Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSVita megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dammit. Have all my PSOne games on my US account but my downloaded Vita games on my European account. Don't think there's any work around either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can swap accounts but its a pain in the ass, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Dammit. Have all my PSOne games on my US account but my downloaded Vita games on my European account. Don't think there's any work around either.

Same here, its a balls.. As for retro would you not be safer off waiting for a price cut/ Assassins Creed bundle ? Tbh its not really worth buying a Vita at this time, the lack of good games is very disappointing...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I know, just getting ahead of myself. It's just I got a few PSN games in the recent spate of US and EU sales and heard they look stunning on the vita and I've only got a 1000 PSP and the screen blur is annoying me! And I want gravity rush. Might just wait until I have more money or there's a price drop which apparently isn't happening until 2013.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'm really enjoying Sound Scapes, nice, simple fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Call of duty actually looks rubbish. It actually looks like burning skies with a different skin, so to speak. Killzone though, that looks good. Graphically, and the tiny bit of gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This is the vita version of the new need for speed game

VITA_NFSMW13scrn_gallery_post.jpg

VITA_OUTRUN_COPS_gallery_post.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Looks pretty nice

Hows Sound Shapes anyone get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hows Sound Shapes anyone get it?

Brilliant. Simple. Addictive.

Up there with Gravity Rush as an essential Vita game.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Brilliant. Simple. Addictive.

Up there with Gravity Rush as an essential Vita game.

Might just buy it today then so.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

What do people think of the Vita so far? I'm disappointed tbh. I knew there wasn't going to be many games in the first 6 months but I'm really not that interested in the coming games that are supposed to be big, like Ass Creed, COD, Killzone, The ps Super Smash game etc

Are there any other games that might be good that are flying under the radar? The ones that I want are ports - FFX and FF Type O.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

KalEl88 wrote: »
    What do people think of the Vita so far? I'm disappointed tbh. I knew there wasn't going to be many games in the first 6 months but I'm really not that interested in the coming games that are supposed to be big, like Ass Creed, COD, Killzone, The ps Super Smash game etc

Are there any other games that might be good that are flying under the radar? The ones that I want are ports - FFX and FF Type O.

I'm having same thoughts myself tbh my 3dsxl is getting huge game time but the vita meh and I just bought it again after my own console was stolen!!! :(

I have a wifi vita with few downloaded games plus assassins creed and rayman origins!! Any interest?? Was retro looking for a vita???

Btw nsmb2 is AWESOME :D

I'm having same thoughts myself tbh my 3dsxl is getting huge game time but the vita meh and I just bought it again after my own console was stolen!!! :(

I have a wifi vita with few downloaded games plus assassins creed and rayman origins!! Any interest?? Was retro looking for a vita???

Btw nsmb2 is AWESOME :D

When I got the 3DS it took me just 2 months to get rid of it I think... Got bored of it and it lacked good games... Then the exact same thing happened with the Vita and tbh I don't know why I still have the Vita... I guess i'm hoping alot from Killzone and COD... I kept the Vita for Resistance also but that turned out to be awful (so I hear).. 4 v 4 online though seems to be bad should at least be 6 v 6..

When I got the 3DS it took me just 2 months to get rid of it I think... Got bored of it and it lacked good games... Then the exact same thing happened with the Vita and tbh I don't know why I still have the Vita... I guess i'm hoping alot from Killzone and COD... I kept the Vita for Resistance also but that turned out to be awful (so I hear).. 4 v 4 online though seems to be bad should at least be 6 v 6..

I just want wii u :)

I'm a full on ninty fanboy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Evilbart

Yeah Vita has been a total let down for me also.Going to try sell it or maybe trade it in off the Wii U when it releases,tryed to like the vita but it's just in the drawer now gathering dust

I fear for this console tbh I believe this console will have an extremely short life unfortunately I will be trading my stuff for 235 in GameStop tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Evilbart

Anybody any idea where the best place to trade for store credit would be ,made my mind up cant see myself using the vita again so gona trade it off the price of a Wii U preorder

HMV I'd say. Symths aren't taking them yet for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

cloud493 wrote: »
    HMV I'd say. Symths aren't taking them yet for some reason.

Smyths won't ever take them, at least that is what the software staff told me in Blanch and Town.

• Advertisement

Smyths won't ever take them, at least that is what the software staff told me in Blanch and Town.

Really? Did they give a reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This talk is concerning, especially as I was considering purchasing one! :D

I can get a Vita, an 8GB card and one of The Show, Reality Fighters or Little Deviant for $250 over here in Canada. Thought it was a decent enough deal.

I only really want it for Persona 4 Golden and also to play Persona 3 that was released on PSP. Should I go for it?

I fear for this console tbh I believe this console will have an extremely short life unfortunately I will be trading my stuff for 235 in GameStop tomorrow!!!

The ps3 got off to a rocky start also.. Yet its still the best console about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

it took the 3ds almost year to get good games, its just the first year is always slow for a new console

The ps3 got off to a rocky start also.. Yet its still the best console about

Now that reeks of ps fanboy, the ps3 is best console!!

FACEPALM

Ps3 and Xbox are on par only things that favour either one is Xbox online service or ps3s bluesy player!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Let's not go down this road......Pleeeease.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its only been out what?6months? Give it a chance,the games will start flowing just like the 3ds

The internet loves to sound the toll of doom when something isn't doing well :rolleyes: but everyone said the same thing with the 3DS, and the PS3, and now they're both great :D and providing sony support it right, cross buy is a great come back.

Sound the toll of doom?

Ps vita showed that cod game 4 vs 4 I think after resistance now cod etc we can be a little worried!!

In saying that rayman origins is sooooo pretty on the vita

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

cloud493 wrote: »
    The internet loves to sound the toll of doom when something isn't doing well :rolleyes: but everyone said the same thing with the 3DS, and the PS3, and now they're both great :D and providing sony support it right, cross buy is a great come back.

agreed 100%

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement