Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gentlemen, what defines a man as a 'pussy' in your opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

True but he is 5ft1 and overweight so I would judge the situation to see if he was anyway nifty with the bat and, if not, take the bat and give him a kick in the arse for his trouble.
    If he was a 5ft1 overweight ninja then I would run.

5ft 1 overweight ninja!! Hehe, post of the night, acidskiffle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

Jake187 wrote: »
    Being honest, the only damage you could do to someone is by ringing the police or solicitor...
    Are you starting a fight with me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Mmm, gender stereotyping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Namlub wrote: »
    Mmm, gender stereotyping

It's a bit like crack cocaine or shooting heroin..

.. very more-ish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Being too afraid to ask for a pay rise.

Being too afraid to chat up a woman or tell her you think she is sexy in middle of chat up.

Being too afraid to tell someone to fukc off when necessary.

Being too afraid to use violence where necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Any man that doesnt do the right thing for fear of offending other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SomeGuyCalledMi

Someone who drives around with their front fog lights on.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Ha, just thought about this so why not post it :pac:
    Basically, what defines a man as a 'pussy/wimp' etc in your opinion?

(i'll throw out a few examples)
    - a man who knows his girlfriend/wife is cheating on him but refuses to acknowlege it or do anything about it.
    - a man who will not at least attempt to fight back in a fight. Even in a self-defense situation.
    - A man who views women as being "persecuted" in today's society. That the 'man' holds them back .. i'm talking about the right scrawny type.

care to add?

Would you grow up ffs, this is like something a 14 year old would write, We get enough tough guys (idiots) in A & E after fights who nearly cry at the sight of a needle - they are pussies. Hold me back!!!!!!! Fight me.

Strange thing is that you are even thinking about this topic at 5 am when most guys would be actually thinking about pussy! Not men who are pussies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

People who try define what a pussy is because they might be one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

going on a internet boards to reenforce your manliness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

guitarzero wrote: »
    I dont think its all 'Hi Ho Hi Ho, i'ts off to work we go' bro, some folks, even pussies, would like to gain employment, its just not a case of dropping one's CV's in and getting a call on the way out anymore.

Aye I went too far with that statement, I think I was a bit tired and emotional when I wrote it.:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 178 ✭✭Paddy Bateman

Giving head without getting head

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Someone, who starts moaning when the temperature falls under 10 Degrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

The lad who sits in the corner of the office, does all the donkey work and is eager to please.
    Does all the ****ty tasks

"If I help everyone then they will like me"

Yeah the opposite happens, you become the office doormat and get zero respect, even the girls in the office walk over you.

And the self confident person who gets on with everyone but does less work is the one who gets promoted

While the needy lad who sits in the corner gets bitter "don't they see what I do, I work harder then everyone"

Gotta push yourself forward if you want to get somewhere, never ever play the martyr as you get no thanks for it and people then just expect you to cover for them

No point killing yourself to help colleagues when they end up getting better appraisals then you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

It's not being a pussy if he just doesn't care that she is cheating, if he does care and is just in denial then he has deeper issues than just being a pussy.

Was Ghandi a pussy? It takes far more courage to look someone in the eye when they are trying to fight you and say no, That said, I'd fight back, but I wouldn't look down on someone who doesn't.

A "pussy" to me is someone who won't take the risk to get what he wants, such as stewing in the friend zone because he couldn't make a move.

Only if there will be violent anal at the end of it. Real man love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Jeesh what a thread:rolleyes:

Op may I redirect you:

Neanderthal forum
    >
    <
    Gender Stereotype forum
    Personal Issues forum --
    >
    <
    Russel Crowe Fightin' around the World forum

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Footballers

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Burky126 wrote: »
    Footballers

/thread

Spoken like a true band wagon jumper. Hows the Rugby these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

In this country you are not allowed to dislike football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Hemmingway's men are the antithesis of pussies. Stoic, intelligent, courageous, romantic and willing to fight when nessecary. It's not about swinging at some idiot who bumps into you in a nightclub or playing at somebody's little alpha/beta games, in my mind it's about living how you want to live and defending that from the assaults of day to day life, whatever they may be.

Being caught up in the whole notion of being or not being a pussy is not how I want to live my life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Usually I find it's outwardly macho guys who spend their lives being paranoid about people thinking they might be a pussy!

Fragile egos!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

How quaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

People who won't stand by what they have said.

People who will not stand in if a friend is getting a beating.

People who drive Nissan Micras.

I think that's it really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Tox56 wrote: »
    In this country you are not allowed to dislike football.

I dislike football. I believe in a purer sport, a higher calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

People who won't stand by what they have said.

People who will not stand in if a friend is getting a beating.

People who drive Nissan Micras.

I think that's it really.

The current government? Or the previous government? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭hardbackwriter

- a man who knows his girlfriend/wife is cheating on him but refuses to acknowlege it or do anything about it.
    - a man who will not at least attempt to fight back in a fight. Even in a self-defense situation.

It's not being a pussy if he just doesn't care that she is cheating, if he does care and is just in denial then he has deeper issues than just being a pussy.

Was Ghandi a pussy? It takes far more courage to look someone in the eye when they are trying to fight you and say no, That said, I'd fight back, but I wouldn't look down on someone who doesn't.

A "pussy" to me is someone who won't take the risk to get what he wants, such as stewing in the friend zone because he couldn't make a move.

No , that's just wishy washy liberal tosh that's become received wisdom in some circles this past few decades, walking away from a fight is not brave , it might be prudent but by any objective measure , it's not an act of courage , I see such attitudes as symptomatic of a more feminized western society, if Russell Crowe had walked away in gladiator , he'd have been dog food before he knew it , this example still applies in Many parts of the world where lawsuits are beyond the reach of most as a way of s
    Dealing with oppressors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

On the subject of defusing fights, I thought this was good:

I wouldn't call him a pussy tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Ahh ;)
    There is a difference between fighting 1 guy and then 3 guys in self defense.
    One guy against three has no chance.

Speak for yourself puss in boots! On 3 occasions in my life I had the pleasure of kicking the Sh!t out of 3 scangers who assumed that I was a pushover because I didn't wear stripy tracksuits. Ah bliss, and years of kung Fu and Karate training. I draw the line at 7 though, tried it once, didn't work out well.

Oh wait the scangers have guns now:eek:, Best run away.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Anyone who claims to have a particular set of morals which they do not actually live by is a pussy.

Have the courage of your convictions to avoid catching vagitis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭hardbackwriter

Solair wrote: »
    Usually I find it's outwardly macho guys who spend their lives being paranoid about people thinking they might be a pussy!

Fragile egos!

Ego is a quintessentially male thing , a pussy wouldn't have an ego in the first place

the term pussy might be a bit harsh however , metrosexual might be more appropriate , someone like Tom dunne on newstalk who seems happiest when discussing lactating mothers or wallpapering bedrooms

Baschically, a man who seems to naturally empathise with women on any topic , deep down , most women have nothing but contempt for men like this bar a minority of feminist lesbianism who see them as usefull idiots

Advertisement