Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 - PS4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

the biggest problem with COD is lack of physics. BF at least models the real world and lets you play in relation to it. I think the new dualshock 4 will change how BF plays and feels. I could see myself playing it after 12 months of purchase.

image_304585_fit_940.jpg
    image_304586_fit_940.jpg
    image_304587_fit_940.jpg
    image_304589_fit_940.jpg
    image_304590_fit_940.jpg
    image_304591_fit_940.jpg
    image_304592_fit_940.jpg

Battlefield 4 Alpha is open to a select group of gamers. Can't be long till the beta comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

aindriu80 wrote: »
    *BF4 Vehicle Images*
    Battlefield 4 Alpha is open to a select group of gamers. Can't be long till the beta comes out.

I like that the boat's AA missle needs to keep lockon until contact is actually made. Might save the "NO HEATSEEKING IN THIS SERVER" pr!cks quiet. I like how they are buffing the amphibious combat. It looks like BF4 listened to the community a lot on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

When will we see BF4 on PS4.... i was going to pre-order a PS4 but should I wait till I see it on PS4?

Surely not far off what they showed at E3, i.e. Alpha version on PC = PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

mozattack wrote: »
    When will we see BF4 on PS4.... i was going to pre-order a PS4 but should I wait till I see it on PS4?

Surely not far off what they showed at E3, i.e. Alpha version on PC = PS4?

IGN had it listed as a possible launch title. How close to the truth that is, we probably won't know until the autumn.

• Advertisement

There is every chance we might get it when BF4 launches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Looks awesome !! I watched the video twice on 1080p it was that impressive. I just wonder is that a high end PC or something you can expect on the PS4 ?

new battlelog worth a blast

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If this is only on iOS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Varik wrote: »
    If this is only on iOS.

Saw a screenshot this morning with a link to the app available on iOS & the Google Play Store. Was probably only a mock-up but makes sense to have it on android.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Saw a screenshot this morning with a link to the app available on iOS & the Google Play Store. Was probably only a mock-up but makes sense to have it on android.

Would have made the same sense to have the older version on android, the mobile site is generally fine but EA seem to have a few iOS only apps like with Mass effect and others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Wonder if the PS4 can handle Ultra quality settings?........:o

• Registered Users Posts: 53,815 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Does it have browser launcher again for the pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Headshot wrote: »
    Does it have browser launcher again for the pc?

Ya, Battlelog is still the only way in.

Wonder if the PS4 can handle Ultra quality settings?........:o

It will get the 1080p and 60fps but I think there are tons of graphical features on the PC that you won't see on next gen consoles because of hardware difference. Still its going to be waaaay better than current gen BF.

I don't think PS4 will be running BF4 @ 1080p. They said it was above 720p but not 1080p. They are going to make use of upscaling. Pretty disappointing.

Is anyone going to pre order battlefield 4 on the PS3 and then purchase the upgrade for the PS4 ? Its available in the U.S for under $10.

I wasn't going to bother but its an extra month and there is double XP available. I don't know how it works though, do you keep the PS3 box and then get a PS+ download on your PS4 ? Or do you lose your PS3 version ? I do prefer hard copies as I can always delete and re-install games if there is no room on the hard disk.

Its current preorder price on amazon is ridiculously cheap compared to the other next gen games available for preorder. Currently at £42 having dropped from £59 when I first preordered, a good £12/14 cheaper than other PS4 games.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Its current preorder price on amazon is ridiculously cheap compared to the other next gen games available for preorder. Currently at £42 having dropped from £59 when I first preordered, a good £12/14 cheaper than other PS4 games.

I see they (PS4 games) have all dropped a bit on amazon.

But would you get BF4 for PS3 if you intended to buy a PS4 launch day and intended to get BF4 for the PS4 ?

• Advertisement

I see they (PS4 games) have all dropped a bit on amazon.

But would you get BF4 for PS3 if you intended to buy a PS4 launch day and intended to get BF4 for the PS4 ?

No I won't, for the simple fact that both games will be completely different. Gameplay mechanics will be the same across all platforms, but the PS4 version will be a completely different animal compared to the PS3 version.

Getting a heads up on maps early might present a few advantages when moving to next gen, but its not a good enough reason for me to purchase both.

No I won't, for the simple fact that both games will be completely different. Gameplay mechanics will be the same across all platforms, but the PS4 version will be a completely different animal compared to the PS3 version.

Getting a heads up on maps early might present a few advantages when moving to next gen, but its not a good enough reason for me to purchase both.

Yeah, there is definitely going to be a difference between the two machines and some adjustments will have to be made by the gamer.

I guess it really depends on how much you want to play BF4 or if you can wait.

Yeah, there is definitely going to be a difference between the two machines and some adjustments will have to be made by the gamer.

I guess it really depends on how much you want to play BF4 or if you can wait.

While I'd like to play the PS3 version just to get a small sample of what changes they've made, I think the open Beta might just be the perfect way to do so. Thankfully, I'll have two full months of GTA V to pass the time, perhaps Beyond: Two Souls as well and a week of Tearaway for the Vita.

While I'd like to play the PS3 version just to get a small sample of what changes they've made, I think the open Beta might just be the perfect way to do so. Thankfully, I'll have two full months of GTA V to pass the time, perhaps Beyond: Two Souls as well and a week of Tearaway for the Vita.

GTA V looks massive and you will definitely get a lot of hours out of it. I'm going to wait and see if the upgrade is less than €10 and might get the PS3 version.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is anyone going to pre order battlefield 4 on the PS3 and then purchase the upgrade for the PS4 ? Its available in the U.S for under $10.

I wasn't going to bother but its an extra month and there is double XP available. I don't know how it works though, do you keep the PS3 box and then get a PS+ download on your PS4 ? Or do you lose your PS3 version ? I do prefer hard copies as I can always delete and re-install games if there is no room on the hard disk.

My understanding is you buy the PS3 version on the PSN - play it.
    You then purchase the PS4 version on PSN also(for E10 or so) and then your license to play the PS3 version is revoked.

There is no box.

F1ngers wrote: »
    My understanding is you buy the PS3 version on the PSN - play it.
    You then purchase the PS4 version on PSN also(for E10 or so) and then your license to play the PS3 version is revoked.

There is no box.

I think you will have to do the campaign again. Not much else said though.

9509162823_38b1420d5f.jpg

I'm kinda found of the PS boxes so I might just one for the PS4 and spend the month playing other games. See how the BF4 demo goes first.

I read certain editions of PS3 Battlefield 4 will be marked as including a one-time use voucher allowing you to upgrade to the PS4 digital version of the game for a small price. That is how the discounting system is going to work. Only thing is who is going to provide the specially marked boxes. It should only cost €10.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I read certain editions of PS3 Battlefield 4 will be marked as including a one-time use voucher allowing you to upgrade to the PS4 digital version of the game for a small price. That is how the discounting system is going to work. Only thing is who is going to provide the specially marked boxes. It should only cost €10.

Where did you read it?
    Link?

I thought all PSN versions were eligible for upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Where did you read it?
    Link?

It's on Battlelog.

• Advertisement

Where did you read it?
    Link?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/429373/battlefield-4-ps3-copies-include-voucher-for-cheap-ps4-upgrade/

Advertisement