Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sarsfield Bridge

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Doesn't seem that way by your posting to be fair.

I've said and I'll say it again - I'VE NO PROBLEM with it - I've even said that it's long overdue.

What I've said and others have backed me up, is the lack of organisation that the City Council use when dealing with road upgrades.

The Post article stated

"Senior engineer with Limerick City Council, Pat Eyres, told the Limerick Post that the work will be carried out at low tide periods during the summer months.

Mr Eyres explained that work will have to be carried out to the parapets of the bridge, as well as to underground water works.

Mr Eyres said that when the lamps are removed for restoration and upgrading works, consideration will also be given to the restoration of the bridge footpaths, in line with the council’s ongoing work on the riverside restoration works.

Asked if the work involved will necessitate a closure of the bridge for any length of time, Mr Eyres confirmed there will be “minimal disruption”.

Everyone happy now? lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

LB6 wrote: »
    I agree it's progress and very necessary - but wait till you see the inept way that they are going to manage the traffic system while the bridge is incapacitated!

Your posts make no sense.I think you were just looking for something to rant about to be honest.

How would you propose them carrying out work without the bridge being closed?
    What traffic system would you like to see in place?
    How long do you think this work should take?
    If you accept that the bridge has to be closed,what kind of diversions would you like to see?

You'd complain if this work wasn't done and then caused a major issue down the road.

Focus on the solution,not the problem

"Your posts make no sense.I think you were just looking for something to rant about to be honest."

Rubbish comment - like I said - just putting the information out there for people who read the boards.

"How would you propose them carrying out work without the bridge being closed?"

Never said that the bridge shouldn't be closed - they said that there would be "minimal disruption". TBH - can't see minimal disruption on a bridge that carries that volume of traffic.

"How long do you think this work should take?"

I am not a construction engineer so that's a question that you should ask Limerick City Council Engineers.

"What traffic system would you like to see in place?
    If you accept that the bridge has to be closed,what kind of diversions would you like to see?"

Diversions, shut the bridge at either end. Divert traffic either up to Thomond Bridge or down to Shannon Bridge. Simple. Everywhere that is accessible coming off Sarsfield Bridge is also accessible coming off the other two bridges.

"You'd complain if this work wasn't done and then caused a major issue down the road."

Claptrap! - I am NOT complaining!

"Focus on the solution,not the problem "

OK relax - I've given you the solutions! lol Now, do I get a LCC salary for telling them how to organise the traffic diversions? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Can someone lock this thread, or at least delete the crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

"Your posts make no sense.I think you were just looking for something to rant about to be honest."

Rubbish comment - like I said - just putting the information out there for people who read the boards.

"How would you propose them carrying out work without the bridge being closed?"

Never said that the bridge shouldn't be closed - they said that there would be "minimal disruption". TBH - can't see minimal disruption on a bridge that carries that volume of traffic.

"How long do you think this work should take?"

I am not a construction engineer so that's a question that you should ask Limerick City Council Engineers.

"What traffic system would you like to see in place?
    If you accept that the bridge has to be closed,what kind of diversions would you like to see?"

Diversions, shut the bridge at either end. Divert traffic either up to Thomond Bridge or down to Shannon Bridge. Simple. Everywhere that is accessible coming off Sarsfield Bridge is also accessible coming off the other two bridges.

"You'd complain if this work wasn't done and then caused a major issue down the road."

"Focus on the solution,not the problem "

OK relax - I've given you the solutions! lol Now, do I get a LCC salary for telling them how to organise the traffic diversions? :D

You were complaining though. At least, the style of your first few posts suggested it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Really?

With an opening post like that, it's fair to say that most readers would get the impression that you just wanted to rant/vent/complain. Little red angry face should not be used lightly. ;)

Now, can posters please focus on the issue of the bridge/repairs/traffic issues? This could be a useful thread (like the Sarsfield Street thread last year) could be pretty good if people weren't taking it so personally.

Thank you.

Still feel like it was a thread that turned into a shoot the poster not the post!

Advertisement