Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finn Harps Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

muffler- yeah, I help out any way I can from Galway and am involved in the club website, programme, last year the strategic review and other bits and pieces also.

ootbitb- no idea who you are but if you have an issue with the moderation on the forum feel free to contact the mods in person or online and make your case. I do know that I have very rarely banned anybody and certainly never for simply disagreeing with a mod.

The current forum is most likely on the way out anyway due to the constant spamming attacks.

Kevin McHugh is back at Harps and Anthony Gorman is back as assistant manager.

Getting McHugh back is a massive, massive boost!

2010 kit launch tomorrow at the Balor at 3.30, both of the lads will be there. All welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

good news about McHugh .Any chance Parky might come back to provide?

Sadly, Parky has gone to the dark side. We can only hope that like Kevin he will see the light and save his footballing soul.

Amen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 banthebrick

can't believe its so long since kev left. here's hoping he keeps up where he left off and de harps have a resurgence and the people of the north west rekindle their affections towards their club :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Yet again we are away to Derry twice:mad:
    FINN HARPS FC FIXTURES 2010

Saturday 6th March Longford Town (a)
    Friday 12th March Salthill Devon (h)
    Friday 19th March Monaghan United (a)
    Monday 22nd March League Cup Prem. Round
    Friday 26th March Limerick (h)
    Friday 2nd April Shelbourne (a)
    Friday 9th April Wexford Youths (h)
    Monday 12th April League Cup 1st Round
    Friday 16th April Athlone Town (h)
    Friday 23rd April Waterford United (a)
    Friday 30th April Bray Wanderers (h)
    Tuesday 4th May Derry City (a)
    Friday 7th May Mervue United (h)
    Monday 10th May League Cup 2nd Round
    Friday 14th May Longford Town (h)
    Friday 21st May Salthill Devon (a)
    Saturday 29th May Monaghan United (h)
    Tuesday 1st June League Cup Q.F.
    Sunday 6th June FAI Cup 3rd Round
    Tuesday 8th June Limerick (a)
    Friday 25th June Shelbourne (h)
    Sunday 4th July Wexford Youths (a)
    Saturday 10th July Athlone Town (a)
    Friday 16th July Waterford United (h)
    Sunday 25th July Bray Wanderers (a)
    Friday 30th July Derry City (h)
    Monday 2nd August League Cup S.F.
    Saturday 7th August Mervue United (a)
    Saturday 14th August Longford Town (a)
    Friday 20th August Salthill Devon (h)
    Sunday 30th August FAI Cup 4th Round
    Friday 3rd September Monaghan United (a)
    Friday 10th September Limerick (h)
    Friday 17th September Shelbourne (a)
    Sunday 19th September FAI Cup Q.F.
    Friday 24th September Wexford Youths (h)
    Saturday 25th September League Cup Final
    Friday 1st October Athlone Town (h)
    Friday 8th October Waterford United (a)
    Friday 15th October Bray Wanderers (h)
    Sunday 17th October FAI Cup S.F.
    Friday 22nd October Derry City (a)
    Saturday 30th October Mervue United (h)

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

thanks for the fixtures? confirmed i take it. pity only down in galway twice and athlone once

well that's one less season ticket. Fridays don't suit students away at college.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pauric_g

Are the new jerseys on sale yet? Where are they being sold and is it possible to buy long sleeved jerseys?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Yes, the new shirts are on sale. You can get them at the Balor or in the ground at tonight's friendly against Sligo Rovers.

An online shop is under development and should be launched soon as well.

That's great. It's a while since my last Harps jersey, nearly time for a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

pauric_g wrote: »
    It's a while since my last Harps jersey, nearly time for a new one!

It's nice that the players are posting here:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,800 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sesswhat wrote: »
    It's nice that the players are posting here:D
    :eek:

Interesting to see that they have now sought an extension of the original planning permission for the new stadium. Whats even more interesting is to read the description of the works done to date as outlined in the contractor's letter.

Hard to believe that its been almost 5 years since the original permission was granted.

That's really depressing.. this really has been a long, horrible slog for the GDC.

Good news regarding the team though: Minnock is back: http://www.finnharps.com/News/100224Minno.htm

Much stronger looking squad than last season.. it's going to be one of the toughest first division campaigns yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

muffler wrote: »
    Interesting to see that they have now sought an extension of the original planning permission for the new stadium. Whats even more interesting is to read the description of the works done to date as outlined in the contractor's letter.

Hard to believe that its been almost 5 years since the original permission was granted.

Is it ever going to happen? You'd have to wonder at this stage. Where can the contractor's letter be seen?

fullstop wrote: »
    Where can the contractor's letter be seen?
    Click on the link I posted and then click on the "view related documents" tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Does noone think building a new stadium is just a ridiculous waste of money for a club that was lucky to stay afloat recently enough?

I think its fairly ridiculous, it's not like the club needs the extra space to fill it for games?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

Does noone think building a new stadium is just a ridiculous waste of money for a club that was lucky to stay afloat recently enough?

I think its fairly ridiculous, it's not like the club needs the extra space to fill it for games?
    very good point

• Advertisement

The prime town centre location of Finn Park was intended to pay for the new stadium in rural Stranorlar. Like the weather at present the economic climate is too chilly.

ootbitb wrote: »
    The prime town centre location of Finn Park was intended to pay for the new stadium in rural Stranorlar. Like the weather at present the economic climate is too chilly.
    That would about sum it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

No. It's not costing the club, funding comes from sale of Finn Park to developers and government grants.

does anybody know about a Finn Harps based short story competition? Someone was telling me about it but they only picked up on the basic details. I couldn't find any details on the website.

Finn Park goes nowhere near meeting licensing standards. To stay in senior football we need a new ground or to massively redevelop the existing one (which we can't afford). And after many years of effort it seems to be on the verge of happening.

New Co-Op rules were passed at the AGM yesterday to facilitate a legal issue with the revenue. Hopefully this is the final bit of red tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Technique

The new stadium would be something that Donegal as a whole could be really proud of. Yet again, we'll convince ourselves that it's a white elephant and will never happen, yet whine and moan about other parts of the country getting everything that is going while we're the forgotten county.

To be able to build a stadium like this with little or no outlay is a fantastic opportunity to give something to the future generations of sports fans in Donegal. We should give our full support to the volunteers who have put blood, sweat and tears into giving this project the best possible chance.

Sorry, a wee bit OT but isnt it great to see the Finn Harps and the Donegal GAA 2010 threads neck and neck on the front page :)

Good news: Harps looked in fine fettle in a 5-0 win over Bonagee: http://www.finnharps.com/News/100301Bonagee.htm

Bad News: Finance Director John Meenan has resigned for personal reasons: http://www.finnharps.com/News/100301Statement.htm

The big kick off isn't too far away now, a win in Longford on Saturday night and there'd be a serious buzz around the Salthill game the following Friday.

Is it not time the web site was updated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

muffler wrote: »
    Is it not time the web site was updated?
    There is a new website being built as we speak for the start of the new season with an online club shop!

Advertisement