Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks Boxoff had to be done as lucozade would've really set me back if I kept drinking it! It's no coincidence that I was at my heaviest during my leaving cert so I'm being good enough so far with low point snacks and carrot soup :)

Well done on your amazing loss :D Would love a massive loss like that! It's great when your good weeks eventually catch up with the scales. Keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well...after all my moaning (:o) this morning, I was down 1.5lbs this evening. I had been hoping for more (since my weight loss has been slow so far) but after weighing myself this morning and thinking I hadn't lost anything, I'm definitely happy :) I've only lost 5.5lbs in 5 weeks but I'm still staying positive. At least the scales are going in the right direction.

I have to say, I've never had this motivation before. I know it's only 5 weeks in, but usually I get bored after 2 or 3 weeks. Even when I'm feeling discouraged, this thread really is a life saver and gives me a proper kick up the arse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well...after all my moaning (:o) this morning, I was down 1.5lbs this evening. I had been hoping for more (since my weight loss has been slow so far) but after weighing myself this morning and thinking I hadn't lost anything, I'm definitely happy :) I've only lost 5.5lbs in 5 weeks but I'm still staying positive. At least the scales are going in the right direction.

I have to say, I've never had this motivation before. I know it's only 5 weeks in, but usually I get bored after 2 or 3 weeks. Even when I'm feeling discouraged, this thread really is a life saver and gives me a proper kick up the arse :D

Well done, your positive outlook is great, I'm the exact same,I'm so surprised at my motivation this time around. I'm losing it slowly but I keep telling myself its not a race,and its all in the right direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

DAMN IT! had a good breakfast, lunch and dinner...and even did 40 mins on treadmill even tho really wasnt in the mood....and i got loads of study in.....and what did i go eat.....a load of bloody chocolate chip cookies....like the whole packet! i told my self i'd have ONE....and couldnt fecking stop....dunk dunk dunk dunk into the coffee!

DAMN IT!

i say thats all my weeklies gone on biscuits! ah well whats done is done!

going to be good for the rest of the week and keep clocking up the km on treadmill!

its thought me a lesson tho...i feel so gross and blaaaaaaaah now

we were out of milk this morning.....so didnt have my usual breakfast and i think that thew me for the day LOL

plus was studyin my least favourite freaking subject...ah who am i kidding....i wanted cookies! i had 8 dailies left after dinner....so at least that covered some of the cookies....and i have 15 activity pp clocked up since sunday....and had 3/4s of my weeklies left....so i am covered.....but still didnt like wasting....god knows how many pp on fecking junk

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Hi all,

I know they are not as nice as the ones you make yourself but Findus do a frozen chicken fajitta wrap that you can heat up in the microwave (2mins)

4 pp for 1 or 9pp for 2 great with a salad for a quick low point lunch

Yep 4 pp including the wrap and filling............

A perfect thing to keep in the freezer for emergencies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

Down 1 lb today

Also had my assessment in the gym today and he was giving me some tips about my diet, he said
    -you should drink 3l of water a day! (i will be in and out of bathroom all day!)
    -eat little meals more often, so your metabolism never has to slow down
    -try not to eat carbs (except rice and noodles) after 2pm
    -eat lots of protein
    -take a fish oil supplement, apparently it helps target belly fat ;)

he's going to do me up a food plan in a few weeks, so i'll try and work it in to ww

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Becky85 wrote: »
    Down 1 lb today

Also had my assessment in the gym today and he was giving me some tips about my diet, he said
    -you should drink 3l of water a day! (i will be in and out of bathroom all day!)
    -eat little meals more often, so your metabolism never has to slow down
    -try not to eat carbs (except rice and noodles) after 2pm
    -eat lots of protein
    -take a fish oil supplement, apparently it helps target belly fat ;)

he's going to do me up a food plan in a few weeks, so i'll try and work it in to ww

Did he specify what type of noodles?? So don't eat bread, porridge, potatoes and pasta after 2? Thanks!

Pembily wrote: »
    Did he specify what type of noodles?? So don't eat bread, porridge, potatoes and pasta after 2? Thanks!

Nope he didn't say presume the brown ones are best

no potatoes and pasta after 2 will be tricky for me, but suppose it makes sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

dammitj wrote: »
    I totally agree with you.
    Some folks don't seem to mind coz they just get weighed, listen to whatever she says at the meeting, and then leave. But if you do want some sort of motivation or guidance then you're just not getting it.
    Hence why I come on here to get all that!
    You guys should be getting paid!!

I haven't been on here since before the weekend but a friend of mine was doing WW for ages, loved her leader & lost loadsa weight but then her 2 sisters decided to join and rather than the 3 of them paying €30 a week to go, they started doing it themselves at home. They'd each pay €5 a week to WI then every 4 weeks whoever had lost the most weight would win the money...it was a great incentive and someone would come out with €60 a month from it - nice lil treat to buy yrself something after yr good losses...Maybe if you knew any of the girls from your class you could do this and then just use the thread for tips etc!! I'd do it myself if there was anyone doing it within my family / friends - only my MIL doing it and i'd be down €20 a month against her every month - she has great willpower!!

Nope he didn't say presume the brown ones are best

no potatoes and pasta after 2 will be tricky for me, but suppose it makes sense!

I can't imagine the wheat noodles brown or not are good after 2, the brown rice noodles are great :D It's amazing how fast you get used to not having carbs! Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Pembily wrote: »
    I can't imagine the wheat noodles brown or not are good after 2, the brown rice noodles are great :D It's amazing how fast you get used to not having carbs! Best of luck :)

i'd have nothing on my plate without carbs....salad just doesn't cut it for me...

Oh god I simply could not go without carbohydrates after 2pm, I'd eat up eating my body weight in chocolate by that night. I'd be interested in the fish oils though, would that be your standard cod liver oil I wonder?

m'lady wrote: »
    Oh god I simply could not go without carbohydrates after 2pm, I'd eat up eating my body weight in chocolate by that night. I'd be interested in the fish oils though, would that be your standard cod liver oil I wonder?

Sorry meant to say concentrate omega 3 fish oils

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i'd have nothing on my plate without carbs....salad just doesn't cut it for me...

Yeah I have no idea how that one will work, maybe I'll start having my main meal at lunch, going again tomorrow so I'll ask some more questions. He did say not to change my diet too much for the time being as well as the exercise or my body won't know what to do with itself. Maybe I'll try it a couple of days a week and see how I get on

Sorry meant to say concentrate omega 3 fish oils

Ah cool,thanks a mill,might try pick up some tomorrow. My tummy is my pain problem area. Even now with going to the gym I feel like I'm starting to get some definition in my legs and shoulder area but my tummy is still struggling to get some shape!

Ah cool,thanks a mill,might try pick up some tomorrow. My tummy is my pain problem area. Even now with going to the gym I feel like I'm starting to get some definition in my legs and shoulder area but my tummy is still struggling to get some shape!

holland and barret have the omega 3 in 1, its 3 6 and 9 together (i'm on cocktail of all sorts of vitamins and supplements...which i forgot this morning so may have added to my crappy humour all day)
    http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=658&prodid=697&cid=158&sid=0

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

hey all, just a quick update on my new amazing bra (enell sports bra) did a zumba class tonight and no bounce what so ever!! that has never happened...EVER!! I kept looking down at my boobs thinking I was in someone else's body!!!
    re the carbs, I rarely have carbs in the evening, think it really helps, I etiher have salad or millions of veg or butternut squash chips, but no rice spuds or noodles, it was difficuly in the begining but well used to it now.

had a yummy lunch today, ww wrap ,i sprinkle them with a bit of water and zap them for 10 seconds in the micro, makes them easier to wrap, but yeah they are a bit brittle! small tin of tuna, bit of light mayo, big handfull of rocket and some crushed wallnuts...delish! looks very fancy smancy too :D

well done on the fab losses, my WI is tmr eve...fingers crossed....

my shopping list tomorrow

http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=146&prodid=421&cid=17&sid=0

Apparently women hold all their stress in their "spare tyre" didn't know I was so stressed!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    holland and barret have the omega 3 in 1, its 3 6 and 9 together (i'm on cocktail of all sorts of vitamins and supplements...which i forgot this morning so may have added to my crappy humour all day)

Cool. I'm on 'pharmaton', I'm wondering if that has fish oils in it already, I must check the box. I'm the same lainy, I'm like a cow on legs all day and so not bothered doing anything. Have wi tomorrow,and am absolutely dreading it. Haven't been to the gym all week because I hurt my back, and feel like I've been cheating a lot, you know the way we can sometimes *forget* to put stuff on our tracker, I reckon I've forgot about 50 pp worth of crap!

You would be surprised how quickly you get used to eating less carbs! My food for tomorrow B-sausages & beans(7pp) 2 ryvita (2pp), L- cod with sauce and cauliflower and broccoli (5pp), D- vegetable curry with quionia (8pp)! Normally have carbs for breakfast or lunch but generally only have one portion bar crackers!? I can't eat any more as it messes with my IBS!

• Advertisement

ugh i can feel all the sugar from those damn cookies floating around....wont sleep a wink tonight!

well thats my lesson learned...only enjoyed the cookies for a few mins but feeling crap and big as a whale after eating....i LIKE feeling healthy....fingers crossed i can stay good for the rest of the week and get another lb saturday 1.5lb i be thrilled with.....

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hey anyone know any good sambo/wrap ideas that I could use Ballymaloe country relish in picked up a lil jar in dunnes to try it (don't want it just sitting in the press) want to try something different for lunch tomoro

I'd kill for 2 lbs tomorrow,that would be my first stone,but am not too hopeful, but ya never know!

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey anyone know any good sambo/wrap ideas that I could use Ballymaloe country relish in picked up a lil jar in dunnes to try it (don't want it just sitting in the press) want to try something different for lunch tomoro

It's absolutely gorgeous with cheese and lettuce! I know it sounds boring, but its really nice.

That's the only thing I haven't got in the house

That's the only thing I haven't got in the house

What about a little chicken and salad?

if you're feeling adventurous i use it with tuna sometimes instead of mayo! or lovely with turkey or chicken

Thanks girls had a salad today so wanted a carb for tomoro am gonna have it with chicken, loads of lettuce & onion on a wrap

Oh god I feel like crying, just realised that I've been putting my weekly's that I've used on the quick track on the first day of week in my journal, thought I had a few left by looking at the boxes, it turns out I've used 69 weekly's. I'm so annoyed at myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Someone asked me in work today if i'm taking weightloss supplements or meal replacements shakes... I was soo happy with that and really proud that i cud say 'no,just watching what i eat and plenty excersise :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement