Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start Up Problems

• 14-05-2014 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Hi there I have built up my PC but have one problem. I get no screen at all. Now I am trying to connect via HDMI and am wondering is this the problem? Everything spins up and green light on the mobo so the only solution I am thinking is the HDMI. I get no beeps (maybe I have that in wrong but I don't think so) If it is the HDMI please don't abuse me for my n00bish ways!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

Try taking out the ram and putting it back in again, one slot at at time, trial and error, faulty ram, or a faulty ram slot, or ram not in the slot properly, can be one reason for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

ryan101 wrote: »
    Try taking out the ram and putting it back in again, one slot at at time, trial and error, faulty ram, or a faulty ram slot, or ram not in the slot properly, can be one reason for this.

Does the PC not need RAM to boot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭ryan101

it needs one slot to boot, but with no display how do you know. Try reseating the ram, and trial and error one slot at a time with known good ram.
    One faulty stick of ram, or slot will stop display, regardless if the rest is good.

Update: Gave into a computer shop (will admit they are no guru's) and they couldn't find out what was wrong with it, I'm thinking the mobo might be fried

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Yeah a lot of them shops are useless. Did they test the parts or just turn it off and back on?

Did you try run off your onboard graphics?

• Advertisement

Yeah a lot of them shops are useless. Did they test the parts or just turn it off and back on?

Did you try run off your onboard graphics?

I never actually asked them because they just looked clueless, no I have no VGA cable but when I get a hold I'll try. The green light in on the mobo though so that's throwing me about the place!

9bred4 wrote: »
    I never actually asked them because they just looked clueless, no I have no VGA cable but when I get a hold I'll try. The green light in on the mobo though so that's throwing me about the place!

Take it the Gpu fans are spinning ?

Post specs.

Take it the Gpu fans are spinning ?

Post specs.

Everything spins indeed. I'll do it tomorrow, not long home and in bed :P

9bred4 wrote: »
    Everything spins indeed. I'll do it tomorrow, not long home and in bed :P

Good so everything is getting power. get your beauty sleep princess. And will have a look tomorrow.

Mobo- Asus P8H61-MX USB3
    PSU- Corsair CX500
    CPU- Intel G860 LGA1155
    GPU- Radeon R770 1GB
    Ram- Corsair something or other can't check PC not in my possesion!

• Advertisement

Ok. PSU is good enough. Mobo not bad for the CPU. The Gpu may be the problameo.

You get that VGA yet?

:confused:
    Ok. PSU is good enough. Mobo not bad for the CPU. The Gpu may be the problameo.

You get that VGA yet?

No ha I haven't been anywhere, I live an hour from a Harvey Norman/Curry's and wouldn't fancy online in case I got the wrong one

I have a HDMI cable but there's no picture coming nor any beeps :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

You need to get a vga cable, remove the graphic card and see if the PC will boot with out the card. This will help to narrow down if it's a motherbaord/cpu issue or a graphic card issue.

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    You need to get a vga cable, remove the graphic card and see if the PC will boot with out the card. This will help to narrow down if it's a motherbaord/cpu issue or a graphic card issue.

Ok will order one tomorrow, thanks guys!

So the graphics card seems to be the problem :( Any suggestions as to what I should do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ask from wherever you bought it for a replacement ? Assuming you bought it new.

Advertisement