Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Garda Reserves meeting with the super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭RUNNER 1

you here anythin about ur 2nd meeting coolock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

Nothing yet runner,, hoping it be soon tho I want thing to keep moving

Im sure it will be soon , how u got on with stage one for full time ? that verbal was hard

Yeah I found it difficult enough won't hold me breathe to be honest

still nothing from the inspector been 6 weeks now

Your local checks still havent cleared maybe or he could be really busy. give it another week or 2 id say you will here somthing , how sis you get on in the test for full time ?

Grand. Ah I failed on verbal reasoning got something like 3400 and needed 3500 to pass it ah well I have applied for West Midlands police in England

I made band 1 meself duno will i get to stage 3 . good stuff , im guna go for uk force if i dont get in here soon.

Fair play mate. Wats the next tests? Tell me is the local checks the last checks and wat are they ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AaronMul1

Do you not need 3 years residence in England + being a special police constable to get into the british police? Btw dont be worried about the few weeks wait for the interview lol, its the 7 month wait to get to the medical!

theres a few forces will take u on without the residency,, yeah that's why I am desperate to get the interviews out of the way

coolock94 wrote: »
    theres a few forces will take u on without the residency,, yeah that's why I am desperate to get the interviews out of the way

yeah they're well equipped the WMP, yeah, maybe leave it like your man said about 1-2 weeks and then maybe give them a call, or send the Super a letter/email etc.

More online tests man , ahhh the local checks are just the start im afaid . ya there is 14 uk forces that will take irish people and a Special over there is like being a Reserve here so makes no difference apart when at interview stage, again just like here

oh I see so its the local the super signs off if they like u and it allows them to check the rest then once that's done it medical............. well best of luck pal

Coolock its not guna be this year for sure , 2015 ul be in , there waste of time here . thanks i need it .

Yeah I'll just be patient

Well the interviews are over for the reserves met the inspector on Friday last. He was very impressed he said and he is writing a report on me and is strongly recommending me for the reserves. So wat next wat can I expect in the next few months ?

coolock94 wrote: »
    Well the interviews are over for the reserves met the inspector on Friday last. He was very impressed he said and he is writing a report on me and is strongly recommending me for the reserves. So wat next wat can I expect in the next few months ?
    Exact same thing was said to me so you can expect a 6 month wait now :/ that's the average time, it took me 7 months and I was lucky it only took that long so just put it out of your head for the next while. Once you're cleared for medical everything will move quickly

I rang HRM no classes again till 2015 or medicals coz of the full time early next year you might here somthing i myself droped out the race not bothered with the waiting will try UK fulltime and try again here for full time

**** sake thats a joke. I'm awaiting reply from Wiltshire pcso will find out on paddys day if I have an interview

Ino its **** man , well good luck with it , just be doin somthing else well you wait for the reserve there goin to keep mean goin they told me but im hopen il have got sumwer this year

im gonna ring hq and talk to them don't fancy wasting a year waiting,, hopin to get the pcso in Wiltshire its full time so best of luck anyways