Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 3

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Big Knox wrote: »
    For the SK guaranteed drop you need to have the game completely cleared then go into game options and hit the reset quests option. It will only be there if you have done a full clear and have every WP. You will lose all progress but SK will drop a legendary on T1 or higher!
    Nope; reset it completly inc. quests and started up a new game on T1. I'm currently working my way through Act 2 again on T1 but no legendary for me from SK though (three yellows) at32 paragon (which is why I'm sticking to T1 for more paragon exp rather then rushing through it).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

For the SK guaranteed drop you need to have the game completely cleared then go into game options and hit the reset quests option. It will only be there if you have done a full clear and have every WP. You will lose all progress but SK will drop a legendary on T1 or higher!

he'll drop a guaranteed legendary on every difficulty, from normal to torment VI once you reset the quests. Works for level 60's as well as low levels.

The torment ones tend to be of better quality though, not sure what way the loot drop system works on him, but in my own experience he drops better legends on torment than on normal.

Nody, to reset the quests, you need to complete the entire campaign from Act 1 - to diablo then on the character screen in game settings, click "reset quests" - it enables the full xp for quests and resets the legendary on skeleton king.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,259 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Nody, to reset the quests, you need to complete the entire campaign from Act 1 - to diablo then on the character screen in game settings, click "reset quests" - it enables the full xp for quests and resets the legendary on skeleton king.
    I did; I'll do it again tonight because I like the fighting down there anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

can you do it on multiple characters?

I have 3 barbs, 1 wiz, 1 dh and a monk all 60 with all waypoints.

Can I reset on all 6, run through act 1, and get my legendary 6 times? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

can you do it on multiple characters?

I have 3 barbs, 1 wiz, 1 dh and a monk all 60 with all waypoints.

Can I reset on all 6, run through act 1, and get my legendary 6 times? :)

Yep I've done it on all 5 60's and it worked every time!

Skeleton king changes in the new patch

Act Bosses now always drop a rare quality item
    The Skeleton King no longer drops a Legendary item after using the "Reset Quests" button for level 60 characters
    This bonus has been moved to Diablo for level 60 characters

not sure if that's live now or tomorrow, i'd guess it's after maintenance tonight/tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Skeleton king changes in the new patch

not sure if that's live now or tomorrow, i'd guess it's after maintenance tonight/tomorrow

Get a reset in now, kill the SK and then work up to Diablo before the patch hits.

A really nice farming spot for legendaries and XP at the moment is Act1. Start at "Rumford at the gates" and work up through the area killing the wretched mothers and packs. Check all cellars (bar wells) as they usually have an elite. Old Tristram has the wretched queen and usually a pack and a cellar with a treasure goblin. Then go down to Adria's hut and kill the named elite there, hand in the quests and reset.

The mobs aren't hard so you can usually bump it up a torment and most of the elites are named ones so they aren't hard to kill. Lots of drops and nice XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

The boosting is patched right??

Get a reset in now, kill the SK and then work up to Diablo before the patch hits.
    To late I'd guess because I just picked up a legendary from Diablo on Torment 2 an hour ago.

• Advertisement

TechnoPool wrote: »
    The boosting is patched right??

it is yeah, though you level a lot faster now than before with the scaling mobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Down to €20 here from Blizzard

2handers are being hotfixed tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I actually built a PC 2 years ago to play this game and then didn't buy it, bought it last night for €20:)

I actually built a PC 2 years ago to play this game and then didn't buy it, bought it last night for €20:)

the sad part about that is that you'll get the diablo experience that everyone should have gotten from scratch. jammy get! :D hope you enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

A man with some sense!

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Started a new Wizard and Barb last night. Barb was ok, but the Wizard is a load of fun.

Could i change the difficulty to Hell with a new character? Or would i get slaughtered. I changed it to Nightmare already, and it's grand so far. Have to be careful, but still going pretty quick.
    the sad part about that is that you'll get the diablo experience that everyone should have gotten from scratch. jammy get! :D hope you enjoy it

But we get to truly appreciate just how much better it is now.

Yeah i envy you both for that. Are you playing on console or pc Kiith?

Pc. Haven't played it in over a year, as i've not had a desktop. But back to it now, and it's great fun. Useful gear comes along much more often now, and having changed it to allow myself to use any skills (unrestricted or whatever it's called), i'm flying through.

Will give the Barb a go later with 2H's though.

ye can do whatever difficulty suits ye, personally on hardcore i did one whole campaign on normal and a second campaign to act 3 to get my demonhunter from 1 to 60, the quests on each difficulty reward a lot of exp, and the mobs scale with you as you level so, whatever is most comfortable for ye

Plus, every act endboss will give you a legendary before you ding 60, and at 60 diablo will always give a legendary after you reset the quests.

• Advertisement

Ah, so i'll still get a legendary from the Skeleton King, as it's my first run through with this character? And does this happen on all different difficulties (i.e. get one on Normal, then re-run it on Nightmare) or is it just a once off?

once you complete the campaign (before 60) you'll get a legendary from the butcher, belial, azmodan, and diablo guaranteed. Not sure about skeleton king anymore, he might.. and might not.

At 60, you get one guaranteed from diablo per every quest reset.

Difficulty level doesnt seem to matter at all. you can do it on normal before or at 60 and reap the same rewards.

Cool, sure i'll probably get through it quickly enough as i'm skipping most of the story content. Seen it all before, and i'll probably see it again when i play a Crusader in RoS.

It'll be nice to see some legendaries that i didn't buy in the AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Is there set items?

Never came across 1 in 100 hours.....

Ah remember the days on the 'Green with Envy' tournaments in D2:

Single Pass.
    Hardcore only.
    Can only equip normal type items until you find set items.
    Once you find a set item, you must equip it in that slot.
    Cannot equip any other type of item (magical/rare/unique).

Made me appreciate sets big time. You'd find about 5-15 set items on a single pass.

Farthest i got was Act 2 Nightmare :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I played from hardcore (hard) on a fresh no paragon Witch Doc and found it easy enough, although i do have 3 Dogs and the Merc tanking everything for me. Knocked it up to Expert at about level 30 then Master at about level 40. Depends on your class id say. If your playing softcore then you could get away with a higher difficulty as there is no penalty on death. But you don't wanna be fighting elite packs for 5 minutes straight neither

any chance to show off..
    My hardcore Demon Hunter

I've gotten three set pieces of Natalya's (on normal) and they're good but they dont have the survivability that other pieces have that i have equipped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Wossack

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Is there set items?

Never came across 1 in 100 hours.....

Ah remember the days on the 'Green with Envy' tournaments in D2:

Single Pass.
    Hardcore only.
    Can only equip normal type items until you find set items.
    Once you find a set item, you must equip it in that slot.
    Cannot equip any other type of item (magical/rare/unique).

Made me appreciate sets big time. You'd find about 5-15 set items on a single pass.

Farthest i got was Act 2 Nightmare :P

That sounds cool :)

yes there are set items, but drop even less often then legendaries (in my experience). Found a few recipes for set items however..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

any chance to show off..
    My hardcore Demon Hunter

I've gotten three set pieces of Natalya's (on normal) and they're good but they dont have the survivability that other pieces have that i have equipped there.

Saw you playing Normal on that Demon Hunter alright. Was wondering why the **** you where running normal on a level 60 char. Figured you where boosting someone :P Good stuff bro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Was the game not supposed to be back on about half an hour ago? Or is it half an hour from now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Jacovs wrote: »
    Was the game not supposed to be back on about half an hour ago? Or is it half an hour from now?

4pm I heard

Advertisement