Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

website software

• 23-06-2009 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hello I have 3 questions to ask

Is Joomala for building websites
    Is coffecup any good for building websites.

Which software would you use for building websites (i cannot afford dreamweaver)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Neither technically. You named two Content Management Systems which require a design. However, saying that, you can just grab a free skin and free plugins and add the content yourself. All you are missing is your logo. :)

Dreamweaver is not really the software to use for making websites, ideally.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

Actually, coffeecup is an html editor. There are both free and paid versions.

I tried the free version and found it a little buggy, it kept adding double letters when auto-completing css and html tags.

One of the best free editors is notepad++ it's pretty efficient and you can work pretty quickly once you get the hang of it.

I'd recommend doing some html and css tutorials at w3schools if you're not too familiar with code.

There are programs that have a graphical interface (even free ones like kompozer) that mimic dreamweaver pretty good, but they all seem to write crap code when using the wysiwyg, hence the need for a strong foundation in html and css to fix up the code they spout out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Hello I have 3 questions to ask

Is Joomala for building websites
    Is coffecup any good for building websites.

Which software would you use for building websites (i cannot afford dreamweaver)

hi,

I use coffeecup visual site designer, and is gr8, but thinking of buyin dreamweaver in time... see the site i created with it: www.kilfenoraclare.com !!.

Joomla is for building websites,
    coffeecup is great for building websites.
    i would recommend coffeecup to those who want a basic website.

Advertisement