Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hip-Hop 2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

The new Reks album leaked...haven't dl/d yet...<mod snip>removed naughty bit</mod snip>
    @BoomBap - Have you heard the new Dark Time Sunshine album? I'm pretty sure it's sort of the stuff you'd like. I think it's f-ing brilliant!

Edit - Oh woops, sorry @BoomBap...forgot!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TheComeUp wrote: »
    @BoomBap - Have you heard the new Dark Time Sunshine album? I'm pretty sure it's sort of the stuff you'd like. I think it's f-ing brilliant!

Nope, haven't heard it and don't have it queued up here to listen to.
    I'll look into it :D

The next thing I have to listen to is TTxBC - Space. These are guys from Minneapolis who probably would be more popular if Doomtree didn't exist.

http://www.callusthetribe.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

50 just released his 1st single of his album street king thats due out in october, liking this one a lot. Alica kills the hook, 50 has some substance behind his lryics again, something iv been crying out for as a fan.

50 ft dr dre & alica keys "new day"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Jay Electronica has posted the tracklisting for his album "Act II: Patents of Nobility (The Turn)".

It's very, very small and I can only make out a few of the names on it. Kanye is on a few tracks and Jay-Z is on two as well.

I never noticed it before but he is following the "Pledge/Turn/Prestige" format from the 2006 film "The Prestige".

Hopefully he releases it soon. If we get it before the new year then it'll be an achievement.

Ay6AC9KCAAIDFFF.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Killah Priest released a new track a few days ago, his next album is shaping up to be a gem;

@ Jimmy, here's a cleaner image of Jay Elec's tracklist;

Ay6AC9KCAAIDFFF.jpg:large

schoolboy is killing everything he's on lately, really impressed with his music. Black hippy are the best thing to happen to westcoast hip hop in years, aftermath's future is very bright with these lads on their team. I reckon they will be heavily featured on detox too and possibly were the missing link.
    your acting like TDE dont run LA
    coast aint been this hard since since pac, death row and dr dre
    word to dr dre, detox is like a mix away
    so go ahead and let the grown ups work and go somewhere and play

man thats a nice song by killah priest, never heard of him. I only gave it a listen because im a fan of jack thriller's work, very funny in your face guy.

here's 2 recent schoolboy songs that he's hopped on with 50 & banks, he kills both and makes them his own.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not a big fan of that new 50 song with Dre and Keys. It's OK, but it just sounds bare minimum effort from everyone involved to make a song.
    Also, the Rick Ross/JayZ/Dre song is garbage.

@mufcboy1999 - Killah Priest has some really good albums that you should check out. You probably know him from the last track on GZA's Liquid Swords called B.I.B.L.E.
    Liking his new song.

It's also going to be interesting to hear how this Jay Electronica album works out. The immediate thing that jumps out is track 2...the title is going to resurface all the discussion on the Illuminati again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Boom_Bap wrote: »

It's also going to be interesting to hear how this Jay Electronica album works out. The immediate thing that jumps out is track 2...the title is going to resurface all the discussion on the Illuminati again.

Not for me:o

It should be the track with Jay Z and much more interestingly the multi talented and utterly gorgeous charlotte gainsbourg.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

great to hear Cudi rapping again

• Advertisement

I cant front, theres a few bangers on ross's album.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I cant front, theres a few bangers on ross's album.

It appears Mufcboys account has been hacked, mods please respond immediately :D:D

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    It appears Mufcboys account has been hacked, mods please respond immediately :D:D

lol i wish, it pains me to say it trust me:D

just browsing on itunes, listening to plan b's new album thinking about buying it but how on earth is he getting away with charging 14.99 for the album? there's rappers 100 times bigger than him selling for 9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

just browsing on itunes, listening to plan b's new album thinking about buying it but how on earth is he getting away with charging 14.99 for the album? there's rappers 100 times bigger than him selling for 9.99.

Guy is a huge star in the UK so why not?

Rjd2 wrote: »

Guy is a huge star in the UK so why not?

That's it though , he's not exactly a global star. I ended up buying it anyway , Liking it a lot so far.

A lot of the content I can relate to at this current time, I know Ireland's not as bad
    as the uk but there's similar problems in terms of taught patterns and situations amongst our youth not too mention the unemployment.

In my quest to be as open minded about all hip hop, I listened to Iggy Azalea's EP called Glory.

Track 1 breezed by just waiting for it to end. Then track 2 kicked in, 'Murda Bizness' featuring T.I.. I was surprised how good the beat was, really good. But then Iggy started rapping which was tolerable, but basically sounds exactly like Nikki....then T.I. kicks in and rides the beat perfectly. After that, I ended up skipping through the rest of the songs because they are shizite.

So all in all, 1 good beat and a good appearance from T.I.

In El-P related news, he is in NY working with eXquire on his album. He tweeted
    “Now back to NYC. me and this dude Mr. Mutha****in’ Exquire bout to make a classic album.”

He is also recording a new album/EP with Killer Mike where they are both going to be rapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭HATCHET IRL

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    In El-P related news, he is in NY working with eXquire on his album. He tweeted

He is also recording a new album/EP with Killer Mike where they are both going to be rapping.

:D:D:D cant wait for it

Domo Genesis put out a mixtape there that's produced by Alchemist. Just listening to a track with Freddie Gibbs and Prodigy on it.

Sounds really good. Gibbs would have fitted perfectly on "The Infamous".

It seems a little too slow for Freddie in places. You can almost hear him reeling himself in on a few lines. He needs to be let loose more on faster tempo songs, where he can just spit as fast as e can.

tito lopez the man who spit that savage freestyle for dr dre last year.

• Advertisement

I was reading some article from the LA Times or something like that, and it was listing the top 5 albums of the year to far. One album was on the list and I never heard of it, let alone of the guy.

But out of curiosity, I started looking it up, it's a guy called billy woods and when I heard him I knew his voice I recognised it put couldnt put my finger on where I knew him from. A little more digging and I discovered he is one of the members of Super Chron Flight Brothers who I'm sure I've mentioned on here a few times.

So I got the album called History Will Absolve Me and gave it a listen. So refreshing. It's not back pack rap, it's not mainstream, its experimental without being overly avante garde. The rapping is basic and off beat in places, but there is some substance to the lyrics.

So basically decent beats, average off beat rapping....but it all works out so perfectly.

Here's a taste:

some new bishop lamont , long awaited the reformation album coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

This should be dope

399372_408240905901463_2055521199_n.jpg

The latest in his "Its The Bootleg Motherfu*kers" series and the other disc is old demos!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

New Hit-Boy mixtape released last night. For those that don't know him he's an up and coming producer on Kanye's 'GOOD Music' label. Ni**as in Paris would be his most well known/biggest track but he's produced tracks for Lil Wayne, Game, Kanye, T.I., ASAP Rocky, Rihanna, etc...

He's recently released a couple of tracks of him rapping and just released a full mixtape. I'm away so haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but from what I've heard so far it's worth a download.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/18281/hitboy_hitstory.html

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    New Hit-Boy mixtape released last night. For those that don't know him he's an up and coming producer on Kanye's 'GOOD Music' label. Ni**as in Paris would be his most well known/biggest track but he's produced tracks for Lil Wayne, Game, Kanye, T.I., ASAP Rocky, Rihanna, etc...

He's recently released a couple of tracks of him rapping and just released a full mixtape. I'm away so haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but from what I've heard so far it's worth a download.

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/18281/hitboy_hitstory.html[/QUOTE]

i downloaded this yesterday and have had a few listens of it. think its very good. production is good and there is a few nice tracks on it. Hitstory is a great tune & so is east v west. a lot more to come from this fella i reckon especially with the likes of jay z & kanye backing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Murs & Fashawn have an album coming out? Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    Great track!
    Nas and 'Face both rip it, and J.U.S.T.I.C.E League are steadily becoming one of my favourite production teams

Mr. Rager wrote: »

I'm struggling to figure out what the point of Premo was on that track, and what the point of Khaled is in general.

Seemingly the only thing that Khaled do was say his name. I know he's been getting away with it for years but I think this one takes the piss.

Also why have Premo and the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League on the same track. Surely one of them could have been used on another track on the album.

Great verse from Nas though.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't support kahled or his team of frauds and clowns. Kahled is officially the biggest bum in hip hop , just talentless.

Good song though, no thanks to him.

Advertisement