Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have your kids uwrapped their presents yet?

• 25-12-2009 6:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

As the title says, have your kids uwrapped their presents yet? Have they reacted as you hoped?

Isn't Christmas just lovely when you have children in the house?

PS I am sitting here on my own in my apartment semi-naked on my third bottle of wine. Kids. DROOOOOOL.

EDIT: Just kidding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

1) yes 2) no 3) no

i hate kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭carefulnow99

not drinkin wine but im drinkin myway through a box of miller...i cant relate to kids but i can relate to the drinking ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

not drinkin wine but im drinkin myway through a box of miller...i cant relate to kids but i can relate to the drinking ha!

Well I have a lovely niece and I spent last Christmas with her, and I was once a kid myself. :)

I can remember how amazing Christmas morning was. I'm not sure if anything in adulthood reaches those heights of (innocent) excitement.

fack this boy's merry crimbo to everyone and their familes,,hope you all have a great day and everything goes well for everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Pdfile wrote: »
    1) yes 2) no 3) no

i hate kids.

your name would suggest otherwise :eek:

• Advertisement

haha great spot there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i guess the micheal jackson outfit wouldn't say otherwise either... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

nope... Cos i haven't let them out of the basement yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

Yep, just finished the dinner there now, we'll have the trifle later, still a bit stuffed at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Rosemary Beautiful Marmoset

They're waiting until I get home from work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

My kids are way too hungover to open their presents yet, I doubt very much I'll see them before noon and even then that'll be too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes they were up at 7:45 which isn't that bad and are happy with thier presents,
    as for me I want to go back to bed for a nap already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Kids were up at 8, darling son is getting annoyed at his super mario game !! They were pleased with what they got !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I was dragged up by my sister at 7.30 when we emptied out our christmas stockings while sitting on my parents' bed (I got a tiara! \o/) then we went downstairs and my dad gave out all the presents under the tree. It took a lot of coaxing and whining to get them to come downstairs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

got up at half 8,dragged my parents out of bed:D

got a new printer,socks,knickers,sports bra,hockey bag and of course the obligatory selection box!yaaaay!

merry christmas everyone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

cloneslad wrote: »
    It's christmas, you can't ban me on this the birth of baby santa

Potential ban loophole: it's the birth of baby Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

stovelid wrote: »
    Potential ban loophole: it's the birth of baby Jesus.

Who's Jebus??? I thought we celebrated the miracle birth of baby santa. Miraculous because he was born with a fully grown beard........Perhaps he was a son of pat mustard :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Oh shít, kids!
    I knew I left something in the car last night..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

cloneslad wrote: »
    It's christmas, you can't ban me on this the birth of baby santa

You are very lucky today is the birth of baby santa, very lucky indeed.

Next time you won't be so lucky.

Was he making some sort of sexual innuendo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Piste wrote: »
    Was he making some sort of sexual innuendo?

I doubt it, posters on AH are all virgins.

Oh good, cos my 15 year old sister reads this forum and it wouldn't be very nice to say things like that behind her back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bought him a torch as he's obsessed with mine.

He's played with that all morning and just ignored the other fancier presents. :)

The little presents are the best. The boxes that big presents come in are sometimes as fun as the presents themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

All presents open, all toys built.

The 11 month old's reactions were a little disappointing, he's a huge paper fan, thought he'd go ape for being encouraged to rip it, but no.. he tried to eat the leftovers of rudolph's carrot instead. The 4 year old loved his presents. I did think he'd be more into his talking Perry the Platypus, but the reaction was a little lukewarm. I guess nothing is impressive when you see a PSP under the tree :( There'll be no talking to him for the rest of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Piste wrote: »
    Oh good, cos my 15 year old sister reads this forum and it wouldn't be very nice to say things like that behind her back!

15....ah balls....do I have to sign a register now??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

All toys open.
    The Christmas curse of packaging recurred.
    I know your meant to open all the presents beforehand in most cases but in some special cases, some of the packaging is actually part of the gift.

In one case with us, a daughter got a ballerina doll. The packaging was part of the background and so we had to be careful how to open it without ripping it all up.
    It took us a full 22 minutes to open the box, snip all the wires holding the doll to the background, cut all the cellotape off, remove all the elastics and untie all the strings holding all the parts - and that was after removing the large taped plastic layers on each part also taped and tied down under one large layer of plastic that was also taped, stapled and then cellophaned.

I mean seriously - what the fcuk!!! :mad:

One toy company WILL be getting an angry letter of complain from two parents with cut fingers (from the mountain of sharp edged plastic removed), sore hands from the snips and mountains upon mountains of outter and inner packaging!
    Totally frakin' stupid - and they expected a child normally to open their present! Arseholes! :mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement