Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Received offer from UCC, should I make it my first choice?

Options
  • 19-06-2014 11:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Recieved this email from the Admissions office yesterday in relation to my application for a place on the Community and Youth Work Programme.
    "Dear Xxxx,

CAO Application Number: XXXXXXXX

In connection with your mature application to UCC we wish to inform you that the following decision has now been reached:

CK114 Eligible for a Mature Offer
    Please note that formal CAO offers will only be issued for the highest CAO preference for which you are deemed eligible. These offers will issue on 3 July and will be based on your course preferences as at 1 July.

You should accept your offer immediately with the CAO.

If you accept a UCC offer, full details concerning registration/orientation will be forwarded by email to you in early August.

If you are offered and accept one of your lower preferences you will still be considered for any higher preference applications for which you are deemed eligible in subsequent rounds of offers.

Yours sincerely,

etc"

The thing is, UCC is currently my second choice behind the same course in NUI Maynooth but the lack of decent accommodation in Maynooth is kind of making me think about changing my preferences.

Can anyone who's done this course or know anyone who's done this course tell me what they think of it, the school and living in Cork?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You lot aren't great at selling your school are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

Can't say much specifically about that particular course but as a mature student who entered UCC and moved to Cork last year I have to say my first year here has been nothing short of a pleasure. The college has a ridiculous amount of supports in place for students depending on ones particular circumstances and as a mature student I found that there isn't much of a difference in how I am treated by the rest of the student body or the academic staff which is precisely what I was hoping for.

Academics aside the social aspects in the college are wonderful with dedicated societies to almost any interest and most, if not all, are welcoming to pretty much anyone with a similar interest. The social aspects outside of the college, night-life etc; are incredible and there is always a group of people up for a bit of craic. Accommodation wise there is a wide variety available depending on price range. I personally decided on getting about 30 minutes from the city centre out by Wilton and there is never any hassle but everything is still within walking distance.

Having taken a breif glance the course is supposed to be well presented and UCC is definitely a university with a good reputation. Whatever you decide to do anyways best of luck in it! Figured I would let ya know of my own experiences here.

Best.

Cheers, that gives me something to consider for the next few hours before the change of mind process ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ferneo

I also had this course as my 2nd choice, midwifery was my first. Have changed my preference and put the youth n community as first choice now after receiving my eligibilty email... :D

I have 45 minutes to make up my mind one way or the other :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement