Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

cloud493 wrote: »

It's like, I'm there for other people. But when I talk to people, they ignore me. As in I can even see people have read my messages, but they ignore it. And what can you even do it about it, it's not like you can find new people, they won't want me either.

I've told my friends about my plans. They don't care enough to check in. That read receipt thingy on iMessage or whatsapp or viber = worst thing ever for self confidence.

I like you cloud, you can always pm me for a chat. I'm good at replying :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

That's very kind thank you :) I think I will indulge a bit tonight. I haven't done it for ages like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

That's very kind thank you :) I think I will indulge a bit tonight. I haven't done it for ages like.

cloud do you mind me asking, you say people have read your messages and not contacted you. I am assuming they are 'normal' messages, or with something in them that you wanted to say, if you know what I mean. Do you ask questions? Elicit an opinion or input from their end?

Well sometimes It's even just, trying to start a conversation. Like I'l say hi, see the message has been read, no reply. Or someone says they'll listen to me, I say things about how I'm feeling, or what's wrong, and hear nothing back.

Well sometimes It's even just, trying to start a conversation. Like I'l say hi, see the message has been read, no reply. Or someone says they'll listen to me, I say things about how I'm feeling, or what's wrong, and hear nothing back.

Well if you text about how you're feeling, what's wrong with you or just hi, you have to understand that people will get weary of that. No matter how much you feel it, people have their own lives to live and they want to enjoy themselves. Do you know what I mean? Do you ask about them or mention other things besides your problems?

I don't mean to sound judgmental at all, it's just reality I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Well if you text about how you're feeling, what's wrong with you or just hi, you have to understand that people will get weary of that. No matter how much you feel it, people have their own lives to live and they want to enjoy themselves. Do you know what I mean? Do you ask about them or mention other things besides your problems?

I don't mean to sound judgmental at all, it's just reality I think.

Couldn't agree more. It so easy to get wrapped up in your own problems especially when depressed. I was really bad at it. Thankfully, I have come out my really bad mood and have apologised for it. Now, I always start talking about them as well in texts. I know its hard but it has to be done really.

Well yeah. I mean, with most people I know, we'd talk more about them, their lives etc. It just stinks that people always message me when they have problems, or they want to talk, but that's not reciprocated.

Ah okay, I see. People are doing it to you and not having time for you in the same situation. I think this might be because they know you are the go to guy for that type of conversation and quite possibly have nobody else to talk to with that amount of freedom.

One thing I know is other people like to talk about themselves to anyone who'll listen. You seem to listen. To be honest, these relationships don't sound particularly healthy. You don't have to listen if they have shown that they won't do the same for you.

EDIT: I don't want to make a big thing of it either, just trying to help and give possible insights :)

I keep telling myself that, why should you listen to them when they ignore you when you need someone. But I'm sick of feeling so lonely.

I keep telling myself that, why should you listen to them when they ignore you when you need someone. But I'm sick of feeling so lonely.

That's understandable. You are then in the situation you have probably been in for a while, knowing these people are only interested in how you can benefit them and not at all interested in how they can benefit you.

The only real answer is to either be more positive in the tone of conversations that you have and talk about the mutual interests that you have with them, try and have a laugh with them. That or try and make new friends. Or leave things as they are.

Not nice options but I would go with the first one initially. If they aren't responding to this I would go for the second option. Personally, I would not continue with leaving things as they are.

• Advertisement

That's understandable. You are then in the situation you have probably been in for a while, knowing these people are only interested in how you can benefit them and not at all interested in how they can benefit you.

The only real answer is to either be more positive in the tone of conversations that you have and talk about the mutual interests that you have with them, try and have a laugh with them. That or try and make new friends. Or leave things as they are.

Not nice options but I would go with the first one initially. If they aren't responding to this I would go for the second option. Personally, I would not continue with leaving things as they are.
    You're so wise :)

Cloud please don't indulge :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I've been doing well for the last few weeks. I've started a new relationship (after more than three years being single) and work's been going well.

But today I was hit with a wave of self-doubt and I've just ended up feeling **** and fed up with everything. I hate this.

I've been doing well for the last few weeks. I've started a new relationship (after more than three years being single) and work's been going well.

But today I was hit with a wave of self-doubt and I've just ended up feeling **** and fed up with everything. I hate this.

Get some sleep man, it'll pass. And after a while of feeling good when used to feeling like crap, it usually hits again a lot harder but seriously get some sleep see how you feel tomorrow. She ain't interested in ye for nothing ;)

Can't sleep :( nervous about tomorrow, I don't fully trust my psych yet so don't know if I will be able to be fully honest with him :-/

Do you think you can afford not to be 100% honest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Was on lexapro for a bit but they werent helping. Went to the doctor yday and he gave me Xanax ffs. I couldnt take them going to work, useless.

Do you think you can afford not to be 100% honest?
    I just don't want to get locked up :(

I'm not saying that's a good idea l. But you have to be honest if your feeling like that.

I'm not saying that's a good idea l. But you have to be honest if your feeling like that.
    I was honest. Told him about the notes & the stash of meds & just how crappy I'm feeling. I cried. I never cry. Not with medical professionals anyway.

His solution. Wait and see.

I asked if there was someone I should contact in an emergency or what I should do if I find myself facing a bottle of pills. He said tell someone. I have no-one to tell :(

I'm very upset right now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hersheys wrote: »
    I asked if there was someone I should contact in an emergency or what I should do if I find myself facing a bottle of pills. He said tell someone. I have no-one to tell :(

I'm very upset right now :(

F**k it, i'm sorry you had a bad experience with that doc. I'm kinda angry on your behalf.. Please don't let it colour your thoughts of all the docs.. Can you go to reception and request to see someone different maybe?

That's terrible :mad:

If you really feel like your going to do..: that. Go to A&E

F**k it, i'm sorry you had a bad experience with that doc. I'm kinda angry on your behalf.. Please don't let it colour your thoughts of all the docs.. Can you go to reception and request to see someone different maybe?
    Theres just one psych consultant and a few registrars

I don't think I'm going to do... that.

It's a big If. But it's better than nothing.

It's a big If. But it's better than nothing.
    I just really need to talk to someone but have no-one :( none of my friends can deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

^ I think you need to tell the psycologist that you don't feel comfortable yet, they should understand. Once they know that, it might make you feel at ease...

^ I think you need to tell the psycologist that you don't feel comfortable yet, they should understand. Once they know that, it might make you feel at ease...
    It was the psychiatrist I saw this morning. I told him I'm completely lost and that I can't confide in any of my friends and he just said I need to "ride it out" and see what happens.

Are ye feeling any better today?

It was the psychiatrist I saw this morning. I told him I'm completely lost and that I can't confide in any of my friends and he just said I need to "ride it out" and see what happens.

Hersheys, not happy to hear you didn't get relief from your visit to the psychiatrist :( what were you hoping? that you'd be able to open up more or that they would prescribe different meds/counselling or that they would give you peace of mind in terms of what to do in a crisis?

Go long and catch this hug, I'm throwing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Sorry I should have said psychiatrist....imo that was stupid advice he gave you...its not even advice..do you feel he listens to you at all? I don't know you're situation etc but have you ever imgained all this stuff that happening to someone else, what would you tell that person in you're suitation to do? what advice would you give? how would you treat them? Sometimes this is a good way of looking at things... You are you're own friend, be good to yourself....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement