Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clipboard going door to door with intent to break and enter

• 04-07-2012 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Reports in Cherrymount area, some fella in his twenties, neat ginger hair, slim build with a blue clipboard trying houses for size by knocking/ringing several times leaving returning doing it again and then taking a chance.

whoops can a mod merge this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056598825&page=2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'll stick my hurleys next to the door for the next while so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

Called to our place in Cherrymount and if he does it again I'll be letting him know where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭decies

Those nigerians can be trouble alright :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This is where neighbourhood watch should come in. Anyone who sees someone going door to door and doing more than knocking (ie: peering in), should report them immediately to the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

mike65 wrote: »
    Reports in Cherrymount area, some fella in his twenties, neat ginger hair, slim build with a blue clipboard trying houses for size by knocking/ringing several times leaving returning doing it again and then taking a chance.

whoops can a mod merge this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056598825&page=2

Same fella was collecting for a Cork charity in our area (Grange Road) last Friday week. Charity knew nothing about it. Ginger, buck teeth, around 5'10".
    Reported it to the Guards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

This is where neighbourhood watch should come in. Anyone who sees someone going door to door and doing more than knocking (ie: peering in), should report them immediately to the Gardai.
    my next door neighbour leaves his downstairs window wide open some days. It be open for hours. Dunno what some people be thinking. Grand if someone is in there but they seem to be never there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

my next door neighbour leaves his downstairs window wide open some days. It be open for hours. Dunno what some people be thinking. Grand if someone is in there but they seem to be never there

ya never know it may be a trap, he might be sat near the window with a shotgun of something

ya never know it may be a trap, he might be sat near the window with a shotgun of something

Maybe thats it yeah haha. he is extremely quiet so maybe the quietness is covering up his homicidal tendencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Similar guy knocking on doors on the Dunmore road. Had a blue clipboard with a sheet on saying it was for a sponsored cycle from Cork to Waterford to raise funds for a clinic for people with addiction issues.. Said it was called Victory Outreach..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Trotter wrote: »
    Similar guy knocking on doors on the Dunmore road. Had a blue clipboard with a sheet on saying it was for a sponsored cycle from Cork to Waterford to raise funds for a clinic for people with addiction issues.. Said it was called Youth Outreach..
    I'd say it was for addiction issues alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Adyx wrote: »
    I'd say it was for addiction issues alright.

Sorry I got the name wrong.. Victory Outreach..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Shotguns at the ready folks !!!! :0 what happens when old people are afraid to open the door and these guys think no one is home and go breaking in????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i remember a guy with a blue van doing this in our area some years back ... scary

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Saw something myself yesterday maybe nothing but you would be thinking. Was walking around the sitting room and saw a dodgy looking guy get out of a car. He was just standing in the middle of the road in the pouring rain and looking at all houses up and down the street. He ran over knocked on a door across the road no answer started trying to look through the glass. Went in next door fella answered and at same time fella nextdoor opened up. He made brief conversation with the fella who opened the door and said nothing to the fella at the first house he knocked on. Jogged off into car and drove off. Maybe nothing but just looked dodgy.

Similar guy knocking on doors on the Dunmore road. Had a blue clipboard with a sheet on saying it was for a sponsored cycle from Cork to Waterford to raise funds for a clinic for people with addiction issues.. Said it was called Victory Outreach..

Oh that fella called to my door about a month ago. Skinny fella with buck teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Myself and fiance saw this guy in Grantstown Park yesterday, whats the deal with him? Is he trying to scam money or is he casing the places? Creepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Need to get a pic of this fella and not post it here but online and PM the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

kensutz wrote: »
    Called to our place in Cherrymount and if he does it again I'll be letting him know where to go.
    Meant to ask, what time did he call to ye Ken? I heard nothing but I would have been asleep or had headphones on.
    Sorry I got the name wrong.. Victory Outreach..
    That was my poor attempt at a joke. I was implying he was a junkie. I don't think Youth Outreach exist and Victory Outreach is definitely fake going by their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

Victory Outreach is definitely fake going by their website.

They are real from what I've read about them but they are basically a cult and really dodgy. Still doubt he has anything to do with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Creamsoda wrote: »
    Victory Outreach is definitely fake going by their website.

They are real from what I've read about them but they are basically a cult and really dodgy. Still doubt he has anything to do with them.
    A girl also called earlier on around 5ish. same charity. the guy called around 8ish i told him a girl had also called. Its supposed to be for a centre for addiction and depression up across from ballygunner school. I asked a few questions to the girl because to be honest I don't think that's a good place to put a centre like that. Seemed legit though.I should add I am on the dunmore road.

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    A girl also called earlier on around 5ish. same charity. the guy called around 8ish i told him a girl had also called. Its supposed to be for a centre for addiction and depression up across from ballygunner school. I asked a few questions to the girl because to be honest I don't think that's a good place to put a centre like that. Seemed legit though.I should add I am on the dunmore road.

He called to me last week claiming to be collecting for autistic children. Deserves an award for all the charity work he's doing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Creamsoda wrote: »
    He called to me last week claiming to be collecting for autistic children. Deserves an award for all the charity work he's doing :D

Are we still talking about the same fella as in the OP? Ginger top, about 6 foot?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Yes foxy hair tall and he seemed nervous. strong accent, can't place where from. Not from town anyway.

mike65 wrote: »
    Are we still talking about the same fella as in the OP? Ginger top, about 6 foot?

Yeah definitely the same fella, ginger with a clip board.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,185 ✭✭✭kensutz

Meant to ask, what time did he call to ye Ken? I heard nothing but I would have been asleep or had headphones on.

It was about 4:15pm that he called from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Bards

seem to remember, someone matching this guys description robbed a work colleague's home about 12 months ago. Same M.O - same area of the City. He reported it to the Guards and they seems to know exactly who he was and he had his stuff back before you could say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Makes you wonder why the F*** he is still going door-to-door, - what happened. a little slap on the wrists.

we need to have Zero tolerance for this kind of behaviour and our well paid Public Servants should get off their behind and put a stop to this creep. At worst a hefty fine for going door-to-door collecting for charities without a valid license

Oh Wait - their too busy implementing their Go-Slow blitz for the next 24 hours on the over taxed Motorist to do any REAL crime fighting.

Edit: IIRC didn't we out source this so the cops could spend more time stopping real criminals - go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaltaFan

He's in grange manor area right now, I'm trying to get a pic! I refused to answer the door, he knocked three times!!!

Bards wrote: »
    seem to remember, someone matching this guys description robbed a work colleague's home about 12 months ago. Same M.O - same area of the City. He reported it to the Guards and they seems to know exactly who he was and he had his stuff back before you could say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

Hmmmm I think I might know him. Well not know him but know of him, if its the same fella that is. Used to live in hillview and supposedly was robbing half the town. Skinny little fella about 23.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Bards

any more sightings?

Advertisement