Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeder - August 3rd 2012 - The Academy

• 16-03-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Just saw this even on Songkick and ticketmaster.

No announcement but tickets are €30.

Hope to go myself, this group always puts on a great show! This tour is in support of their new album "Generation Freakshow"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Might go as I've somehow never made it to one of their own shows. Doubt it'll sell out too quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Mushy wrote: »
    Might go as I've somehow never made it to one of their own shows. Doubt it'll sell out too quickly.

same as you Mush - I quite like some of their stuff and meant to go to the last Academy date but couldn't, cool....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen them at Oxegen a few years ago and they were brilliant . Def gonna hit this gig up , unless they do Indiependance festival which is the same weekend:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Seen them the last 2 times and they have been great both times, one of the best live bands I have seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Should be getting a ticket myself.

Never seen them live but always hear good things from their shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Count me in :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Great live band, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Timmaay wrote: »

Anyone reckon it will sell out tonight?

I don't think I'll be able to get my ticket until tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Doubt it will sell out, never does! I will get my ticket Thursday when I get paid!

Just bagged myself a ticket today.

See ya all there:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭monthehoops

That's around the same weekend as indiependence...

That's around the same weekend as indiependence...

Yup im holding off to see if they get announced for Indie

Yup im holding off to see if they get announced for Indie

Ooooh that would be epic! Pity Delorentos wont be able to go back to Independence this year!

Ooooh that would be epic! Pity Delorentos wont be able to go back to Independence this year!

Why not?

Why not?

They'll be over in Spain the same weekend, http://www.last.fm/festival/3156472+Santander+Music+2012

Why not?

They'll be over in Spain the same weekend, http://www.last.fm/festival/3156472+Santander+Music+2012
    I wouldn't let that rule them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

So is anyone else coming along to Feeder tonight?

I'm guessing they;ll be showcasing the new album. Its not bad, very safe though. Cant wait for tonight. been YONKS since I saw them!

Cant wait, 3rd Feeder gig tonight. Been to the last 2 Academy shows, always epic

• Advertisement

First time seeing Feeder so I am quite excited.

Would like them to do some old material along with the new album.

New album is quite safe, would agree on that but there's far worse out there.

Just came across a recent setlist, might give us an idea of what to expect. About half of the new album is omitted from this.

Feeling A Moment
    Renegades
    Pushing The Senses
    Tumble & Fall
    Tiny Minds
    This Town
    Down To The River
    Just The Way I'm Feeling
    Buck Rogers
    Oh My
    Insomnia
    Yesterday Went Too Soon
    Idaho
    Borders
    High
    Generation Freakshow

Encore:

Just A Day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

karaokeman wrote: »
    Just came across a recent setlist, might give us an idea of what to expect. About half of the new album is omitted from this.

Feeling A Moment
    Renegades
    Pushing The Senses
    Tumble & Fall
    Tiny Minds
    This Town
    Down To The River
    Just The Way I'm Feeling
    Buck Rogers
    Oh My
    Insomnia
    Yesterday Went Too Soon
    Idaho
    Borders
    High
    Generation Freakshow

Encore:

Just A Day

Hmmm. That kinda settles an argument I was havving with a mate last night. I thought that they cut the gig short. When people were chanting for old sings, and grant said back to the crowd, "We came here to play new music" and then they just played Just a day and finished the gig, I was thinking they were just ending it. But my buddy said the whole tour had been a short set list. They werent on for very long.

Still though, cracking gig. And how much fun was Grant Nichols having? He couldnt stop smiling! :D

Great gig. Setlist was

Feeling A Moment
    Renegades
    Pushing The Senses
    Tumble & Fall
    Tiny Minds
    This Town
    Down To The River
    Just The Way I'm Feeling
    Buck Rogers
    Oh My
    Insomnia
    Idaho
    Borders
    High
    Generation Freakshow

Encore:
    Children Of The Sun
    Sunrise
    Just a Day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Skinfull wrote: »
    Hmmm. That kinda settles an argument I was havving with a mate last night. I thought that they cut the gig short. When people were chanting for old sings, and grant said back to the crowd, "We came here to play new music" and then they just played Just a day and finished the gig, I was thinking they were just ending it. But my buddy said the whole tour had been a short set list. They werent on for very long.

Still though, cracking gig. And how much fun was Grant Nichols having? He couldnt stop smiling! :D

I think Grant was pointing to these shows being showcases for the new stuff before the full Tour starting Nov - at least that's the way I was reading it, wasn't the longest gig I've been to but 18 songs can hardly be called short - just maybe shorter than they normally do ?

anyway, I thought they were great, crowd was a little quiet at times, and crazy at others ;-))))

Great gig, didn't go through the motions at all both bands appeared to want the crowd to get going.

It was short I agree but Feeder didn't talk to the crowd much barr thanking everyone for coming, and for saying something about a few of the songs first. I've been to gigs where the bands talked for ages, that and the fact they played maybe 3-4 more songs (22 song setlist) made their gigs seem longer than Feeder's.

But the crowd got into it at every point where Grant paused on his guitar and Karl banged away at his drums. Talking isn't the only way to get a crowd going, sometimes knowing when exactly to go mad on the instruments can be just as beneficial.

18 songs wasn't too bad, was quite cool they did three songs for the encore, Children of The Sun was prob the highlight for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Were there many at it?

Seen them at INDIE on sat night and were great , although i think for a festival they might have played a few too many new album songs ,could have thrown in a few other classics

Were there many at it?

300 perhaps?

It was a very small crowd from what I saw.

• Advertisement

karaokeman wrote: »
    300 perhaps?

It was a very small crowd from what I saw.

Jaysus thats a bad turn out

Advertisement