Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SportsDirect.com Free Standard Delivery until Midnight July 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Don't give this man your money. :mad:

ashleyprat1.thumbnail.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

copacetic wrote: »
    Does anybody else's confirmation mail have sports direct address as the delivery address and your actual address as billing address only? I'm assuming they won't send my delivery to themselves?!

I appear to be in the same situation as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Thanks OP ordered three pairs of shorts for my holidays hope I get them by Friday.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

HoPpiE wrote: »
    I appear to be in the same situation as you.

Did you pay by paypal? Weird one, emailed them, got an auto response saying it could be 5 days until they get back to me! Presume they will cop it...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Charlie wrote: »
    Don't give this man your money. :mad:
    Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

copacetic wrote: »
    Did you pay by paypal? Weird one, emailed them, got an auto response saying it could be 5 days until they get back to me! Presume they will cop it...

Nope, I used Visa debit. Also, the socks I ordered were out of stock and removed from my invoice.

I'd say they'll send them to the correct delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Just paid with paypal and all is OK.

Do ye guys have confirmed addresses with paypal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Cheers OP, just bought some stuff I didn't really want and can't really afford. The system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

phasers wrote: »
    Huh?

Guy on the right is Mike Ashley, owner of Newcastle Utd, and SportsDirect....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Big Lar wrote: »
    Just paid with paypal and all is OK.

Do ye guys have confirmed addresses with paypal ?

Mine isnt a confirmed paypal address either, but it hasnt stopped orders being fulfilled from other websites for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Bought a good bit of gear there, thanks very much OP! Got my despatch email there with the right address for delivery.

Did a quick bit of research on the company, no wonder they can sell the gear for so little, this Ashley guy owns dunlop, donnay, slazenger, everlast, kangol etc. outright!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've ordered the Blackburn & Fulham 10/11 jerseys. Spartak Moskow jersey and 3 other normal t-shirts for €60. Can't complain at an average of 10 quid a shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Ordered 2 golf gloves there now aswell for the princely sum of £6. Great bargain OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks OP, great deals on the site. Just placed an order:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭SlanGoFoil2011

can anyone recomend a good tent on there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

can anyone recomend a good tent on there
    Have you tried argos? They have a big sale on tents, something there might be better value for you.

Just spent about £60 there! But got 2 pairs of shorts, pair of jeans, 2 pairs of jog pants, a nike american football, 2 pairs of gloves, a scarf, a tshirt, pair of kappa trainers, 3 beanie hats and a boxing keyring! Good value I think :D Would never get good branded gear like that for that price in ireland thats for sure!

Cheers op!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Placed an order yesterday as well, good spot OP.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Wish I saw this before now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Is the parcel tracking working for anyone?
    Yodel

We regret that due to a technical error, we are unable to provide our web tracking service at the moment. We are investigating the problem with urgency and will return the service as soon as we can. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

This isn't the crowd they normally use...

EDIT: If you copy and paste your tracking # from your email into the tracking field on their homepage it works.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I ordered on Friday, my paypal payment was accepted and still no email regarding dispatch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

snubbleste wrote: »
    I ordered on Friday, my paypal payment was accepted and still no email regarding dispatch.

Yeah me too........:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Made an order last night, paid by paypal, but on my order history it still says "new order" under status. Is that the same for everyone? I got a paypal confirmation email and the payment is "pending" but I got no email off sports direct. Im hoping its because theres a good 8 or 9 things in the order that it may take a day or 2 to be despatched, but I thought it would be saying "order picking" or "packaging" now. hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

In my experience with ordering from SportsDirect some orders can be despatched very quickly. Probably because they have the items in a central warehouse. Sometimes when you order something that is end of line or exdisplay (major bargains to be had but risking being shop soiled), it can take a few days longer as unlike amazon etc, they ship everything in one box not in dribs and drabs as they probably round every up in one place first and then ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

I ordered on Saturday morning through paypal as a new customer and my package was shipped on Saturday evening according to email received, however the tracking number is showing up as invalid. They have charged my paypal account though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

indiewindy wrote: »
    I ordered on Saturday morning through paypal as a new customer and my package was shipped on Saturday evening according to email received, however the tracking number is showing up as invalid. They have charged my paypal account though.

If you cut and paste the tracking number into the courier company's tracking it does come up. Mine was registered as delivered to the main depot and then shipped out again 4 minutes later. I would expect delivery tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

lads, who do this crowd use in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Jnealon wrote: »
    DHL
    Thanks wasn't sure if that would change given the change of uk courier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

From YODEL website:
    If your parcel reference is 8, 13 or 16 digits long please use the following link www.myyodel.co.uk.

If your parcel number begins with the letters JD, please use the following link http://tracking.yodel.co.uk.

Also if you have a JD tracking number you can enter it at www.dhl.ie to get more information.

For your consideration: if you typically rely on a courier to call due to lack of house name/number/need for directions it might be worth a call to DHL (once package is in Ireland) to ensure they have the right address and phone details. On my last and first delivery DHL did not have my phone number as it was not passed from SportsDirect somehow? I did follow up with SportsDirect after and they confirmed they had all the information so not sure what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Cheers Eddie. Mine has just left Gatwick after ordering late Saturday night. Fingers crossed for delivery tomorrow. Pity it does not give a delivery date estimate.

Advertisement