Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zyxel AMG1302-T10A

• 05-03-2013 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I recently moved into a new place apartment. The best broadband going in the area is skyconway. The router they installed is a Zyxel AMG1302-T10A. I can't find a manual or anything online. When I try to connect to my ps3 through the wireless it reads "access point not found".

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

skits08 wrote: »
    I can't find a manual

Tried this?
    the user guide is on the CD supplied with the device

Do other devices connect to the WLAN?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 skits08

I didn't get a cd with the device, it was installed by an engineer. However I finally got it to work!!! I was looking at some settings in the router and in the advanced settings I changed the 802.11 Mode from 802.11 b+g+n to just 802.11 g+n and it worked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

How did you gain access to the router itself? I cant find any password for it anywhere, unable to login to it. Emailed support and they want me to physically sign some agreement in order to access the router?! Crazy!

The thing keeps rebooting itself and the wifi drops all the time, at first i thought it was an issue with wifi and windows 8.1 as ive been reading up a lot of those lately. But a friend came around with a windows 7 laptop and had the same issue. The modem itself just seems to reboot every now and again, lights go all off and gradually back up again, i then have an internet connection for a minute or so and then stuck on limited or no connectivity.

The weird thing is that when im connected wired to the modem it seems stable after only one test.

Its not like its over heating or anything either as it the temperature of the box is grand, nothing blocking the vents or anything either.

I've tried all sorts of fixes client side on my desktop such as manually setting the DNS, flushing the dns, updating wifi drivers, regressing the wifi drivers, enabling/disabling the wifi adapter and a few other suggestions. Nothing consistent.

But its so hard to diagnose when i cant even access the router itself to see whats going on there.

Support changed a few things on the line to see if it helped but no difference.

Advertisement