Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV3 app

Options
  • 23-01-2011 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Watch some of Ireland's favorite TV shows on your mobile device. Catch full episodes of Xposé, Ireland AM, Tonight with Vincent Browne and more on the TV3 App get the latest text and video news from our news teams throughout the country as well as sports news and the latest gossip from the Xposé team, exclusive app only competitions and more from TV3.

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/entertainment/tv3-app_qfvj.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I wouldn't pay 1 cent to watch that channel - never mind €1.59.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I'm tempted alright just to watch Vincent abuse politicians :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bet even the paid version is riddled with ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'm not paying for any app. If it ends up on 4shared then maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

Ads on a paid app? Very poor... Shame, would find it useful.

If TV3 want ads in the app, then its needs to be free like RTE's

• Advertisement

viking wrote: »
    Ads on a paid app? Very poor... Shame, would find it useful.

If TV3 want ads in the app, then its needs to be free like RTE's

he didnt say there was Ads, he only said he bets there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭viking

seanybiker wrote: »

Yeah I know. Screenshots in the OP's link show ads for The O2:

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/entertainment/tv3-app_qfvj_screenshots.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭kgt272

Macros42 wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay 1 cent to watch that channel - never mind €1.59.

I thinks that price is ok to be honest - worth it alone for the Vincent Brown show!!!:) The only reservation I have is how updated the shows are on it , are they just a day behind , a few days or a week - that would influence me in getting this app! anyone have any experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

seanybiker wrote: »

One of the reviewers in the market says that it does have ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

According to the ratings and reviews there are some problems with the video files suddenly stopping or not playing. Less than 50 people have downloaded the application so I will wait a while longer before paying.

There certainly have great potential. I remember last year Newstalk got a couple of comments saying their podcasts were a couple of weeks behind. That's all changed and it's really up to date, like just after the show is finished. If TV3 does the same then it will crush the RTE application.

• Advertisement

One of the reviewers in the market says that it does have ads.
    oops. That's just crap so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

According to the ratings and reviews there are some problems with the video files suddenly stopping or not playing. Less than 50 people have downloaded the application so I will wait a while longer before paying.

There certainly have great potential. I remember last year Newstalk got a couple of comments saying their podcasts were a couple of weeks behind. That's all changed and it's really up to date, like just after the show is finished. If TV3 does the same then it will crush the RTE application.

As much as I loathe RTE, there android app is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

hey guys, I got the app for a try:

1) yes there is ad and its just the o2 ad, even the link is not working.
    2)The following programs are : Vincent show, Xpose, Midday, Ireland AM, The Morning Show and Animal A&E so far
    3) Programs are up-to-date really, spot on.
    4) Streaming over 3G and wifi works, now only ran for like 3 minutes.
    5) there is news, as a text and videos.
    6) Sport Videos -> pretty good, No it doesn't cover premier league highlights ( i wish :) )
    7) some sort of competition, not sure weekly/monthly basis.

basically its worth to buy, you have 15 mins to change your mind and refund the app then if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭kgt272

akamossie wrote: »
    hey guys, I got the app for a try:

1) yes there is ad and its just the o2 ad, even the link is not working.
    2)The following programs are : Vincent show, Xpose, Midday, Ireland AM, The Morning Show and Animal A&E so far
    3) Programs are up-to-date really, spot on.
    4) Streaming over 3G and wifi works, now only ran for like 3 minutes.
    5) there is news, as a text and videos.
    6) Sport Videos -> pretty good, No it doesn't cover premier league highlights ( i wish :) )
    7) some sort of competition, not sure weekly/monthly basis.

basically its worth to buy, you have 15 mins to change your mind and refund the app then if you want

Cheers for the feedback! worth splashing out just for the benefit of Vincent brown and nothing like good old tabloid journalism from paul byrne for a bit of light entertainment ( i mean news) to get us away from the rte mainstream doom and gloom!:)

To be honest I loves animal a&e so I wouldn't mind actually paying for the app lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Unable to find this on market. have tried with all Irish MNC's via market enabler but still cannot find package com.tv3 . Does anyone have the apk?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I think TV3 are missing a trick here.

If you look at the market they've got 50 to 100 installs. It's $2.2 to buy so at a maximum they've made $220.
    It's Android users they're trying to attract so they should know their (free) website will work fine on most Android phones. Not like certain other smartphones.

Why not make it ad supported (maybe make a 30 second ad play before a programme) and make the app free. I'd say a lot more people would download the app and TV3 could show metrics to their advertisers, they'll attract more visitors. I don't watch TV3 much but if the app was free I'd use it the odd time and surely their goal is to attract more viewers away from other stations. If their goal is to make money from the app that's not working out.

I hope they're smart enough to not just compare iPhone App sales to Android App sales. The iPhone users have no other choice. If they want to watch TV3 on their phones they have to use an app. We don't :D

Advertisement