
    They are supposed to be made with soda water 0pp, mint and lime 0pp and then whatever rum you choose so just point each shot of rum and that's it.
    I don't add sugar to mine as I love the mint&lime taste but obviously point that if you do. I think it's a pretty good drink points wise compared to others and as it;s a cocktail you feel like you're getting more for it?
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mcb81

just had my first take away since christmas eve - a chinese 3 in 1 with onions absolutely gorgeous, had all my weeklies left so i enjoyed it guilt free.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I was bold Fri and Sun but was really good sat and today points wise had some of my dailies left. Went for 6k walk and boxing class so hopefully I'll sts or be down. WI not till Thurs morning so loads of time to eat good and go on loads of extra walks

just had a mountain of food for dinner and all for 13pp! THIRTEEN!

1 Large Chicken Breast (175g) - 4pp
    300g Baby potatos boiled - 6pp
    50g frozen corn - 1pp
    50g frozen peas - 1pp
    Chicken gravy made is 1 table spoon of granules 1pp

I had the chicken breast marinading all after noon in 2 table spoons of dijion mustard, garlic, red onion, black pepper, chili, sea salt, and dash of white wine vinegar. I didnt bother pointing the mustard in the marinade cos nearly all the marinade was thrown out.

the peas and corn were weighed before cooking, while still frozen.

Grilled the chicken on George foreman.

omg mountain of food :O it barly fitted on the plate...THIRTEEN PP...

and my mum just walked in just as i was finishing and asked what smelt so good hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Just had a fabulous beef stir fry..6 weeklies left so I might have a sneaky creme egg...thank god I'm weighing in the morning, only way I'll lose anything!

Want my next silver 7 by 9th may, 5lb to go and 2 more WI's...will be tough but I plan to be 300% good next week and the week after! I have so much study to do I wont have time to eat so I should be okay :P

Hope everyone had a good weekend whether or not ye stayed on the wagon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hi all,
    well I fell off the wagon, hit another one on the way down and fell off that too!!! I did keep the exercise up as much as I could but dont think it will make much diff, feckin easter eggs!!! grrrr so annoyed with myself, I was on WW last easter and didnt have any!!...well it wasnt just the eggs, it was the bbq's and the cold beer and pizza's etc etc etc....done and dusted so no point getting stresses I suppose, just face the scales and make the effort... I think the closer I get to goal the more lenient I get with my food, also people telling me that I look great so it sinks in "ah sure I'm grand now" slippery slope...and I have 13lbs to go plus another few for my own goal...anyway new day tmr...
    plus Eircom sucks you forgot me too!!! I PM'd you also...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

1st weigh in tomorrow am dreading it was so good until Saturday and then yesterday was a disaster and then there was last night and today hasn't been great, I've exercised a lot but I'm so far beyond counting propoints its a joke, gonna go to the weigh in tomorrow anyway and shame myself might encourage to behave a BIT better next wekend!! and going to invest in a calculator :)

intouch44 wrote: »
    and going to invest in a calculator :)

So, so worth it.

Also, do you have a food scales? If not, you should really get one. I find WW impossible to do properly without them. Its also quite shocking to see the real portion sizes we should be eating :P

• Advertisement

Chinafoot wrote: »
    So, so worth it.

Also, do you have a food scales? If not, you should really get one. I find WW impossible to do properly without them. Its also quite shocking to see the real portion sizes we should be eating :P

get a digital kitchen scales! they are invaluable!

get a digital kitchen scales! they are invaluable!

Yup, I have one of the Salter ones. Think it was €30 in Argos. A scales is an absolute must have.

intouch44 wrote: »
    and going to invest in a calculator :)

or if oyu have a smart phone, save one of the many online WW calculators as a favorite and you'll always have a calculator available;)

or if oyu have a smart phone, save one of the many online WW calculators as a favorite and you'll always have a calculator available;)

You need to be careful with these though. I had one for a bit that was underpointing on some things and overpointing on others when I compared it to the WW calculator.

Yup, I have one of the Salter ones. Think it was €30 in Argos. A scales is an absolute must have.

salter are great brand...they last forever

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Yep I have a scales, wouldn't have a hope of staying on track otherwise!!! Speaking of scales I haven't actually weighed myself at all this week very unusual for me!!!

You need to be careful with these though. I had one for a bit that was underpointing on some things and overpointing on others when I compared it to the WW calculator.

i think if you have a android/iphone its worth just gettin the ww app.

Cant freakin wait for my one to arrive....gotta work for it....4.4lbs till i get to 3 stone down! God i'd love nice big number this week...i've gone thru the whole weekend and only use 3 of my weeklies! and earned 18 activity pp

i think if you have a android/iphone its worth just gettin the ww app.

there is a WW Calculator for WP7 phones to but ... I cant order anythin at the mo as my profile keeps defaulting to UK grrrrr

does anyone have a reliable WW calculator website that people could use on their smart phones?

there is a WW Calculator for WP7 phones to but ... I cant order anythin at the mo as my profile keeps defaulting to UK grrrrr

does anyone have a reliable WW calculator website that people could use on their smart phones?

I have a HTC Desire and thought the official WW app was currently only available on iPhone. Could be wrong though. I'm happy enough with my calculator and notebook :)

• Advertisement

I have a HTC Desire and thought the official WW app was currently only available on iPhone. Could be wrong though. I'm happy enough with my calculator and notebook :)

ww are bringing out official ww app for Windows Mobile and android soon.

but there are paid ww apps on android market website at the moment

hey GTI take a look over at the telecommunications forum on here...i say they'll be able to help ya about about setting up profile. you get the phone from the uk?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement