Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best deal on Samsung Galaxy S

Options
  • 17-09-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've decided to buy myself a Samsung Galaxy S. I'm currently an o2 pay as you go customer because of the free texts to Irish mobiles deal.

Is there a billpay deal that is similar? I have been looking around but can't seem to find it.

What would be the best deal available at the moment for the Galaxy S?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Hi all,

I've decided to buy myself a Samsung Galaxy S. I'm currently an o2 pay as you go customer because of the free texts to Irish mobiles deal.

Is there a billpay deal that is similar? I have been looking around but can't seem to find it.

What would be the best deal available at the moment for the Galaxy S?

Cheers

I went from meteor pay as you go using 30 a month to vodafone billpay with 45 euro and 5 euro insurance. I bought the phone and contract online through vodafone.ie and the phone was 109.99. My business pays 50% of my bill but I havent gone over the allocated 150 min, 150 texts and 600 webtexts or 2gb data yet. By signing up online you get 5 numbers mobile or landline that you can ring or text for free. So 5 friends and family can ring/text all the time - 150 min for everyone else, I use webtexts through textdroid and still have 300 left.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭jeff lebowski

That sounds ok. Can you get that as wlel if you buy it in the store? if I get it I'd rather go in today and pick it up rather than wait for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Motjida

That sounds ok. Can you get that as wlel if you buy it in the store? if I get it I'd rather go in today and pick it up rather than wait for delivery.

Nope, you have to buy it online to avail of the €90 discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

Nope its 200 instore and you cant get that contract by buying iun store. Trust me its worth the 3 day wait.

Do carphone warehouse have any deals? I was looking at their website but it's terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

Vodafone pay as you: top up by 30 and get free calls, texts and 128mb(iirc) vodafone live for the month.
    If thats not enough surfing you can spend 20 more to buy 5gigs usage for the month.

Is there a deal on them in carphone warehouse? My mate mentioned something but the number in the local store is ringing out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I got mine on 3 for 90Euro, went into the shop, walked out with the phone, I'm on a plan that's 40Euro a month meteor is 30 but that includes no data rates and they're default data rates are astronomical, and have had bad expereince with meteor on bill pay before. the 3 plan covers like 350 three points and 150 texts a month, each of the points cover you for 1 minute talk time or 2 texts or 512 kB data. Working out pretty well for me so far + love the phone!

I got impatient and went down to Carphone Warehouse and bought 1. Got it for €129 on the €40 a month plan, free calls and texts to O2, 150 mins and 100 texts free as well. Most of the ppl I ring and text are on O2 so that's why I decided to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

I got impatient and went down to Carphone Warehouse and bought 1. Got it for €129 on the €40 a month plan, free calls and texts to O2, 150 mins and 100 texts free as well. Most of the ppl I ring and text are on O2 so that's why I decided to go for it.

What memory did it come with?

• Advertisement

8 gig internal memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

8 gig internal memory.

Less Memory than from Vodaphone and the phone is dearer.
    You could have got it from Vodaphone for 109euro with 16gb mem, 150 free mins and 150 free texts and you could have picked 5 friends numbers to ring for free.

The free 02 calls and texts swung it plus I have a Micro SD card I can use so the smaller memory didn;t bother me.

I'm a total newb when it comes to Smartphones so can anyone tell me, should internet access on this work everywhere? So far it has only worked through my wifi at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

Yup it should work anywhere.
    You just need your apn settings from o2 to get it working.
    You might need to give o2 a shout to enable it.
    Tis simple either way.

Cheers

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

I actually left O2, due to the poor coverage I received in my area, that they admit they could not fix, the data was always crap, I suspected the area was oversubscribed as they claimed it would be fixed in a set timeframe which gave me an impression that they were waiting for a new mast to go up.

They really have treated their customers like complete crap in the last 18 months or so, so I was delighted to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Was on O2 prepay myself and switched to Three. Paid 99e for the Galaxy S on a 40e a month plan. Was originally planning on getting the HTC Desire but I'm glad I changed my mind.

That was pretty darn good deal if you ask me. I'd wager that the Galaxy could match if not beat the iPhone 4 in a fair few categories so either way the phone is a good deal compared to others.

Advertisement